It is currently Sat Jun 23, 2018 3:21 pm

Tech stuff 
World XV Player

Post Tech stuff
Can anyone tell me how to or if it’s possibl to copy and paste Twitter videos on to here, just watched a lovely try by Dai Richard Swansea v Crosskeys 1982 but I don’t have a clue how to share it on here , iPad and iPhone is all I use, thanks in advance

Fri Mar 02, 2018 7:51 pm
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

Post Re: Tech stuff
Youtube only, unless the admins pull their finger out and provide the twitter video functionality.

Fri Mar 02, 2018 8:04 pm
World XV Player

just copy the tweet link top right corner drop down menu, a little down pointing arrow

Sat Mar 03, 2018 6:20 pm
World XV Player

Tried that only options were to add to moment, block unfollow or report, shame cos when I went back to look , it was next to the Nigel Walker try for Cardiff v Ponty

Sun Mar 04, 2018 12:44 pm
Profile E-mail
thread ruining clique

Bit convoluted, but it works;

Open the Tweet.
Tap the drop down arrow.
Tap 'Open in Safari'
Tap the address bar at the top.
Hold your finger on the address bar.
Select 'Select all', then 'Copy'.
This will give you a URL for the Tweet, which you can paste onto the board.

Sun Mar 04, 2018 12:57 pm
World XV Player

On similar subject ... anybody know how to 'legally' "cough" ... create a dvd from a you tube?

Sun Mar 04, 2018 1:12 pm
thread ruining clique

There are several websites that let you download a Youtube video. You then have to find all the appropriate conversion software to turn it into a format your DVD burner will work off. It's doable, but takes a bit of jiggling and research.

Sun Mar 04, 2018 1:16 pm
World XV Player

spinbreath wrote:
There are several websites that let you download a Youtube video. You then have to find all the appropriate conversion software to turn it into a format your DVD burner will work off. It's doable, but takes a bit of jiggling and research.

Be warned though a lot of the websites that say they can do his would be foolish to allow on your computer.

Sun Mar 04, 2018 1:26 pm
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

jimcardiff wrote:
spinbreath wrote:

Be warned though a lot of the websites that say they can do his would be foolish to allow on your computer.

Thks the 2 of you ..

I have experience of it and I did buy an expensive apparently all dancing software that promoted all levels of burning etc .. Nero Software.

The initial part of creating the format to allow burning and translation is the difficult step.

My grandson managed to create (opera for the wife) initial format from which I was able to create a dvd. I then tried to use the software he used and very nearly got fingers burned as Jim mentioned!! :angry4:

Hence this request .... :scratch:

Sun Mar 04, 2018 1:50 pm
thread ruining clique

It's been a while since I used it, but there's such a thing as a 'codec pack', which gives you every single plug in to use with every format of video and audio file imaginable.

Sun Mar 04, 2018 2:20 pm
World XV Player

spinbreath wrote:
It's been a while since I used it, but there's such a thing as a 'codec pack', which gives you every single plug in to use with every format of video and audio file imaginable.

Thks Spin .. just looked it up

http://www.mediaplayercodecpack.com/

Like a lot of the more complex tooled software, Windows 10 seems to present problems ...It seems to me that it could've been pre Windows 8?

here :

http://www.mediaplayercodecpack.com/gui ... ociations/

I'll back off for the time being

Thks for yr help appreciated

Sun Mar 04, 2018 2:36 pm
World XV Player

If you use Opera there is a 'plug in' to download the file you are watching, then just burn it from your directory.

There are a few that wil not let you, usually pop vids.

I use opera as my browser anyway so it is easy for me.

https://addons.opera.com/en-gb/extensions/details/youtube-downloader-2/

Sun Mar 04, 2018 4:49 pm
Profile E-mail
thread ruining clique

Ah. This ^ does seem a much easier way of doing it. Bear in mind, I'm running about five years behind modern technology. :D

Sun Mar 04, 2018 5:18 pm
World XV Player

Don't know what you wanted to "save" to DVD , I looked into this a year or so ago, wanted some audio books for some long drives with the Mrs , (don't like each other's music) was advised about the software so I bought what I wanted , I've Lord of the rings was about £2.00 .

Sun Mar 04, 2018 6:39 pm
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

For making a DVD, the easiest way is; Install FVD (Flash Video Downloader) http://www.fvdmedia.com/ Is the site? It will download the YouTube video to your Hard Drive and, you have a choice of formats to save in, in general terms, go for the largest file, it will be better quality in the finished disk (.AVI, .MP4, .MKV etc. etc.) Then, open-up Nero (And, by the way, there are much easier, smaller, and also FREE burning software, look at https://www.nchsoftware.com/ for anything for Audio/Video production and all free?)
Anyway, when Nero asks you for the input file, go to your 'Downloads' folder, click-on the video you want to burn, then simply follow Nero's instructions!!
Nero nowadays, whilst it's good, is a complete 'suite' and, IMO, is more 'Bloatware' than anything else, I'd use a free NCH program every time? Their 'Video Burning' software is quite small, and can also be run in a portable format (From a USB Memory stick or the like?)

Bit of tough luck for you then, old chap. I really don't give a toss about your perceived sensibilities!!

Mon Mar 05, 2018 8:36 pm