It is currently Fri Oct 20, 2017 12:45 am

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 118 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8
Henson (marmite) 
World XV Player

Post Re: Henson (marmite)
AverageBBCjournalist wrote:
dragons side out against Northampton even less experienced

Jackman ripping it up and running trial matches by the looks of it. Nice to see Harris captain. Will be Welsh qualified soon I think

Crazy to have played two games in two days.
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/rugby-union/40912631
Dragons routed 71-21 by Northampton as Kirchner makes debut

Sat Aug 12, 2017 6:42 pm
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

BigRed wrote:

Jackman ripping it up and running trial matches by the looks of it. Nice to see Harris captain. Will be Welsh qualified soon I think

Now let us see if they can put together one good side. :D

Sat Aug 12, 2017 6:43 pm
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

BigRed wrote:
BigRed wrote:

Now let us see if they can put together one good side. :D

That would be a better comeback than that of Lazarus ;)

Sat Aug 12, 2017 6:58 pm
World XV Player

I think Harris is getting on a bit. Hardly a catch for the future at 32 in comparison with the good youngsters we already have.
However, with a surname like Harris must have some Welsh connection in his genes. :D

Sat Aug 12, 2017 9:37 pm
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

BigRed wrote:

I think Harris is getting on a bit. Hardly a catch for the future at 32 in comparison with the good youngsters we already have.
However, with a surname like Harris must have some Welsh connection in his genes. :D

The younger players have a fair bit to do in my opinion. I don't see many options at TH past lee and Francis at the moment. Lewis has to become the first choice 3 at the blues

Sat Aug 12, 2017 9:45 pm
Profile E-mail
Club Player

Harris is Welsh qualified (residency) according to wikipedia. Can't see him getting selected though unless there's an injury crisis; Dillon Lewis is looking like the 3rd choice now and they might even want to give Leon Brown some time with the national team (given we're talking about 3rd/4th choice THs, they're just there to make up the numbers, so might as well be Brown as Harris who at very best isn't going to be sticking around long term).

Mon Aug 14, 2017 9:46 am
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

Figaro wrote:
Harris is Welsh qualified (residency) according to wikipedia. Can't see him getting selected though unless there's an injury crisis; Dillon Lewis is looking like the 3rd choice now and they might even want to give Leon Brown some time with the national team (given we're talking about 3rd/4th choice THs, they're just there to make up the numbers, so might as well be Brown as Harris who at very best isn't going to be sticking around long term).

Don't know much about the players you mention but third choice TH is only one injury from a game. In that if Lee or Francis get injured, the third choice will be on the bench and probably get brought on at the end of the match.

Mon Aug 14, 2017 10:42 am
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

Cymru am byth wrote:
Figaro wrote:

Don't know much about the players you mention but third choice TH is only one injury from a game. In that if Lee or Francis get injured, the third choice will be on the bench and probably get brought on at the end of the match.

Its nonsense talk, Leon Brown is a "work in progress" that hasn't progressed very far.

"Business!' cried the Ghost, wringing its hands again. "Mankind was my business; charity, mercy, forbearance, and benevolence, were, all, my business. The deals of my trade were but a drop of water in the comprehensive ocean of my business!”
“None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free.”
"The price of anything is the amount of life you exchange for

Mon Aug 14, 2017 1:21 pm
Profile E-mail
Club Player

Cymru am byth wrote:
Figaro wrote:

Yes, what I meant was that Lewis will be 3rd choice, and the 4th choice will only be there as squad fodder. In the event of further injuries they might well call up someone like Scott Andrews or Rhodri Jones who we all know aren't great, but would be considered a safer bet than throwing Leon Brown in.

It's like how in the PI tour Aaron Shingler didn't even make the squad at first, but then King was injured and he ended up starting both games - I think they didn't want to have to rely on someone like Ollie Griffiths for the whole tour. I guess what I'm trying to say is that squads are sometimes chosen based on giving players the experience of a tour and the opportunity to take a look at them - they're not necessarily the 32 best players available.

Tue Aug 15, 2017 9:00 am
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

Figaro wrote:
Cymru am byth wrote:
Figaro wrote:

Yes, what I meant was that Lewis will be 3rd choice, and the 4th choice will only be there as squad fodder. In the event of further injuries they might well call up someone like Scott Andrews or Rhodri Jones who we all know aren't great, but would be considered a safer bet than throwing Leon Brown in.

It's like how in the PI tour Aaron Shingler didn't even make the squad at first, but then King was injured and he ended up starting both games - I think they didn't want to have to rely on someone like Ollie Griffiths for the whole tour. I guess what I'm trying to say is that squads are sometimes chosen based on giving players the experience of a tour and the opportunity to take a look at them - they're not necessarily the 32 best players available.

Sure, good point. I think it is a similar thing w8th regards to Giles last year... people got worked up about him not getting picked. Yet, the management had put him in the squad and on the bench... it seems he was not first choice but a player they wanted to check out. It begs the question whether the regions are doing what they need to if players are chosen just to check out.

Tue Aug 15, 2017 7:10 pm
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

Cymru am byth wrote:
Figaro wrote:
Cymru am byth wrote:
Figaro wrote:

Sure, good point. I think it is a similar thing w8th regards to Giles last year... people got worked up about him not getting picked. Yet, the management had put him in the squad and on the bench... it seems he was not first choice but a player they wanted to check out. It begs the question whether the regions are doing what they need to if players are chosen just to check out.

You're never going to know though unless they are exposed to the international level. Makes sense to involve promising young players like Giles even if they don't play, so that they can get a taste of the set up and see where they need to be to become a regular international.

Mon Aug 21, 2017 2:44 pm
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

Cymru am byth wrote:
Figaro wrote:
Cymru am byth wrote:
Figaro wrote:

You're never going to know though unless they are exposed to the international level. Makes sense to involve promising young players like Giles even if they don't play, so that they can get a taste of the set up and see where they need to be to become a regular international.

Mon Aug 21, 2017 2:44 pm
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

Henson sporting a salt and pepper beard. Let us hope he now has a wiser head on his shoulders.
He has always had a wise rugby brain, but.... :D
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/rugby-union/41087561

Wed Aug 30, 2017 9:35 pm
Profile E-mail
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 118 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8