It is currently Thu Apr 26, 2018 6:26 am

The Last Jedi **SPOILERS** 
World XV Player

Post Re: The Last Jedi **SPOILERS**
Bouch wrote:
Cymru am byth wrote:
Just went to see the film. Some interesting points on here. I have always enjoyed the films but never got as obsessed with them as some people seem to.

Anyway, the point I am making is that I don't have the same sentimentality about the originals so they can do what they like with the new ones as I am concerned. As someone mentioned here though, the Return of the Jedi finished it nicely and no more needed to be said. The Force Awakens was the same as the original Star Wars and then resurrected the same story line.

I read Dune recently on the recommendation of someone on here and was surprised how similar Star Wars was. I think I would like to see them make another film of that.

Frank Herbert's masterpiece is extraordinarily moving, CAB.

It was started by "Dune" in the 1960s and all his works in that series are tremendous, some are better than that.

Some, indeed, are gigantic and awe-inspiring works.

Tag-on works by others are fair to middling but to compare them with Frank Herbert's masterpieces is just not fair as it was the work of a man who was truly a master of his craft producing his Opus Magnum.

He was moved to pointing out the 20 or so obvious "steals" by the Star Wars franchise but was amused by the flattery and set up a teaser website.

Here's a website that comments on that and a touch more - http://www.inafarawaygalaxy.com/2017/09/the-influence-of-herberts-dune-on-star.html

Thanks Bouch. I am on Dune Messiah at the moment, only 10 pages in so haven't got i to it yet. You'd recommend all of the series then?

Mon Jan 01, 2018 1:16 pm
Profile E-mail