It is currently Sun May 27, 2018 6:12 am

The Last Jedi **SPOILERS** 
World XV Player

Post Re: The Last Jedi **SPOILERS**
Laura Dern was the one who put the ship into ligh speed through the star destroyer (why didn't she just do that as soon as the first order started shooting the pods down btw :D ) and I bloody hope not because that would be stupid :D

Tbf they should have had Leia on the ship and Dern to take up the role as the new Leia going forward IMO. Would have been a good way for Carrie Fisher to go out too

She was in the original Jurassic Park too.

Thu Dec 21, 2017 9:55 pm
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

click

I knew I'd seen her before :D

Fri Dec 22, 2017 8:45 pm
World XV Player

Watched it again yesterday... :D

And have to say it's much better second time around! Still a few things I felt they did poorly but overall I enjoyed it..... strange that?

The spaceship chase went on way too long though and the way Finns character hasn't developed much over the two films is disappointing. Also feel they could have kept Luke for the third?

I've read loads of people saying they're disappointed with what they did to Luke, making him a crazy old man etc? I enjoyed him like that tbh and Hamill pulls it off really well. I mean if you were stuck on a deserted island for most of your life you'd be the same :D

Also the Leia bit.....sorry I don't care how 'force sensitive' she is, that part looked awful and they missed a trick by not killing her off in the film imo.

Sun Dec 24, 2017 10:29 am
Profile E-mail
thread ruining clique

I'm enjoying the thread, even though I probably won't see the movie for a couple of years yet.
I've only just seen Force Awakens. Enjoyed it, even though it was a complete copy of the original Star Wars. My only major gripe is the casting of the chap with the dodgy barnet who plays Han Solo's son. Where the *fupp* did they get him from? Are we honestly supposed to believe the offspring of a beautiful princess and a dashing pirate would end up looking like someone who works in Home Bargains?
He so should have kept his helmet on.

Sun Dec 24, 2017 2:39 pm
World XV Player

spinbreath wrote:
He so should have kept his helmet on.

If I've never agreed with you before, let this be a great start.

Sun Dec 24, 2017 4:25 pm
World XV Player

looses the helmet for good in this one

Sun Dec 24, 2017 5:35 pm
World XV Player

off subject I know .... but my daughter's fiance called 'round the other day on the way home from work. It was raining and he'd been cycling in his sporting attire ... it was evening and the lights were on and his head attire glistend ... Jees Chris I said ..do you polish your helmet? well I just died on the spot, I was laughing so much :-)

Tue Dec 26, 2017 11:27 am
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

Just went to see the film. Some interesting points on here. I have always enjoyed the films but never got as obsessed with them as some people seem to.

Anyway, the point I am making is that I don't have the same sentimentality about the originals so they can do what they like with the new ones as I am concerned. As someone mentioned here though, the Return of the Jedi finished it nicely and no more needed to be said. The Force Awakens was the same as the original Star Wars and then resurrected the same story line.

I read Dune recently on the recommendation of someone on here and was surprised how similar Star Wars was. I think I would like to see them make another film of that.

Fri Dec 29, 2017 12:24 am
Profile E-mail
thread ruining clique

David Lynch's version of Dune is *fupping* epic.
The Sleeper Must Awaken.
Gives me goosebumps every time.

Sat Dec 30, 2017 8:01 pm
World XV Player

spinbreath wrote:
David Lynch's version of Dune is *fupping* epic.
The Sleeper Must Awaken.
Gives me goosebumps every time.

I saw the film years ago, and only vaguely remembered it, I remember enjoying it but forgot enough for it not to spoil the book.

I was amazed how mucb Star Wars nicked from Dune. I was recommded the book on here, maybe Fids? I really enjoyed it.

I think they might be doing a tv series of the Dune.

Anyway back to topic...Star Wars.

Sat Dec 30, 2017 8:05 pm
Profile E-mail
thread ruining clique

I only got through the first two books of Dune.
There's a more modern TV adaptation floating about out there, plus there's the aborted attempt of Girinofski's Dune (Spelling) which ended in failure and probably bankrupted a studio.

Sat Dec 30, 2017 8:10 pm
World XV Player

spinbreath wrote:
I only got through the first two books of Dune.
There's a more modern TV adaptation floating about out there, plus there's the aborted attempt of Girinofski's Dune (Spelling) which ended in failure and probably bankrupted a studio.

I am on the second book at the moment. Haven't got into it yet. Will check out the series, thank you.

Sat Dec 30, 2017 8:36 pm
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

spinbreath wrote:
...Dune (Spelling)...

No worries, that's how Dune is spelt :clap: :D

Mon Jan 01, 2018 7:26 am
World XV Player

TheSmurf wrote:
spinbreath wrote:
...Dune (Spelling)...

No worries, that's how Dune is spelt :clap: :D

I thought it was 'June'?

Mon Jan 01, 2018 8:24 am
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

Cymru am byth wrote:
Just went to see the film. Some interesting points on here. I have always enjoyed the films but never got as obsessed with them as some people seem to.

Anyway, the point I am making is that I don't have the same sentimentality about the originals so they can do what they like with the new ones as I am concerned. As someone mentioned here though, the Return of the Jedi finished it nicely and no more needed to be said. The Force Awakens was the same as the original Star Wars and then resurrected the same story line.

I read Dune recently on the recommendation of someone on here and was surprised how similar Star Wars was. I think I would like to see them make another film of that.

Frank Herbert's masterpiece is extraordinarily moving, CAB.

It was started by "Dune" in the 1960s and all his works in that series are tremendous, some are better than that.

Some, indeed, are gigantic and awe-inspiring works.

Tag-on works by others are fair to middling but to compare them with Frank Herbert's masterpieces is just not fair as it was the work of a man who was truly a master of his craft producing his Opus Magnum.

He was moved to pointing out the 20 or so obvious "steals" by the Star Wars franchise but was amused by the flattery and set up a teaser website.

Here's a website that comments on that and a touch more - http://www.inafarawaygalaxy.com/2017/09/the-influence-of-herberts-dune-on-star.html

Mon Jan 01, 2018 9:16 am