It is currently Sat Jun 23, 2018 3:21 pm

Elon Msk 
International Player

Post Re: Elon Msk
soap wrote:
eog wrote:
soap wrote:

I think you would have been happier gathering nuts and fruit and death by 30. Far better for 'the planet' if Humans should never have been let out of the trees. Well you think wrong. As well as not understanding what a 30 year average life span doesn't mean that you drop dead aged 30 and that humans never lived in the trees. ;) The only proven way to use less resources is technology. Really so if someone cycles to work or shares a bus with twenty other people instead of driving to work that in your view that isn't a proven way to use less resources. :roll: Profit is the driver not to waste as it does not earn. Plastic in the oceans is currently a hot enviro issue. it's there because for generations we've been turning oil into plastics then throwing them away. Profit was the driver for this and it will continue until penalties/laws/regulations/consumer behaviour make it sufficiently less profitable so that it stops.

Perspective, in London 100 years ago, you would be knee deep in horse crap and swiming in horse pee

No I wouldn't because there was a whole industry involved in clearing the sh1t up.
Either because there was profit to be made out of horse crap or public money was used to clear it up.

Until you get enough technological know how to post replies in the correct place I an not replying to any of your posts.
I understand you are special and unfettered and and a free spirit, but please at least give it a try.

I understand that you must know more about horse sh1t than I do. ;)

Sat Feb 10, 2018 2:09 pm
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

MattGaff wrote:
I really like Elon Musk and everything he stands for.
The guy is to be applauded.

I saw an interesting (but old) video not too long ago when he started out his SpaceX program and was getting interviewed by a reporter. The reporter told him about the negative comments Neil Armstrong and Buzz Aldrin had made against him in particular and he got genuinely upset to be receiving such feedback from guys he always considered his heroes.

Just watching his rocket boosters land back to earth and the spacex tests landing on barges in the ocean are amazing!

He has interesting views on AI as well. Most of his vids are worth watching and a good twitter follow!

SpaceX and Spaceship Corp (Branson) are customers of mine.....modesty is not one of their qualities ;)

Sat Feb 10, 2018 4:21 pm
World XV Player

Langland Exile wrote:
MattGaff wrote:
I really like Elon Musk and everything he stands for.
The guy is to be applauded.

I saw an interesting (but old) video not too long ago when he started out his SpaceX program and was getting interviewed by a reporter. The reporter told him about the negative comments Neil Armstrong and Buzz Aldrin had made against him in particular and he got genuinely upset to be receiving such feedback from guys he always considered his heroes.

Just watching his rocket boosters land back to earth and the spacex tests landing on barges in the ocean are amazing!

He has interesting views on AI as well. Most of his vids are worth watching and a good twitter follow!

SpaceX and Spaceship Corp (Branson) are customers of mine.....modesty is not one of their qualities ;)

He has some brilliant talks on TED. I was looking for a short one he did on Linkedin for forward planning, but can't find it sorry.

Sat Feb 10, 2018 5:25 pm
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

I hope they watch Apollo 13 on a loop like I did this morning. Might keep them honest and put quality first.

Sat Feb 10, 2018 10:18 pm
International Player

123,000 Tesla cars recalled.

https://www.cnbc.com/2018/03/29/tesla-r ... ports.html

Fri Mar 30, 2018 2:51 pm
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

Fingal wrote:

Used to happen regularly on old BL cars. Mini and 1100 especially as the metal of the body disintegrated around the captive nut.
Scary, but you still had control.

Completely unacceptable today of course.

Fri Mar 30, 2018 4:56 pm
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

Captive Nut

Fri Mar 30, 2018 5:59 pm
World XV Player

Fids the Blindside wrote:
Captive Nut

I was expecting a pic of tight pants

Fri Mar 30, 2018 7:45 pm