It is currently Thu May 25, 2017 5:22 pm




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 169 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 12  Next
Scarlets v Ospreys 
Author Message
World XV Player

Joined: Thu Jul 21, 2011 11:50 am
Posts: 4516
Post Scarlets v Ospreys
Need I say it.
The West is Best. :D
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/rugby-union/39757541


Sun Apr 30, 2017 12:46 pm
Profile E-mail
British & Irish Lions Player

Joined: Thu Nov 24, 2016 5:42 pm
Posts: 1525
Post Re: Scarlets v Ospreys
BigRed wrote:
Need I say it.
The West is Best. :D
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/rugby-union/39757541


And has been since at least 2010.


Sun Apr 30, 2017 2:52 pm
Profile E-mail
British & Irish Lions Player
User avatar

Joined: Sat May 10, 2014 9:10 am
Posts: 2168
Post Re: Scarlets v Ospreys
3rd place guarantees tier 2 seeding in RCC, so something on the game other than pride


Sun Apr 30, 2017 3:54 pm
Profile E-mail
British & Irish Lions Player

Joined: Thu Nov 24, 2016 5:42 pm
Posts: 1525
Post Re: Scarlets v Ospreys
Scarlets front row will destroy the inept Ospreys backup props, although the back row will be more of a contest, especially if AWJ comes back.


Sun Apr 30, 2017 5:29 pm
Profile E-mail
World XV Player
User avatar

Joined: Thu May 18, 2006 4:39 pm
Posts: 34751
Post Re: Scarlets v Ospreys
wasp wrote:
3rd place guarantees tier 2 seeding in RCC, so something on the game other than pride

Thats a huge incentive to win.

I wonder if we will get mind games this week. I don't think Pivac and Tandy are the mind game types - oh how we miss Lyn Jones and Scott Johnson. :D

_________________
The fight is won or lost far away from witnesses - behind the lines, in the gym, and out there on the road, long before I dance under those lights. Muhammad Ali


Sun Apr 30, 2017 6:43 pm
Profile
World XV Player

Joined: Thu Jul 21, 2011 11:50 am
Posts: 4516
Post Re: Scarlets v Ospreys
ICEverything wrote:
wasp wrote:
3rd place guarantees tier 2 seeding in RCC, so something on the game other than pride

Thats a huge incentive to win.

I wonder if we will get mind games this week. I don't think Pivac and Tandy are the mind game types - oh how we miss Lyn Jones and Scott Johnson. :D

Scott Johnson! Haven't heard that name mentioned for ages.
Anyone know where he is now and who he is coaching?
Just looked up wiki, is he still with Scotland?


Sun Apr 30, 2017 6:46 pm
Profile E-mail
Schools District Player
User avatar

Joined: Wed Oct 12, 2016 9:49 pm
Posts: 41
Location: Wales, mun.
Post Re: Scarlets v Ospreys
We have the better pack, and the better backs.

If we lose, it will be of our own doing!

_________________
Scarlet Fever - there is no cure!


Sun Apr 30, 2017 10:48 pm
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

Joined: Thu Jul 21, 2011 11:50 am
Posts: 4516
Post Re: Scarlets v Ospreys
TurkishDelight wrote:
We have the better pack, and the better backs.

If we lose, it will be of our own doing!

We have been guilty of some 'hail Mary' passes and giving away too many penalties. Also some far too early substitutions.
Other than that we have been fairly consistent, pity about the early season lapses.
I do think we will have the measure of the Spreys on Saturday but the game is going to be to close to call.


Sun Apr 30, 2017 11:06 pm
Profile E-mail
British & Irish Lions Player
User avatar

Joined: Sat May 10, 2014 9:10 am
Posts: 2168
Post Re: Scarlets v Ospreys
BigRed wrote:
TurkishDelight wrote:
We have the better pack, and the better backs.

If we lose, it will be of our own doing!

We have been guilty of some 'hail Mary' passes and giving away too many penalties. Also some far too early substitutions.
Other than that we have been fairly consistent, pity about the early season lapses.
I do think we will have the measure of the Spreys on Saturday but the game is going to be to close to call.

I don't think we'll be playing 7s like we did against Connacht. Definitely have the team on paper. Let's hope for a good spectacle.


Mon May 01, 2017 5:29 pm
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

Joined: Sun Jan 25, 2009 4:48 pm
Posts: 12236
Post Re: Scarlets v Ospreys
On paper I would say the O's have the better 22, but scarlets are a much better coached team and think they start clear favourites. They've played the more successful rugby over the season.

O's are in the playoffs because of bonus points. not to be discounted, but the scarlets have lost something like 2 of their last 18 games while O's have lost 3 of the last 4.

Although all that is on paper and complete nonsense as if the O's win they finish ahead of the scarlets, and after 22 games the table doesn't lie.


Mon May 01, 2017 5:46 pm
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

Joined: Fri Jul 27, 2012 2:08 pm
Posts: 3091
Post Re: Scarlets v Ospreys
Don't think there is much in it. I expect scarlets to get a nudge up front but I don't like their backrow and their half backs are hit and miss

Ospreys run around a lot but the quality of what they do at times is debatable. They also don't have a scrum


Mon May 01, 2017 9:09 pm
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

Joined: Thu Jul 21, 2011 11:50 am
Posts: 4516
Post Re: Scarlets v Ospreys
Could be a classic or a dour arm wrestle.
A classic if one of the teams gets away with one or two early tries, forcing the other to respond.
Dour if there are lots of handling errors and penalties on both sides and no early tries leading to an arm wrestle.
Both sides have the ability to attack from deep inside their own half.
An interesting duel will be between Rhys Patchell and Dan Biggar, but there will also be some interesting duels all over the park.
And for the players not in the Lions there will be players wanting a seat on the plane for the summer tour.


Tue May 02, 2017 9:29 am
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

Joined: Sun Jan 25, 2009 4:48 pm
Posts: 12236
Post Re: Scarlets v Ospreys
AverageBBCjournalist wrote:
Don't think there is much in it. I expect scarlets to get a nudge up front but I don't like their backrow and their half backs are hit and miss

Ospreys run around a lot but the quality of what they do at times is debatable. They also don't have a scrum


that is a brilliant summary :D


Tue May 02, 2017 11:32 am
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

Joined: Sun Jan 25, 2009 4:48 pm
Posts: 12236
Post Re: Scarlets v Ospreys
BigRed wrote:
Could be a classic or a dour arm wrestle.
A classic if one of the teams gets away with one or two early tries, forcing the other to respond.
Dour if there are lots of handling errors and penalties on both sides and no early tries leading to an arm wrestle.
Both sides have the ability to attack from deep inside their own half.
An interesting duel will be between Rhys Patchell and Dan Biggar, but there will also be some interesting duels all over the park.
And for the players not in the Lions there will be players wanting a seat on the plane for the summer tour.


I'd like to think with both teams almost guaranteed a playoff spot, they'll both try good attacking rugby on a sunny may afternoon to send everyone home for the summer with a nice warm feeling inside, keen to for the next season to begin and get their tickets.

this is a massive opportunity for both teams to make this a real success off the pitch. I hope they take it.


Tue May 02, 2017 11:36 am
Profile E-mail
World XV Player
User avatar

Joined: Thu May 06, 2004 5:40 pm
Posts: 58133
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Post Re: Scarlets v Ospreys
mr messy wrote:
BigRed wrote:
Could be a classic or a dour arm wrestle.
A classic if one of the teams gets away with one or two early tries, forcing the other to respond.
Dour if there are lots of handling errors and penalties on both sides and no early tries leading to an arm wrestle.
Both sides have the ability to attack from deep inside their own half.
An interesting duel will be between Rhys Patchell and Dan Biggar, but there will also be some interesting duels all over the park.
And for the players not in the Lions there will be players wanting a seat on the plane for the summer tour.


I'd like to think with both teams almost guaranteed a playoff spot, they'll both try good attacking rugby on a sunny may afternoon to send everyone home for the summer with a nice warm feeling inside, keen to for the next season to begin and get their tickets.

this is a massive opportunity for both teams to make this a real success off the pitch. I hope they take it.


I expect a niggly game which, if refereed by Nigel, will be even worse than it should be.

_________________
We are all in the gutter but me and my mam are looking at the stars!


Tue May 02, 2017 1:31 pm
Profile
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 169 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 12  Next


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 8 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to: