It is currently Fri Apr 20, 2018 1:19 pm

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 53 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Snow 
World XV Player

Post Re: Snow
I spent the morning in my bunker communicating remotely, luckily I had two border collies, one either side to keep me warm, mission accomplished.

Think I'll light a fire and celebrate cos my bones are chilled through.

Thu Mar 01, 2018 2:44 pm
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

Snow still everywhere and minus 7 in the wind outside. No one about. Heating on and fire lit, a warming homemade Leek and potato soup for lunch. Lincolnshire seems to have had a pretty bad time of it.

'I am Stepney, I am Peru, I am divine and so are you.' ( John Wardell, aka Jah Wobble from his album 'Take me to God' who when introduced to John Lydon in a pub was so utterly pissed that he couldn't even pronounce his own name: thus 'Jah Wobble'.)

Fri Mar 02, 2018 11:09 am
World XV Player

had about 18 inches here, roads really bad but ladies in small cars still trying to get to Tesco and failing

Looking at weather app we could be i for a rapid thaw, mild and raining on Sunday/Monday

Fri Mar 02, 2018 3:57 pm
thread ruining clique

Drifts about two foot deep up here. Side roads (and some main roads) still unpassable. Going to come in heavy again this afternoon, then melt overnight, according to Derek.

Fri Mar 02, 2018 4:01 pm
World XV Player

Bloody hell. You and Fids have had it three times as bad here. Must be brilliant.

'I am Stepney, I am Peru, I am divine and so are you.' ( John Wardell, aka Jah Wobble from his album 'Take me to God' who when introduced to John Lydon in a pub was so utterly pissed that he couldn't even pronounce his own name: thus 'Jah Wobble'.)

Fri Mar 02, 2018 4:08 pm
thread ruining clique

Apparently, Swansea was in some little window that missed everything, and barely got half an inch, which instantly melted.

Fri Mar 02, 2018 4:28 pm
World XV Player

Read it was -20 in Swansea , then saw it was they’re goal diff

Fri Mar 02, 2018 4:50 pm
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

jimcardiff wrote:
Read it was -20 in Swansea , then saw it was they’re goal diff

Haha

Fri Mar 02, 2018 5:11 pm
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

My Sister-in-law and her husband mentioned on Wales Online, ferrying nurses to the Heath from Caerphilly area, they have a Honda CRV and they think it's a snowmobile, but fair play for their efforts.

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/news/wale ... e-14358135

Code:
Another couple, Catherine Cumpston and her husband Lee, from Caerphilly also offered lifts to nurses and medical staff travelling to and from the University Hospital of Wales, Cardiff.

"It’s no big deal really, we have a 4x4 and a friend asked for help for a local nurse who needed to get to the Heath to relive[sic] other nurses who had been working all night.

"So, we offered to help and asked if anyone needs help getting back - we all need to do our bit!

"My mum has been very ill lately and I hate the thought of others not being able to be seen at hospital due to lack of staff. The medical staff need medals never mind us."

Fri Mar 02, 2018 8:08 pm
World XV Player

spinbreath wrote:
Apparently, Swansea was in some little window that missed everything, and barely got half an inch, which instantly melted.

No snow at all with us just outside Swansea. All schools closed mind. Not sure why?

Fri Mar 02, 2018 8:37 pm
thread ruining clique

You can have some of mine, if you want. I could ski down my drive.

Fri Mar 02, 2018 8:47 pm
World XV Player

I had to pick my Mrs up from hospital this morning , waited till a plow went down the main rd then got on to the route that the ambulances use and all was ok.

Fri Mar 02, 2018 9:17 pm
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

All well, buddy? She's good?

My garden had 12" of snow on it this morning with 20" later on after the ferocious wind earlier this afternoon.

The Redwings have arrived.

Fri Mar 02, 2018 9:41 pm
World XV Player

Hopefully.
About 10” out back 4 in the front , back is about 16’ higher than the front perhaps that was enough

Fri Mar 02, 2018 9:47 pm
Profile E-mail
International Player

Looting in South Dublin. Usual scum broke into a Lidl, ransacked it then returned with a digger to tear the place down before starting a fire. Army on the way, hopefully they have live ammo and liquidate the area, it would help the Irish gene pool.

Fri Mar 02, 2018 10:09 pm
Profile E-mail
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 53 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next