It is currently Mon May 21, 2018 1:44 pm

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 109 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
No more BBC for me 
World XV Player

Post Re: No more BBC for me
Proof that the BBC is the best TV channel .....they swept the board at he BAFTA awards last night.

Nobody can dispute that .....!!

PS the smilies lack a tongue-in-cheek option :D

Mon May 14, 2018 10:10 am
World XV Player

Tony Panties wrote:
Proof that the BBC is the best TV channel .....they swept the board at he BAFTA awards last night.

Nobody can dispute that .....!!

PS the smilies lack a tongue-in-cheek option :D

Brain Absent F'kin Total Arse awards!

Mon May 14, 2018 8:10 pm
Profile E-mail
Site Admin

The left think the BBC show bias to the right, the right think the BBC show bias to the left. :D

Fri May 18, 2018 12:23 am
Profile ICQ WWW
World XV Player

Andrew (Scum V) wrote:
The left think the BBC show bias to the right, the right think the BBC show bias to the left. :D

The BBC are biased, it doesn't matter who is on.

It is impossible for them to show balanced programmes and they have admitted as much to me.

One lady on their staff tried to tell me that a Guardian reporter (Michael wotsischops) and 3 Labour MPs was a balanced forum.

:twisted:

Fri May 18, 2018 5:14 am
World XV Player

Bouch wrote:
Andrew (Scum V) wrote:

It is impossible for them to show balanced programmes and they have admitted as much to me.

One lady on their staff tried to tell me that a Guardian reporter (Michael wotsischops) and 3 Labour MPs was a balanced forum.

All depends what context the 3 Lab MP's and jouno were on for. If they were talking about corbyn then it's fair enough, if the were talking about brexit and had some were leavers and some were remainers then fair enough
My argument is that SOME of the political correspondents are biased. Nick Robinson, Laura Kunsberg and John Pinnear being the worst offenders

Fri May 18, 2018 2:16 pm
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Laura_Kue ... llegations

https://www.standard.co.uk/news/uk/bbcs ... 19281.html

Fri May 18, 2018 2:24 pm
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

Big And Dull wrote:
Bouch wrote:
Andrew (Scum V) wrote:

All depends what context the 3 Lab MP's and jouno were on for. If they were talking about corbyn then it's fair enough, if the were talking about brexit and had some were leavers and some were remainers then fair enough
My argument is that SOME of the political correspondents are biased. Nick Robinson, Laura Kunsberg and John Pinnear being the worst offenders[/quote]

Imo

Nick Robinson poor soul is long term suffering from lung cancer and doesn't appear regularly at the mo, I liked his reports and thought they were/are objective and well described. His political editor deputy Norman Smith (Oundle, St Peters Oxford) is a bumpkin imo ;)

I like Kunsberg and wouldn't call her anybody's ally??

Pinnear is but a lowly stand-in on big occasions.

Just different opinions ... but worth voicing.

Fri May 18, 2018 3:22 pm
World XV Player

Kunsberg got right up my nose once with her St Trinian joviality and excitement.

A bit like Jeremy Bowen when Comical Ali came on the roof in Baghdad and Jeremy effused.

I guess each of us makes at least one mistake in life.

Fri May 18, 2018 4:42 pm
Profile E-mail
International Player

Tony Panties wrote:

Imo

Nick Robinson poor soul is long term suffering from lung cancer and doesn't appear regularly at the mo, I liked his reports and thought they were/are objective and well described. His political editor deputy Norman Smith (Oundle, St Peters Oxford) is a bumpkin imo ;)

Nick Robinson is/was hardly objective.
In the general election that ousted Labour he was livid and showed it when the possibility of a coalition of parties might be formed that would keep the Tories (biggest single party)out of government.
He was also one of the overt running dogs for the BBC's No campaign in the Scottish independence referendum.

Fri May 18, 2018 7:32 pm
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

Christ, the lot of you. Sure there are some bias opinions on the BBC, but try travelling abroad to see what the alternative is. Consider Fox over BBC.

Sat May 19, 2018 2:18 pm
Profile E-mail
Youth Player

Cymru am byth wrote:
Christ, the lot of you. Sure there are some bias opinions on the BBC, but try travelling abroad to see what the alternative is. Consider Fox over BBC.

Do you work for the BBC? you've done nothing but stick up for them through this whole thread. How's the detector van doing these days, are you allowed to take it home with you?

Sat May 19, 2018 3:19 pm
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

The Abominable Dr. Phibes wrote:
Cymru am byth wrote:

Do you work for the BBC? you've done nothing but stick up for them through this whole thread. How's the detector van doing these days, are you allowed to take it home with you?

that is an abomination of a post.

talk sense or change your name.

Sat May 19, 2018 4:03 pm
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

The Abominable Dr. Phibes wrote:
Cymru am byth wrote:

I am sticking up for them because I believe it is an institution that many seem to be unjustifiably criticising.

It is not without fault but if all you want is celebrity news and constant platitudes for politicians, then get rid of the BBC.

Nothing I have said is unjustified. Please counter anything I've said with reasonable discussion.

Plus anyone who works in a detector van would surely prefer people not to be payong their licences? They'd be out of a job otherwise. ;)

Sat May 19, 2018 4:28 pm
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

Thieves trying to justify their lack of payment, CAB.

Freeloaders all.

Sun May 20, 2018 4:53 am
World XV Player

The BBC is beholden to its shareholders, The British People ,,, Sky is beholden to Murdoch.

It really shouldn't be too difficult to make a sensible choice?

Sun May 20, 2018 12:04 pm
Profile E-mail
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 109 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next