It is currently Mon Nov 20, 2017 2:47 am

Red Sun 
thread ruining clique

Post Red Sun
Did y'all get the red sun this morning? It was damned weird - like being on Mars for a couple of hours.
Hurricane Orphelia picking up Sahara dust and Spanish forest fire smoke and blasting it up into the atmosphere.

Mon Oct 16, 2017 6:30 pm
World XV Player

Post Re: Red Sun
Landed on my car it did fuppin loads of spots all over it.

Mon Oct 16, 2017 6:38 pm
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

spinbreath wrote:
Did y'all get the red sun this morning? It was damned weird - like being on Mars for a couple of hours.
Hurricane Orphelia picking up Sahara dust and Spanish forest fire smoke and blasting it up into the atmosphere.

Nah

Tata Steel opened another furnace now they've squared the workforce!

Mon Oct 16, 2017 7:09 pm
World XV Player

We had it for maybe 20 mins max here today. South coast and even Cheltenham had it for 5-6 hours.

I feel robbed!

'It's now very common to hear people say, "I'm rather offended by that", as if that gives them certain rights. It's no more than a whine. It has no meaning, it has no purpose, it has no reason to be respected as a phrase. "I'm offended by that." Well, so *fupping* what?' —Stephen Fry

"You like PhillBB demand facts for debate........My premise needs no facts to debate it" - Rosario on "how to look like an idiot"

http://www.flickr.com/photos/whitcomberd/

Mon Oct 16, 2017 8:26 pm
Profile WWW
World XV Player

spinbreath wrote:

The pictures were great.

We had a storm sky down here - it was almost as black as the Ace of Spades until 10 am.

The street lights were on for a long while.

Tue Oct 17, 2017 9:36 am
World XV Player

We had it most of the morning here, and Plymouth smelled like Port Talbot for a few hours, twas right *fupping* weird

Tue Oct 17, 2017 9:39 am
Profile E-mail WWW
World XV Player

Caused by something about sand I heard?

Unless people were taking the piss and I fell for it.... which is a good possibility tbf :D

Tue Oct 17, 2017 9:52 am
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

Bouch wrote:

Your council turns street lights on?! Ours claim they cant possibly have most of them on because its too expensive.

'It's now very common to hear people say, "I'm rather offended by that", as if that gives them certain rights. It's no more than a whine. It has no meaning, it has no purpose, it has no reason to be respected as a phrase. "I'm offended by that." Well, so *fupping* what?' —Stephen Fry

"You like PhillBB demand facts for debate........My premise needs no facts to debate it" - Rosario on "how to look like an idiot"

Tue Oct 17, 2017 12:55 pm
Profile WWW
World XV Player

All that sahara in the air, I was thirsty all day :occasion5:

Tue Oct 17, 2017 3:40 pm
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

String wrote:
Bouch wrote:

Your council turns street lights on?! Ours claim they cant possibly have most of them on because its too expensive.

Ours recently changed them all for LED ones.

If anyone doubts the durability of an LED light fitting, they need to check out the one that's been on continuously for over 15 months out the back of Clinton Avenue in Plymouth

Tue Oct 17, 2017 3:43 pm
Profile E-mail WWW
World XV Player

2 of the pot holes in a street near here just celebrated their 30th birthday. Every now and again someone turns up to fill it in with loose tarmac which comes out within weeks. At no point since being built has the road been even partly resurfaced.

B.G. official policy was rotating street lights (so one street on, one off). They got criticised, backtracked on it in public but still do it on a similar method. Its fairly easy to predict which areas will have random "faults" with street lighting for any particular week.

I love walking home from the pub at 1am past 100s of street lights, all in complete darkness for several miles.

Tue Oct 17, 2017 4:43 pm
Profile WWW
World XV Player

String wrote:
2 of the pot holes in a street near here just celebrated their 30th birthday. Every now and again someone turns up to fill it in with loose tarmac which comes out within weeks. At no point since being built has the road been even partly resurfaced.

B.G. official policy was rotating street lights (so one street on, one off). They got criticised, backtracked on it in public but still do it on a similar method. Its fairly easy to predict which areas will have random "faults" with street lighting for any particular week.

I love walking home from the pub at 1am past 100s of street lights, all in complete darkness for several miles.

Yeh, but its OK they come on at 6:30 am for 12 Hrs.

Tue Oct 17, 2017 6:29 pm
Profile E-mail