It is currently Thu May 25, 2017 5:22 pm

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 169 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 12  Next
Scarlets v Ospreys 
World XV Player

Post Scarlets v Ospreys
Need I say it.
The West is Best. :D
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/rugby-union/39757541

Sun Apr 30, 2017 12:46 pm
Profile E-mail
British & Irish Lions Player

Post Re: Scarlets v Ospreys
BigRed wrote:
Need I say it.
The West is Best. :D
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/rugby-union/39757541

And has been since at least 2010.

Sun Apr 30, 2017 2:52 pm
Profile E-mail

3rd place guarantees tier 2 seeding in RCC, so something on the game other than pride

Sun Apr 30, 2017 3:54 pm
Profile E-mail

Scarlets front row will destroy the inept Ospreys backup props, although the back row will be more of a contest, especially if AWJ comes back.

Sun Apr 30, 2017 5:29 pm
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

wasp wrote:
3rd place guarantees tier 2 seeding in RCC, so something on the game other than pride

Thats a huge incentive to win.

I wonder if we will get mind games this week. I don't think Pivac and Tandy are the mind game types - oh how we miss Lyn Jones and Scott Johnson. :D

Sun Apr 30, 2017 6:43 pm
World XV Player

ICEverything wrote:
wasp wrote:

Thats a huge incentive to win.

I wonder if we will get mind games this week. I don't think Pivac and Tandy are the mind game types - oh how we miss Lyn Jones and Scott Johnson. :D

Scott Johnson! Haven't heard that name mentioned for ages.
Anyone know where he is now and who he is coaching?
Just looked up wiki, is he still with Scotland?

Sun Apr 30, 2017 6:46 pm
Profile E-mail
Schools District Player

We have the better pack, and the better backs.

If we lose, it will be of our own doing!

Sun Apr 30, 2017 10:48 pm
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

TurkishDelight wrote:

We have been guilty of some 'hail Mary' passes and giving away too many penalties. Also some far too early substitutions.
Other than that we have been fairly consistent, pity about the early season lapses.
I do think we will have the measure of the Spreys on Saturday but the game is going to be to close to call.

Sun Apr 30, 2017 11:06 pm
Profile E-mail

BigRed wrote:
TurkishDelight wrote:

We have been guilty of some 'hail Mary' passes and giving away too many penalties. Also some far too early substitutions.
Other than that we have been fairly consistent, pity about the early season lapses.
I do think we will have the measure of the Spreys on Saturday but the game is going to be to close to call.

I don't think we'll be playing 7s like we did against Connacht. Definitely have the team on paper. Let's hope for a good spectacle.

Mon May 01, 2017 5:29 pm
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

On paper I would say the O's have the better 22, but scarlets are a much better coached team and think they start clear favourites. They've played the more successful rugby over the season.

O's are in the playoffs because of bonus points. not to be discounted, but the scarlets have lost something like 2 of their last 18 games while O's have lost 3 of the last 4.

Although all that is on paper and complete nonsense as if the O's win they finish ahead of the scarlets, and after 22 games the table doesn't lie.

Mon May 01, 2017 5:46 pm
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

Don't think there is much in it. I expect scarlets to get a nudge up front but I don't like their backrow and their half backs are hit and miss

Ospreys run around a lot but the quality of what they do at times is debatable. They also don't have a scrum

Mon May 01, 2017 9:09 pm
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

Could be a classic or a dour arm wrestle.
A classic if one of the teams gets away with one or two early tries, forcing the other to respond.
Dour if there are lots of handling errors and penalties on both sides and no early tries leading to an arm wrestle.
Both sides have the ability to attack from deep inside their own half.
An interesting duel will be between Rhys Patchell and Dan Biggar, but there will also be some interesting duels all over the park.
And for the players not in the Lions there will be players wanting a seat on the plane for the summer tour.

Tue May 02, 2017 9:29 am
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

AverageBBCjournalist wrote:
Don't think there is much in it. I expect scarlets to get a nudge up front but I don't like their backrow and their half backs are hit and miss

Ospreys run around a lot but the quality of what they do at times is debatable. They also don't have a scrum

that is a brilliant summary :D

Tue May 02, 2017 11:32 am
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

BigRed wrote:
A classic if one of the teams gets away with one or two early tries, forcing the other to respond.
Dour if there are lots of handling errors and penalties on both sides and no early tries leading to an arm wrestle.
An interesting duel will be between Rhys Patchell and Dan Biggar, but there will also be some interesting duels all over the park.
And for the players not in the Lions there will be players wanting a seat on the plane for the summer tour.

I'd like to think with both teams almost guaranteed a playoff spot, they'll both try good attacking rugby on a sunny may afternoon to send everyone home for the summer with a nice warm feeling inside, keen to for the next season to begin and get their tickets.

this is a massive opportunity for both teams to make this a real success off the pitch. I hope they take it.

Tue May 02, 2017 11:36 am
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

mr messy wrote:
BigRed wrote:

I'd like to think with both teams almost guaranteed a playoff spot, they'll both try good attacking rugby on a sunny may afternoon to send everyone home for the summer with a nice warm feeling inside, keen to for the next season to begin and get their tickets.

this is a massive opportunity for both teams to make this a real success off the pitch. I hope they take it.

I expect a niggly game which, if refereed by Nigel, will be even worse than it should be.

Tue May 02, 2017 1:31 pm
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 169 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 12  Next