It is currently Fri Dec 15, 2017 5:00 pm

Cheetahs vs Leinster. Friday 
World XV Player

Post Re: Cheetahs vs Leinster. Friday
Tony Panties wrote:
BigRed wrote:
BigRed wrote:
Did I not warn about Cheetahs? They played two matches today and won them both. One in Pro 14 and one in the Currie Cup.

I was ridiculed when I warned. A poster commented that Cardiff was also once a great team. In other words dismissing my warning.
Cheetahs (Orange Free State) has been the breeding ground of many great Bok players.
I'll make a prediction now. The Cheetahs will put at least 30 points on Ospreys next week.

It was my comment regarding history being meaningless and the comment stays.
It wasn't ridicule it was opinion based on fact.
History means little these days and Cardiff was a prime example

Don't you accept that?

Regarding Cheetahs support read my posts in this stream and the Ulster Cheetahs one too .. I think that I have benen consistently very positive about them and more than most ;)

PS BigRed ...do you remember your stream 'just a thought'?

I asked you if you had seen the Ulster Cheetahms match in reply to some of your comments on the likely performance of the Cheetahs and Kings?

You didnz't reply.

I did ask again andyou didn't reply.

I wont ask again but I used that as an example of the Cheetah's potentiial

The stream and the excerpt

viewtopic.php?f=31&t=74565&start=0

Tony Panties wrote:
BigRed wrote:
If the two Saffer teams are completely outclassed for the rest of this season, would SA not be wanting to send two of their top teams into the Pro 14 next year?
OK, still early days, the Saffer teams were unfortunate to draw two teams who finished near the top of the PRO 12 last year in their first match.
Interested to see how they fare against Dragons, Blues, and the Italian teams.

PS :

Tony Panties wrote:
BigRed wrote:
If the two Saffer teams are completely outclassed for the rest of this season, would SA not be wanting to send two of their top teams into the Pro 14 next year?
OK, still early days, the Saffer teams were unfortunate to draw two teams who finished near the top of the PRO 12 last year in their first match.

I don't think Cheetahs will be.
They faced Ulster at Ravenhill and did well.
They'll be difficult at home and on altitude.

Did you watch the Uls/Cheet match?

??

Fri Sep 22, 2017 10:10 pm
World XV Player

Tony Panties wrote:
Langland Exile wrote:
Great result for the League and possibly the Scarlets. :thumbup:

munster down 20/5 to Gla at the mo

They are both in the other conference? :scratch:

Fri Sep 22, 2017 11:03 pm
World XV Player

Abertawe Leinster wrote:
Langland Exile wrote:
Great result for the League and possibly the Scarlets. :thumbup:

I hear what you say, but the way Cheetahs played tonight, they'd cause Llanelli plenty of problems as well.

Sean

Yes, but that would still make it a good result for the league, surely?

Fri Sep 22, 2017 11:04 pm
World XV Player

Tony Panties wrote:
Tony Panties wrote:
BigRed wrote:
BigRed wrote:
Did I not warn about Cheetahs? They played two matches today and won them both. One in Pro 14 and one in the Currie Cup.

I was ridiculed when I warned. A poster commented that Cardiff was also once a great team. In other words dismissing my warning.
Cheetahs (Orange Free State) has been the breeding ground of many great Bok players.
I'll make a prediction now. The Cheetahs will put at least 30 points on Ospreys next week.

Don't you accept that?

Regarding Cheetahs support read my posts in this stream and the Ulster Cheetahs one too .. I think that I have benen consistently very positive about them and more than most ;)

I asked you if you had seen the Ulster Cheetahms match in reply to some of your comments on the likely performance of the Cheetahs and Kings?

You didnz't reply.

http://www.scumv.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f= ... 65&start=0

Tony Panties wrote:
BigRed wrote:

PS :

Tony Panties wrote:
BigRed wrote:

??

Bit early in the season for getting tits out? :P :D

Fri Sep 22, 2017 11:05 pm
World XV Player

Tony Panties wrote:
Tony Panties wrote:
BigRed wrote:
BigRed wrote:

Don't you accept that?

You didnz't reply.

viewtopic.php?f=31&t=74565&start=0

Tony Panties wrote:
BigRed wrote:

PS :

Tony Panties wrote:
BigRed wrote:

??

Point taken. After the first two games I couldn't understand how the Cheetahs looked so inept. I then subsequently realised that they are fielding two full team in two different competititions. There are not many sides capable of doing that.
I just wonder what is going to happen once the Currie Cup season ends. They will then only have to field one team, This will make them into a formidable opposition. I can see them having a say in the business end of the season.

Fri Sep 22, 2017 11:08 pm
Profile E-mail
Regional Player

Read that attendance was significantly down compared to Zebre. Anyone know what the figure was?

Fri Sep 22, 2017 11:22 pm
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

http://www.skysports.com/rugby-union/cheetahs-vs-leinster/84293

Video ... oh, oh ...

Sat Sep 23, 2017 7:11 am
World XV Player

duplicate, see below

Sat Sep 23, 2017 8:22 am
World XV Player

BigRed wrote:
[Point taken. After the first two games I couldn't understand how the Cheetahs looked so inept. I then subsequently realised that they are fielding two full team in two different competititions. There are not many sides capable of doing that.
I just wonder what is going to happen once the Currie Cup season ends. They will then only have to field one team, This will make them into a formidable opposition. I can see them having a say in the business end of the season.

No probs BR (not getting tits out ref LE ;) ),

The reason that I majored on the Ulster first game was that although they were well beaten they showed excellent attacking skills, fast, varied and multiple options. Ulster were surprised by it.

They were wanting in set pieces, defence (as indeed Scarlets found v Ulster ) and I suspect the difference in attitude at breakdown ...N/S Hemp.

I considered that the wants were treatable whilst the attacking skills were considerable.

Last night showed a big improvement in set piece and defence. Breakdown will take some time and they can't stand off early and expect quick ball as the S Hemp seems to execute.

The other factor is their loss of players and the double commitment to the Currie Cup.

Playing at home is a big advantage and they've shown it.

The other aspect I was keen on was to nurture their intro to N Hemp and promote SA presence.

To date it looks very positive in my opinion and if they continue with their excellent counter attacking, open spaces style they'll be a welcome team to spectate.

Best clear up the issue of history, ... These days I think history even recent history is an unreliable measure and Cardiff ...once one of the most respected teams if not the best have fallen significantly from their pedestal and was, I thought, a good example. Other examples exist too..

Having said all that the Kings seem to be significantly less promising.

A mixed night last night but Glasgow also showed considerable and exciting promise.

Mix in Benetton's improvement and the Pro14 is looking virile.

Pls God Cardiff can win tonight and Scarlets can continue their progress.

Sat Sep 23, 2017 8:22 am
World XV Player

Figaro wrote:
Read that attendance was significantly down compared to Zebre. Anyone know what the figure was?

Was certainly sparse.
Cheetahs played a Currie Cup game (v Pumas) almost in parallel to the Leinster game. Maybe it was televised?

They certainly have the catchment and capacity for big crowds as the 20k showed.

No crowd news yet but the official site shows attendances here

http://origin.pro12rugby.com/matchcentr ... s_list.php

The table here :

http://origin.pro12rugby.com/matchcentre/table.php

Sat Sep 23, 2017 8:30 am
Regional Player

6,800 vs Leinster which isn't too bad I suppose by PRO14 standards, but they used to get 15k routinely in Super Rugby so compared to that its very poor. Apparently the 20k match was actually about 13k.

Sat Sep 23, 2017 9:56 am
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

Figaro wrote:
6,800 vs Leinster which isn't too bad I suppose by PRO14 standards, but they used to get 15k routinely in Super Rugby so compared to that its very poor. Apparently the 20k match was actually about 13k.

Site reports 6980

Osps, Dragons, Cardiff all down to date and poor gates only Scarlets showing improvement, Italian teams the pits in this respect also Edin. Gla full house but only 7351 ...Kings little hope ref attendance.

Even Ulster dropped but it was the Dragons.

TV attraction and revenue the only salvation? ... but. crowd virility attracts sponsorship andi investment and commercial sales

Last nights Cheetah's game should be some incentive for bigger gates which they are capable of.?

The mixed format of the conferences and double up Currie Cup doesn't help.

I presume that theC Cup is on TV and must have taken some gate statsfrom the Cheetahs?

Leinster, Munster, Ulster save the average which is about 8k at the mo without the precise amount lincl last round andthisw/end.

Sat Sep 23, 2017 10:25 am