It is currently Sat Jun 23, 2018 3:16 pm

Elon Msk 
World XV Player

Post Elon Msk
Electric cars and mission to Mars. Is this guy a James Bond Villain or a genius?

He lunched that big ass rocket yesterday with one of his cars on board, that is style :D

https://www.space.com/39618-elon-musk-f ... ction.html

Quote:
"I had this image of a giant explosion on the pad, with a wheel bouncing down the road and the Tesla logo landing somewhere with a thud," Musk told reporters at Kennedy Space Center after the launch. "But fortunately, that's not what happened."

Wed Feb 07, 2018 2:34 pm
World XV Player

Post Re: Elon Msk
Fids the Blindside wrote:
Electric cars and mission to Mars. Is this guy a James Bond Villain or a genius?

He lunched that big ass rocket yesterday with one of his cars on board, that is style :D

https://www.space.com/39618-elon-musk-f ... ction.html

Quote:
"I had this image of a giant explosion on the pad, with a wheel bouncing down the road and the Tesla logo landing somewhere with a thud," Musk told reporters at Kennedy Space Center after the launch. "But fortunately, that's not what happened."

Not my scene but the proof of the pudding all seems to be packed into this latest flight and its power, reusability and hugely reduced costs.

Don't think there's any conspiracy theory around this one ;)

Just wait 'till Dyson bids to hoover up all the satelite shit that is currently orbiting earth. :D

Seriously, it does seem to lead to some paradigm opportunities in space travel.

To be applauded, entrepreunial initiative?

Wed Feb 07, 2018 3:21 pm
World XV Player

You can imagine in half a million years time a ship on the mars run driving up behind him and flashing to pass.

Some monument, it wil last a million years apparently. ( or until they let vegan girls drive ships, then its probably weeks )

Wed Feb 07, 2018 4:44 pm
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

2 things not mentioned in the article, first, it is his old road car, second, the 3rd booster did not get back to the barge to land as it ran out of fuel through having to detour to avoid sightseers boats and could not risk passing over them. it was not a fail, just a safety bail out.

Wed Feb 07, 2018 4:48 pm
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

I think he's tremendous, a real innovator, puts his money where his mouth is, unlike a certain hot dog salesman in Cardiff who couldn't put a hot dog where my mouth was.

Wed Feb 07, 2018 6:16 pm
World XV Player

If you look at 1m50 in this vis you can see the car in space

http://time.com/e5ab6420-b4f0-40cd-ad1b-88a55ccc416e

Wed Feb 07, 2018 6:26 pm
Profile E-mail
thread ruining clique

Wow. That's cool as *fupp*. :cheers:

Wed Feb 07, 2018 6:43 pm
World XV Player

Berlin Warrior wrote:
I think he's tremendous, a real innovator, puts his money where his mouth is, unlike a certain hot dog salesman in Cardiff who couldn't put a hot dog where my mouth was.

Memory lane ... ;)

Wed Feb 07, 2018 6:46 pm
World XV Player

Berlin Warrior wrote:
I think he's tremendous, a real innovator.

aye, what I think too.

Wed Feb 07, 2018 8:18 pm
World XV Player

They had Bowie playing on the car stereo apparently (Life on mars), as an homage to Bowie playing Tesla (in The Prestige)..............

A Tesla playing Bowie, for Bowie playing Tesla....very cute from Mr Musk.

Wed Feb 07, 2018 8:37 pm
World XV Player

https://www.linkedin.com/pulse/deconstr ... Amuw%3D%3D

Thu Feb 08, 2018 2:29 am
International Player

It's about self promotion and self indulgence.

The solar system isn't going away any time soon. It will be there for exploring in fifty; a hundred; five hundred years time.
A planet that sustains a decent quality of existence for people is something we haven't got now and is something that's only getting worse. We need the investment and innovation for unglamorous and more difficult projects down here.

Rich men have expensive toys, it's the prerogative of wealth.
The admiration and adulation they get from some is no more justified than if it were given to a four year old driving a battery powered miniature Bentley.

Thu Feb 08, 2018 11:43 am
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

I really like Elon Musk and everything he stands for.
The guy is to be applauded.

I saw an interesting (but old) video not too long ago when he started out his SpaceX program and was getting interviewed by a reporter. The reporter told him about the negative comments Neil Armstrong and Buzz Aldrin had made against him in particular and he got genuinely upset to be receiving such feedback from guys he always considered his heroes.

Just watching his rocket boosters land back to earth and the spacex tests landing on barges in the ocean are amazing!

He has interesting views on AI as well. Most of his vids are worth watching and a good twitter follow!

“Imagination is more important than knowledge. For knowledge is limited to all we now know and understand, while imagination embraces the entire world, and all there ever will be to know and understand.”

Albert Einstein

Thu Feb 08, 2018 1:21 pm
Profile YIM
World XV Player

eog wrote:
It's about self promotion and self indulgence.

The solar system isn't going away any time soon. It will be there for exploring in fifty; a hundred; five hundred years time.
A planet that sustains a decent quality of existence for people is something we haven't got now and is something that's only getting worse. We need the investment and innovation for unglamorous and more difficult projects down here.

Rich men have expensive toys, it's the prerogative of wealth.
The admiration and adulation they get from some is no more justified than if it were given to a four year old driving a battery powered miniature Bentley.

You mean like driving forward the electric car industry?

Thu Feb 08, 2018 3:30 pm
Profile E-mail WWW
World XV Player

Berlin Warrior wrote:
https://www.linkedin.com/pulse/deconstructing-elon-musk-peter-diamandis/?trackingId=8JTTrm0Muq6dDdXGZgAmuw%3D%3D

There is one very important component to Musk that this guy seems to have missed.

Nothing to loose.

He has enough salted away to keep him in the style he would like if everything went south, so not bothered if he loses out on one string of his bow. He is not a huge spender or someone who seeks fame for fame sake and has been known on several occasions to just 'rip up' a plan irrespective of cost. There are not many who would do that.

Watch this

and this
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pUuKoBkIFA4

but its 30 min long

Thu Feb 08, 2018 4:29 pm
Profile E-mail