It is currently Mon Jun 18, 2018 8:32 pm

Books! 
World XV Player

Post Re: Books!
I'll check out the John Boyne. he's not an author I've come across before. My top ten is pretty vague in all honesty and changes from year to year. There's so much undiscovered out there and that's a thrill. It's just getting the knowledge of it that's the tricky part. I get an email from Goodreads recommended by a friend who is an author, chick lit! But it's pretty rubbish. She based a character in her first book on me, hardly flattering though, he's a funny innocent incompetent serial womaniser! We're still best friends though. I also read the critics in the grown up papers but that's hit and miss. I liked your summary of 'The Buried Giant'. you articulated it far better than I could have. What puzzled me was the ending, the boat, the ferryman, where he was left alone on the shore. Was it not his time? I thought that must have been it but still unsure. Very sad. I'll drop you a PM and an email. Kisses

'I am Stepney, I am Peru, I am divine and so are you.' ( John Wardell, aka Jah Wobble from his album 'Take me to God' who when introduced to John Lydon in a pub was so utterly pissed that he couldn't even pronounce his own name: thus 'Jah Wobble'.)

Wed Apr 18, 2018 7:18 pm
World XV Player

Recently I have just read Patrick O'brian's series, starting with Master and Commander.

If you like comedy, Aberystwyth Mon Amour by Malcolm Pryce is good, as are all of the books in the series. Surreal, Dick Tracey crossed with a bit of League of Gentlemen.

On a Welsh theme, Bruce Chatwin's On the Black Hill is good. As are his travel books.

Wed Apr 25, 2018 9:30 pm
Profile E-mail
International Player

used to read a lot not so much now, Stephen king, Tolkien (the silmarillion was a hard read) and my favourite David Gemmell.

Tue May 08, 2018 1:52 pm
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

I was reading John and Jane yesterday. She has a tea pot and he has a tank. Their Mummy seemed quite stupid but my Mam told me to shut up. I like books, they are full of pretty colours, there are lots of words though.

Tue May 08, 2018 2:34 pm
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

LLanrumneyOik wrote:
I was reading John and Jane yesterday. She has a tea pot and he has a tank. Their Mummy seemed quite stupid but my Mam told me to shut up. I like books, they are full of pretty colours, there are lots of words though.

Did you mean Janet and John?

How I miss Wogan ;)

I have accused Trampie in the past of using this series in his logic concerning Plaid and 'Right Wing' parties ;)

Only joking Tramps! Honest!

Tue May 08, 2018 4:00 pm