It is currently Mon Jun 18, 2018 3:16 am




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 81 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Im beginning to dislike Women ? 
Author Message
World XV Player
User avatar

Joined: Fri Dec 05, 2008 12:39 am
Posts: 11954
Location: Neath Valley
Post Im beginning to dislike Women ?
I'm getting pissed off listening to "well-off" women talking about discrimination and talking about sexualized inappropriate behaviour. Yes something needs to be done and yes its wrong, but even the grey areas have become black, people are talking about signing a contract before having sex! Would suggesting the need for a contract itself be inappropriate as it would make a woman uncomfortable. It appears that the main women complaining about their lot are doing rather well......very highly paid capitalist women are not as highly paid as very highly paid men, well tough shit there's poverty all around us, old people in agony waiting for knees and hips they want "the market" to decide everything except women's wages. Its just that there is some much injustice and corruption in this country the bad beat that women occasionally get is low on my list of priorities. We sell arms to the Saudis who use them to bomb civilians in Yemen into mass starvation and cholera, hardly makes the news, however, a hand placed on a knee in parliament is headline news.

I don't think a man is better than a woman, indeed i spend half my life ingratiating myself to me wife merely for her to talk to me in a civil manner. I enjoy women's sport, i have worked with women and they are just as likely to be fantastic at their jobs as men. I respect women and have no issue in working under a woman (in any sense).

You never see an attractive young man married to a rich unattractive older woman :scratch:

_________________
"Business!' cried the Ghost, wringing its hands again. "Mankind was my business; charity, mercy, forbearance, and benevolence, were, all, my business. The deals of my trade were but a drop of water in the comprehensive ocean of my business!”
“None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free.”
"The price of anything is the amount of life you exchange for


Thu Feb 08, 2018 11:41 am
Profile E-mail
Site Admin
User avatar

Joined: Tue Apr 27, 2004 4:28 pm
Posts: 57631
Location: Sunny Resolven
Post Re: Im beginning to dislike Women ?
The latest one is Tesco & Asda being taken to court for sex discrimination, as they pay the distribution center staff more than the shop floor staff.

The claim is that more men work in the dist center, while more women work on the shp floor.

Women working at the DC get the same as men working there, and men on the shop floor get the same as the women working THERE.

their argument about discrimination is that apparently more women work on the shop floor, so they are pauid less.

FFS it's a different job

_________________
OSPREYS REGIONAL RUGBY - The One true region - SOUTH West is best Boys Butti Innit

Internet Marketing Consultancy - SEO Agony Uncle


Thu Feb 08, 2018 1:21 pm
Profile E-mail
International Player

Joined: Wed Dec 11, 2013 4:24 pm
Posts: 1237
Post Re: Im beginning to dislike Women ?
Chris ScumV wrote:
The latest one is Tesco & Asda being taken to court for sex discrimination, as they pay the distribution center staff more than the shop floor staff.

The claim is that more men work in the dist center, while more women work on the shp floor.

Women working at the DC get the same as men working there, and men on the shop floor get the same as the women working THERE.

their argument about discrimination is that apparently more women work on the shop floor, so they are pauid less.

FFS it's a different job

I don't think that the argument is that they are the same jobs but that they are equivalent jobs .
Equivalent in that both require skill sets that have to be learnt and executed to a standard.
Equivalent in that both require staff of similar intellectual and conceptual abilities.
Equivalent in that both require staff to have the same commitment to the company.
Equivalent in that both require staff to be responsible for their actions.
Equivalent in that both jobs are essential if the company is to function.

Staff in store need to and use greater "people skills" whereas those in the warehouse move heavier boxes.
It looks like Tesco and Asda rate heavy box moving skills more highly, hence the pay gap.


Fri Feb 09, 2018 11:58 am
Profile E-mail
World XV Player
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 03, 2012 9:42 am
Posts: 5003
Post Re: Im beginning to dislike Women ?
eog wrote:
Chris ScumV wrote:
The latest one is Tesco & Asda being taken to court for sex discrimination, as they pay the distribution center staff more than the shop floor staff.

The claim is that more men work in the dist center, while more women work on the shp floor.

Women working at the DC get the same as men working there, and men on the shop floor get the same as the women working THERE.

their argument about discrimination is that apparently more women work on the shop floor, so they are pauid less.

FFS it's a different job

I don't think that the argument is that they are the same jobs but that they are equivalent jobs .
Equivalent in that both require skill sets that have to be learnt and executed to a standard.
Equivalent in that both require staff of similar intellectual and conceptual abilities.
Equivalent in that both require staff to have the same commitment to the company.
Equivalent in that both require staff to be responsible for their actions.
Equivalent in that both jobs are essential if the company is to function.

Staff in store need to and use greater "people skills" whereas those in the warehouse move heavier boxes.
It looks like Tesco and Asda rate heavy box moving skills more highly, hence the pay gap.



Same as with a drain cleaner and brain surgeon then?

_________________
.
Live for ever or die trying


Fri Feb 09, 2018 6:22 pm
Profile E-mail
International Player

Joined: Wed Dec 11, 2013 4:24 pm
Posts: 1237
Post Re: Im beginning to dislike Women ?
soap wrote:
eog wrote:
I don't think that the argument is that they are the same jobs but that they are equivalent jobs .
Equivalent in that both require skill sets that have to be learnt and executed to a standard.
Equivalent in that both require staff of similar intellectual and conceptual abilities.
Equivalent in that both require staff to have the same commitment to the company.
Equivalent in that both require staff to be responsible for their actions.
Equivalent in that both jobs are essential if the company is to function.

Staff in store need to and use greater "people skills" whereas those in the warehouse move heavier boxes.
It looks like Tesco and Asda rate heavy box moving skills more highly, hence the pay gap.



Same as with a drain cleaner and brain surgeon then?


Yes exactly the same provided that the drain cleaner is only required to deal with simple uncomplicated drainage layouts and the brain surgeon is only required to operate on your cerebral cortex. ;)

I've put the sentence you need to concentrate on in bold type.


Fri Feb 09, 2018 7:41 pm
Profile E-mail
World XV Player
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 03, 2012 9:42 am
Posts: 5003
Post Re: Im beginning to dislike Women ?
eog wrote:
soap wrote:
eog wrote:
I don't think that the argument is that they are the same jobs but that they are equivalent jobs .
Equivalent in that both require skill sets that have to be learnt and executed to a standard.
Equivalent in that both require staff of similar intellectual and conceptual abilities.
Equivalent in that both require staff to have the same commitment to the company.
Equivalent in that both require staff to be responsible for their actions.
Equivalent in that both jobs are essential if the company is to function.

Staff in store need to and use greater "people skills" whereas those in the warehouse move heavier boxes.
It looks like Tesco and Asda rate heavy box moving skills more highly, hence the pay gap.



Same as with a drain cleaner and brain surgeon then?


Yes exactly the same provided that the drain cleaner is only required to deal with simple uncomplicated drainage layouts and the brain surgeon is only required to operate on your cerebral cortex. ;)

I've put the sentence you need to concentrate on in bold type.


There is probably more to this than we know, there usually is in cases like this.

For instance, a company I used to visit always told me that the women doing the same job as them were earning 20% more for the same job. IT was correct and I was shown the recruitment adds including the rate.


The truth of it was that there were 7 men working in Rhondda and 12 women working in South London. The jobs were as you say identical but one had been adjusted.

_________________
.
Live for ever or die trying


Fri Feb 09, 2018 8:58 pm
Profile E-mail
World XV Player
User avatar

Joined: Fri Dec 05, 2008 12:39 am
Posts: 11954
Location: Neath Valley
Post Re: Im beginning to dislike Women ?
soap wrote:
eog wrote:
soap wrote:
eog wrote:
I don't think that the argument is that they are the same jobs but that they are equivalent jobs .
Equivalent in that both require skill sets that have to be learnt and executed to a standard.
Equivalent in that both require staff of similar intellectual and conceptual abilities.
Equivalent in that both require staff to have the same commitment to the company.
Equivalent in that both require staff to be responsible for their actions.
Equivalent in that both jobs are essential if the company is to function.

Staff in store need to and use greater "people skills" whereas those in the warehouse move heavier boxes.
It looks like Tesco and Asda rate heavy box moving skills more highly, hence the pay gap.



Same as with a drain cleaner and brain surgeon then?


Yes exactly the same provided that the drain cleaner is only required to deal with simple uncomplicated drainage layouts and the brain surgeon is only required to operate on your cerebral cortex. ;)

I've put the sentence you need to concentrate on in bold type.


There is probably more to this than we know, there usually is in cases like this.

For instance, a company I used to visit always told me that the women doing the same job as them were earning 20% more for the same job. IT was correct and I was shown the recruitment adds including the rate.


The truth of it was that there were 7 men working in Rhondda and 12 women working in South London. The jobs were as you say identical but one had been adjusted.



Which is kind of my point! they were all people, but was the adjustment due to them being Women or being from London and the numerous difficulties that present?

_________________
"Business!' cried the Ghost, wringing its hands again. "Mankind was my business; charity, mercy, forbearance, and benevolence, were, all, my business. The deals of my trade were but a drop of water in the comprehensive ocean of my business!”
“None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free.”
"The price of anything is the amount of life you exchange for


Sat Feb 10, 2018 12:17 am
Profile E-mail
World XV Player
User avatar

Joined: Mon Sep 05, 2011 12:53 pm
Posts: 6413
Post Re: Im beginning to dislike Women ?
I like Women always have, just never learnt how to talk to them. They are pretty and brighten up the place some. If there is a man in the seat I ignore it .. if it is a woman I think yes or no, it's sorta instinct. I'll talk to a bloke if I have to, but I wouldn't dare talk to a woman in work these days.


Sat Feb 10, 2018 1:14 am
Profile E-mail
International Player

Joined: Wed Dec 11, 2013 4:24 pm
Posts: 1237
Post Re: Im beginning to dislike Women ?
Blindside wrote:
soap wrote:

There is probably more to this than we know, there usually is in cases like this.

For instance, a company I used to visit always told me that the women doing the same job as them were earning 20% more for the same job. IT was correct and I was shown the recruitment adds including the rate.


The truth of it was that there were 7 men working in Rhondda and 12 women working in South London. The jobs were as you say identical but one had been adjusted.


Which is kind of my point! they were all people, but was the adjustment due to them being Women or being from London and the numerous difficulties that present?


If it goes to court it will be up to Tesco and Ada to demonstrate why shop rates are less than warehouse rates. They could of course have listed the specific reasons and the rational behind them already, but they haven't. Why's that.

The simplest and most obvious reason for the lower rates paid for shop work is that because mostly women work in the shops and women will accept lower paid work the companies could get away with paying lower rates. It's pretty rare that companies elect to pay more to their staff than they need to.


Sat Feb 10, 2018 2:01 pm
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

Joined: Mon Sep 26, 2011 12:39 pm
Posts: 7129
Location: rhondda
Post Re: Im beginning to dislike Women ?
eog wrote:
Blindside wrote:
soap wrote:

There is probably more to this than we know, there usually is in cases like this.

For instance, a company I used to visit always told me that the women doing the same job as them were earning 20% more for the same job. IT was correct and I was shown the recruitment adds including the rate.


The truth of it was that there were 7 men working in Rhondda and 12 women working in South London. The jobs were as you say identical but one had been adjusted.


Which is kind of my point! they were all people, but was the adjustment due to them being Women or being from London and the numerous difficulties that present?


If it goes to court it will be up to Tesco and Ada to demonstrate why shop rates are less than warehouse rates. They could of course have listed the specific reasons and the rational behind them already, but they haven't. Why's that.

The simplest and most obvious reason for the lower rates paid for shop work is that because mostly women work in the shops and women will accept lower paid work the companies could get away with paying lower rates. It's pretty rare that companies elect to pay more to their staff than they need to.

If it was just a case of paying the lowest rate possible and they pay men MORE than women they would just employ women in the warehouses.

_________________
To be born Welsh is a privilege, not with a silver spoon in your mouth but a song in your heart and poetry in your soul.


Sat Feb 10, 2018 2:39 pm
Profile E-mail
thread ruining clique
User avatar

Joined: Thu Sep 20, 2007 5:26 pm
Posts: 19724
Location: Dinbych
Post Re: Im beginning to dislike Women ?
It's standard divide and conquer tactics. If the rich can manipulate a battle of the sexes, they will do it. Keeps them off the radar.

_________________
Wubba dubba dub dub


Sat Feb 10, 2018 2:53 pm
Profile
International Player

Joined: Wed Dec 11, 2013 4:24 pm
Posts: 1237
Post Re: Im beginning to dislike Women ?
jimcardiff wrote:
eog wrote:
If it goes to court it will be up to Tesco and Ada to demonstrate why shop rates are less than warehouse rates. They could of course have listed the specific reasons and the rational behind them already, but they haven't. Why's that.

The simplest and most obvious reason for the lower rates paid for shop work is that because mostly women work in the shops and women will accept lower paid work the companies could get away with paying lower rates. It's pretty rare that companies elect to pay more to their staff than they need to.

If it was just a case of paying the lowest rate possible and they pay men MORE than women they would just employ women in the warehouses.


As any man knows there just aren't enough women to go around. ;)
Unions have been run by men for men and if men worked in the shop and women in the warehouse women would still be paid less. There's none so conservative as working class men. The Unions are culpable along with the employers on this one.


Sat Feb 10, 2018 8:09 pm
Profile E-mail
World XV Player
User avatar

Joined: Sun Aug 12, 2007 11:09 am
Posts: 13819
Post Re: Im beginning to dislike Women ?
Blindside wrote:
I'm getting pissed off listening to "well-off" women talking about discrimination and talking about sexualized inappropriate behaviour. Yes something needs to be done and yes its wrong, but even the grey areas have become black, people are talking about signing a contract before having sex! Would suggesting the need for a contract itself be inappropriate as it would make a woman uncomfortable. It appears that the main women complaining about their lot are doing rather well......very highly paid capitalist women are not as highly paid as very highly paid men, well tough shit there's poverty all around us, old people in agony waiting for knees and hips they want "the market" to decide everything except women's wages. Its just that there is some much injustice and corruption in this country the bad beat that women occasionally get is low on my list of priorities. We sell arms to the Saudis who use them to bomb civilians in Yemen into mass starvation and cholera, hardly makes the news, however, a hand placed on a knee in parliament is headline news.

I don't think a man is better than a woman, indeed i spend half my life ingratiating myself to me wife merely for her to talk to me in a civil manner. I enjoy women's sport, i have worked with women and they are just as likely to be fantastic at their jobs as men. I respect women and have no issue in working under a woman (in any sense).

You never see an attractive young man married to a rich unattractive older woman :scratch:

I like this post. :D

_________________
As a scummer once said 'we dont produce anything and live meaningless lives doing meaningless jobs just to payback money that never really existed in the first place'.


Mon Feb 12, 2018 8:54 am
Profile
World XV Player
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jul 22, 2011 6:24 pm
Posts: 45496
Location: Llanharan
Post Re: Im beginning to dislike Women ?
eog wrote:

Unions have been run by men for men and if men worked in the shop and women in the warehouse women would still be paid less. There's none so conservative as working class men. The Unions are culpable along with the employers on this one.


:kermit: :kermit: :kermit: :kermit: :kermit: :kermit: :kermit: :kermit:

At Unison, the country's largest public sector union, 80% of its 1.3 million members are female.


Mon Feb 12, 2018 9:17 am
Profile
World XV Player
User avatar

Joined: Thu Feb 19, 2015 10:37 pm
Posts: 13699
Post Re: Im beginning to dislike Women ?
Blindside wrote:
You never see an attractive young man married to a rich unattractive older woman :scratch:


Walk around Monaco BS, gigolo's married or otherwise abound :D

_________________
ImageEasy to consider past and present, it's the future and associated plan and strategy to achieve that takes the talent ..


Mon Feb 12, 2018 9:20 am
Profile
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 81 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to: