It is currently Tue Jan 23, 2018 7:08 pm




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 16 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
Le Beaujolais est arrivé 
Author Message
World XV Player
User avatar

Joined: Thu Feb 19, 2015 10:37 pm
Posts: 11785
Post Le Beaujolais est arrivé
2017 Beaujolais Nouveau available today!

Just about to open a bottle of 'Duboeuf' a favourite of ours ...

Sadly a limit of 2 glasses a day .... I'll cheat on the size of the glass :D

Image

_________________
ImageEasy to consider past and present, it's the future and associated plan and strategy to achieve that takes the talent ..


Thu Nov 16, 2017 1:49 pm
Profile
World XV Player
User avatar

Joined: Tue Apr 27, 2004 6:00 pm
Posts: 10056
Location: Toronto Ontario
Post Re: Le Beaujolais est arrivé
I'm a du-pape fan, so expensive here though, start at $40 a bottle so only indulge on special occasions.

_________________
Sitting in the dock of Scumtanamo Bay


Thu Nov 16, 2017 2:24 pm
Profile
World XV Player
User avatar

Joined: Thu Feb 19, 2015 10:37 pm
Posts: 11785
Post Re: Le Beaujolais est arrivé
Berlin Warrior wrote:
I'm a du-pape fan, so expensive here though, start at $40 a bottle so only indulge on special occasions.


Bloody strong !!

goes up to 14% sometimes plus, lovely rich dark wine though.

The region is good too ;)

_________________
ImageEasy to consider past and present, it's the future and associated plan and strategy to achieve that takes the talent ..


Thu Nov 16, 2017 2:30 pm
Profile
World XV Player
User avatar

Joined: Thu Feb 19, 2015 10:37 pm
Posts: 11785
Post Re: Le Beaujolais est arrivé
duplicate and I havent sipped any yet

_________________
ImageEasy to consider past and present, it's the future and associated plan and strategy to achieve that takes the talent ..


Thu Nov 16, 2017 2:30 pm
Profile
World XV Player
User avatar

Joined: Tue Apr 27, 2004 6:00 pm
Posts: 10056
Location: Toronto Ontario
Post Re: Le Beaujolais est arrivé
Tony Panties wrote:
duplicate and I havent sipped any yet


Any recommendations for a similar wine Tel?

_________________
Sitting in the dock of Scumtanamo Bay


Thu Nov 16, 2017 2:34 pm
Profile
World XV Player
User avatar

Joined: Thu Feb 19, 2015 10:37 pm
Posts: 11785
Post Re: Le Beaujolais est arrivé
Berlin Warrior wrote:
Tony Panties wrote:
duplicate and I havent sipped any yet


Any recommendations for a similar wine Tel?


Du pape contain a hi % of black grenache grape and some Syrah ...others low %

Wines from the Southern Rhone would apply, e.g Cote du Rhone.

However, Du pape is somewhat unique hence the price as vineyards have a traditionally low yied.

They are relatively expensive here too.

Good to have some sampling ;) ...have a look at S Rhone etc ....

Let me know if you find any that you enjoy ...

Best

_________________
ImageEasy to consider past and present, it's the future and associated plan and strategy to achieve that takes the talent ..


Thu Nov 16, 2017 3:04 pm
Profile
International Player

Joined: Thu Dec 19, 2013 2:57 am
Posts: 754
Location: Leinster
Post Re: Le Beaujolais est arrivé
Tony Panties wrote:
2017 Beaujolais Nouveau available today!

Just about to open a bottle of 'Duboeuf' a favourite of ours ...

Sadly a limit of 2 glasses a day .... I'll cheat on the size of the glass :D

Image


Doesn't Japan go mad for this wine?


Thu Nov 16, 2017 3:53 pm
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

Joined: Wed Apr 15, 2009 9:49 am
Posts: 25937
Post Re: Le Beaujolais est arrivé
Never liked wine. Don't intent to start liking it either. Stick to the beer!


Thu Nov 16, 2017 3:54 pm
Profile E-mail WWW
World XV Player
User avatar

Joined: Thu Feb 19, 2015 10:37 pm
Posts: 11785
Post Re: Le Beaujolais est arrivé
Fingal wrote:
Tony Panties wrote:
2017 Beaujolais Nouveau available today!

Just about to open a bottle of 'Duboeuf' a favourite of ours ...

Sadly a limit of 2 glasses a day .... I'll cheat on the size of the glass :D

Image


Doesn't Japan go mad for this wine?


Some french TOP 14 Presidents with wine interests are already active in preparation for the Japan W Cup and have been for a long time.

Japan and Asia are fertile markets for wine.

Racing and Bordeaux Presidents are 2 that are very active and using Rugby to promote their business interests.

THey are using H Kong as an entry with games as executive events

_________________
ImageEasy to consider past and present, it's the future and associated plan and strategy to achieve that takes the talent ..


Thu Nov 16, 2017 5:39 pm
Profile
World XV Player
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jul 22, 2011 6:24 pm
Posts: 44755
Location: Llanharan
Post Re: Le Beaujolais est arrivé
Does older Beaujolais taste even better? Does even older Beau improve over the years?


Thu Nov 16, 2017 6:07 pm
Profile
International Player

Joined: Thu Dec 19, 2013 2:57 am
Posts: 754
Location: Leinster
Post Re: Le Beaujolais est arrivé
Tony Panties wrote:
Fingal wrote:
Tony Panties wrote:
2017 Beaujolais Nouveau available today!

Just about to open a bottle of 'Duboeuf' a favourite of ours ...

Sadly a limit of 2 glasses a day .... I'll cheat on the size of the glass :D

Image


Doesn't Japan go mad for this wine?


Some french TOP 14 Presidents with wine interests are already active in preparation for the Japan W Cup and have been for a long time.

Japan and Asia are fertile markets for wine.

Racing and Bordeaux Presidents are 2 that are very active and using Rugby to promote their business interests.

THey are using H Kong as an entry with games as executive events


Sales seem to be slipping

Japantimes
Quote:
The Beaujolais Nouveau 2017 vintage went on sale in Japan on Thursday, but with people’s tastes maturing, the traditional celebration of the French wine’s seasonal release is on the decline.

As imports of the wine from the Beaujolais region are expected to fall for the fifth consecutive year, the alcoholic beverage industry is studying various ways to boost demand.

“Now that the Japanese drink wine more frequently than before, the event (of celebrating the release of Beaujolais Nouveau) has become not so special,” an industry official said.

The volume of imports has almost halved since its peak in 2004 and has been on the decline since 2013, according to Mercian Corp., a unit of one of Japan’s largest beer makers, Kirin Holdings Co.

As part of efforts to promote the drinking of Beaujolais Nouveau with family and friends at home, Asahi Breweries Ltd. and Kirin have posted recommended accompanying meal recipes online.

Suntory Wine International Ltd. is intensifying promotions targeting companies, encouraging them to use the French wine at events where they want employees to build camaraderie.

Suntory Wine International is planning to enlist 11 companies, including Mitsubishi Electric Corp., in holding such events this year.


Thu Nov 16, 2017 6:28 pm
Profile E-mail
World XV Player
User avatar

Joined: Thu Feb 19, 2015 10:37 pm
Posts: 11785
Post Re: Le Beaujolais est arrivé
Fingal wrote:
Tony Panties wrote:
Fingal wrote:
Tony Panties wrote:
2017 Beaujolais Nouveau available today!

Just about to open a bottle of 'Duboeuf' a favourite of ours ...

Sadly a limit of 2 glasses a day .... I'll cheat on the size of the glass :D

Image


Doesn't Japan go mad for this wine?


Some french TOP 14 Presidents with wine interests are already active in preparation for the Japan W Cup and have been for a long time.

Japan and Asia are fertile markets for wine.

Racing and Bordeaux Presidents are 2 that are very active and using Rugby to promote their business interests.

THey are using H Kong as an entry with games as executive events


Sales seem to be slipping

Japantimes
Quote:
The Beaujolais Nouveau 2017 vintage went on sale in Japan on Thursday, but with people’s tastes maturing, the traditional celebration of the French wine’s seasonal release is on the decline.

As imports of the wine from the Beaujolais region are expected to fall for the fifth consecutive year, the alcoholic beverage industry is studying various ways to boost demand.

“Now that the Japanese drink wine more frequently than before, the event (of celebrating the release of Beaujolais Nouveau) has become not so special,” an industry official said.

The volume of imports has almost halved since its peak in 2004 and has been on the decline since 2013, according to Mercian Corp., a unit of one of Japan’s largest beer makers, Kirin Holdings Co.

As part of efforts to promote the drinking of Beaujolais Nouveau with family and friends at home, Asahi Breweries Ltd. and Kirin have posted recommended accompanying meal recipes online.

Suntory Wine International Ltd. is intensifying promotions targeting companies, encouraging them to use the French wine at events where they want employees to build camaraderie.

Suntory Wine International is planning to enlist 11 companies, including Mitsubishi Electric Corp., in holding such events this year.


It is true, once upon a time the nouveau beaujolais was a big fete!!... there were e .g races to bring the first nouveau to UK etc ...

It has waned and here in France there are now a lot of 'primeurs' ie early wines first released from the vineyards. In our Region e.g Gaillac.

Really it is a rough taste and it's fruitiness etc is just a one off and bit of a rip off .. I paid 6.95 euros / bottle today!.

¨Peoples tastes w/wide are beginning to become a lot more sophisticated and traditional markets are facing increased competition e.g S America and Eastern Europe.

Still a big market for the 'Grand crus' and the various classed growths, 1855 and all that, which have changed considerably and really of snobbish value and sometimes even questionable comparable quality.

The Japanese have bought into the french vineyards especially the prime level.

We buy a lot of AOC wines especially local. Wine drinking can be very snobbish and we pay 4 - 12 euros, ignore the following price band and then pay 20 euros + or ++ if the situation warrants it.

We brought a lot of Grand Cru wines with us and they were put in the cellar which had an earth floor. We had a big storm and some minor flooding in the cellar but sufficient to tip the rack and most if not all of them were broken ..... no insurance either 'cos in France one can only claim if the Mayor declares a 'sinistre' locally. He didn't. :angry4:

Can be a fascinating subject, my wife is the family expert, I'm just a pleb in that respect ;)

PS There's a popular beaujolais here called Pisse dru literally not complimentary although it is of reasonable quality. :D

_________________
ImageEasy to consider past and present, it's the future and associated plan and strategy to achieve that takes the talent ..


Thu Nov 16, 2017 7:35 pm
Profile
World XV Player
User avatar

Joined: Thu Feb 19, 2015 10:37 pm
Posts: 11785
Post Re: Le Beaujolais est arrivé
Bouch wrote:
Does older Beaujolais taste even better? Does even older Beau improve over the years?


Beaujolais is not a wine to keep, Beaujolais Villages is the better quality.

_________________
ImageEasy to consider past and present, it's the future and associated plan and strategy to achieve that takes the talent ..


Thu Nov 16, 2017 7:36 pm
Profile
World XV Player
User avatar

Joined: Sat Aug 29, 2009 6:41 am
Posts: 6075
Location: Centurion, South Africa
Post Re: Le Beaujolais est arrivé
SimplyRed wrote:
Never liked wine. Don't intent to start liking it either. Stick to the beer!

never liked alcohol in general, but very fond of the side effects like invulnerability, increased dance skills and resolving world issues.

Vodka is my preferred ability-booster.

_________________
Burpity burp burp


Thu Nov 16, 2017 9:27 pm
Profile
World XV Player
User avatar

Joined: Thu May 06, 2004 5:40 pm
Posts: 60567
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Post Re: Le Beaujolais est arrivé
TheSmurf wrote:
SimplyRed wrote:
Never liked wine. Don't intent to start liking it either. Stick to the beer!

never liked alcohol in general, but very fond of the side effects like invulnerability, increased dance skills and resolving world issues.

Vodka is my preferred ability-booster.


Excellent :thumbup: :D

_________________
We are all in the gutter but me and my mam are looking at the stars!


Fri Nov 17, 2017 1:59 pm
Profile
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 16 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to: