It is currently Mon May 21, 2018 1:26 pm

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 109 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 8  Next
No more BBC for me 
World XV Player

Post Re: No more BBC for me
I feal Fids that you and I will end up on the front line.

I promise not to let you down!

Sun May 06, 2018 6:03 pm
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

There they go, now I must follow, for I am their leader :D

Sun May 06, 2018 6:30 pm
Youth Player

I hate the BBC, I never paid the licence fee for years, living in a council tower block it was impossible for them to catch me. Since I moved to a house its harder to get away with it, anyone standing on the pavement outside our house can see the tv screen through the net curtain as the daylight fades, its not always possible to close the curtains at the right time to prevent the tv being seen.
I started getting a black and white licence, much cheaper, then they started turning up at the door asking to see the tv to prove that it was black and white. Ended up having to pay the fee.

These people going around checking on tv licences are very slippery people, I had a friend who answered his door to a guy who said he'd come to read the electric meter, once inside he declared himself to be a tv licence inspector, my mate quite rightly bundled him out the door. People should come together and have some sort of organised non payment, be very difficult for them if everyone did it on mass.

Sun May 06, 2018 7:29 pm
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

The Abominable Dr. Phibes wrote:
I hate the BBC, I never paid the licence fee for years, living in a council tower block it was impossible for them to catch me. Since I moved to a house its harder to get away with it, anyone standing on the pavement outside our house can see the tv screen through the net curtain as the daylight fades, its not always possible to close the curtains at the right time to prevent the tv being seen.
I started getting a black and white licence, much cheaper, then they started turning up at the door asking to see the tv to prove that it was black and white. Ended up having to pay the fee.

These people going around checking on tv licences are very slippery people, I had a friend who answered his door to a guy who said he'd come to read the electric meter, once inside he declared himself to be a tv licence inspector, my mate quite rightly bundled him out the door. People should come together and have some sort of organised non payment, be very difficult for them if everyone did it on mass.

Presumably you are happy enough to pay for your internet provider or phone company?

Sun May 06, 2018 8:22 pm
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

He doesn't pay the BBC because he's a freeloader.

6 months in jail when he's caught - hopefully.

Mon May 07, 2018 10:30 am
World XV Player

Bouch wrote:
He doesn't pay the BBC because he's a freeloader.

6 months in jail when he's caught - hopefully.

What are you talking about?

You would put a person in prison for lack of a piece of paper.

I hope you don't get short of toilet paper in today's towns.

Mon May 07, 2018 10:54 am
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

Cymru am byth wrote:

Presumably you are happy enough to pay for your internet provider or phone company?

He as a clear choice, he can decide if he wants a internet connection and what internet company he wants. If he wants to use his TV, he as very little choice other than to buy a TV license. Thats the point.

"Business!' cried the Ghost, wringing its hands again. "Mankind was my business; charity, mercy, forbearance, and benevolence, were, all, my business. The deals of my trade were but a drop of water in the comprehensive ocean of my business!”
“None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free.”
"The price of anything is the amount of life you exchange for

Mon May 07, 2018 9:28 pm
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

Anyway, being without the BBC is unthinkable.

Look at the snooker final over the last two days ….

:cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers:

Mon May 07, 2018 10:29 pm
World XV Player

It has been live on Eurosport.

Mon May 07, 2018 10:46 pm
Youth Player

Cymru am byth wrote:

I use the phone and internet regularly, so I feel I'm getting my moneys worth, I don't watch BBC, they have nothing worth watching on there, they should have adverts like every other tv channel and stop extorting money out of everyone for the shite service they provide.

Tue May 08, 2018 1:41 am
Profile E-mail
thread ruining clique

I just made my official declaration that I don't need a licence. They're saying they'll visit to confirm, so I've pulled out all the aerial cables, just in case. Only time terrestrial TV has been on lately is for the few seconds between turning on the telly and switching over to the net.

Tue May 08, 2018 7:48 am
World XV Player

spinbreath wrote:
I just made my official declaration that I don't need a licence. They're saying they'll visit to confirm, so I've pulled out all the aerial cables, just in case. Only time terrestrial TV has been on lately is for the few seconds between turning on the telly and switching over to the net.

No agenda here, but i'm pretty sure you still need a licence?

Tue May 08, 2018 10:48 am
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

Cymru am byth wrote:

I use the phone and internet regularly, so I feel I'm getting my moneys worth, I don't watch BBC, they have nothing worth watching on there, they should have adverts like every other tv channel and stop extorting money out of everyone for the shite service they provide.

Adverts make you pay for tv just to use the product ,there is no easy option other than PLC
Oh and by the way the detector vans do work on tv's using an Ariel, but they only really check on addresses without licences, I used a b&w licence cor many years as well.

Tue May 08, 2018 12:21 pm
Profile E-mail
International Player

I've always understood that the TV Licence was a permit to receive a broadcast signal from whatever source.

The fact that it may be used to fund the BBC is a bit of a red herring when we get wound up about the quality or otherwise of the Beeb.

Tue May 08, 2018 5:20 pm
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

x_ile wrote:
I've always understood that the TV Licence was a permit to receive a broadcast signal from whatever source.

The fact that it may be used to fund the BBC is a bit of a red herring when we get wound up about the quality or otherwise of the Beeb.

I think you are right.

Tue May 08, 2018 7:30 pm
Profile E-mail
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 109 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 8  Next