It is currently Fri Apr 20, 2018 1:15 pm

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 53 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Snow 
World XV Player

Post Re: Snow
It's fekin hilarious.

You think this Beast from the East is bad, wait 'til Putin gets his frosty claws in the post brexit Britain.

Wed Feb 28, 2018 1:31 am
International Player

soap wrote:

Much of it is bone by ,bots, programs that look what people are looking at and talking about and give them score.

Once the score reaches a target it becomes an item and is sometimes written automatically too.

What winds me up is News24. News my arse, its a woman reading out peoples email opinions.

I didn't realize it had sunk to the level of bots.
Weather, celebrities, stories about TV, royalty are always on the news - it makes more sense now. the sh1tforbrains types are dictating what news stories I get to watch.

Wed Feb 28, 2018 10:50 am
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

Despite my cynicism about the media's reporting of the weather there's is actually, really, not making this up, an impressive 6" of snow out my back and it's still coming down. I woke to the sound of mum and kids next door whooping it up this morning because the schools are all shut and out on a walk just now I spotted a solitary snowplough moving the wrong way, downhill ever so slowly on the A46 trying to open it. It all looks looks a bit futile.

'I am Stepney, I am Peru, I am divine and so are you.' ( John Wardell, aka Jah Wobble from his album 'Take me to God' who when introduced to John Lydon in a pub was so utterly pissed that he couldn't even pronounce his own name: thus 'Jah Wobble'.)

Wed Feb 28, 2018 11:54 am
World XV Player

Let's spare a thought for farmers (lambing etc), homeless and the deprived.

Tough enough without this ;)

Wed Feb 28, 2018 12:50 pm
thread ruining clique

Snowing like hell here, but hasn’t settled so far. The wind is getting up. Talk of minus ten tonight.

Wed Feb 28, 2018 3:35 pm
World XV Player

Schools here are closing just on a forecast of snow

Wed Feb 28, 2018 3:49 pm
Profile E-mail
Youth Player

All Hitler had to do was wait until winter, hope we got a couple of inches of snow, and his troops could have walked in unopposed. Lucky for us he didn't think of that.

Wed Feb 28, 2018 3:51 pm
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

D Day tomorrow for a major project and the odds of the whole team making it through the blizzard is minimal ... Napoleon and Hitler couldn't have planned it better.

Wed Feb 28, 2018 7:02 pm
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

jimcardiff wrote:

Yeh, Schools closed to keep the kids warm, and so they can go out and lay in the snow making angels. :scratch:

:D

Thu Mar 01, 2018 12:07 am
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

soap wrote:
jimcardiff wrote:

Yeh, Schools closed to keep the kids warm, and so they can go out and lay in the snow making angels. :scratch:

The Mrs works in education. She's responsible for 85 schools in North Lincs. She tells me that the teachers can't get in and that's why schools shut. Now if I was a teacher and there's a bit of snow....I should have been a teacher.

'I am Stepney, I am Peru, I am divine and so are you.' ( John Wardell, aka Jah Wobble from his album 'Take me to God' who when introduced to John Lydon in a pub was so utterly pissed that he couldn't even pronounce his own name: thus 'Jah Wobble'.)

Thu Mar 01, 2018 12:13 am
World XV Player

simondavis wrote:
soap wrote:
jimcardiff wrote:

The Mrs works in education. She's responsible for 85 schools in North Lincs. She tells me that the teachers can't get in and that's why schools shut. Now if I was a teacher and there's a bit of snow....I should have been a teacher.

I could be a teacher if they took the bloody kids away.

Thu Mar 01, 2018 12:16 am
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

soap wrote:
simondavis wrote:
soap wrote:
jimcardiff wrote:

I could be a teacher if they took the bloody kids away.

Now there's a nail hit very firmly on the head. :D My bother interviewed three times for a teacher, they told him he was completely unsuitable so now he takes his frustration out by coaching Norwich Union (Aviva) at rugby.

Thu Mar 01, 2018 12:29 am
World XV Player

Glasgow is very still and a RED warning has been reissued.

Glasgow is in Scotland and quite a long way North and 1,000 vehicles were stopped by 6 inches of snow overnight.

11 hours for 2 ladies in a car to speak to the BBC ...

I have 1" of snow on my garden and it's be a foot deep by 2 pm.

Perhaps.

Thu Mar 01, 2018 9:51 am
World XV Player

We're in the red now

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-43228912

Thu Mar 01, 2018 10:58 am
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

We have 15cm forecast tonight, to prep for it I'll top up the petrol in my snow blower.........

Thu Mar 01, 2018 2:25 pm
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 53 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next