It is currently Sat Oct 21, 2017 6:44 pm

Mod please? 
World XV Player

Post Mod please?
Hi mod. I did not know how else to do this, so delete it after reading if you like. I did not want ti Flag as you will have lots to do anyway, which is the point of this post.

All these spamspamspam posts? Can you not make it so that the first post from new members has to be accepted?
No idea how to do it, but the last 3 or so sites I have joined have done this.

If the poster is not accepted, the post does not appear. Or is it more work for you that way than just cleaning up? I see the one has 14 posts, has he/she been accepted?

Not complaining of course, just trying to help, which usually means I make more work.

Sun Aug 20, 2017 10:17 pm
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

Post Re: Mod please?
It's easy, just have to approve every registration application.

Sun Aug 20, 2017 11:00 pm
Site Admin

soap wrote:
Hi mod. I did not know how else to do this, so delete it after reading if you like. I did not want ti Flag as you will have lots to do anyway, which is the point of this post.

All these spamspamspam posts? Can you not make it so that the first post from new members has to be accepted?

If the poster is not accepted, the post does not appear. Or is it more work for you that way than just cleaning up? I see the one has 14 posts, has he/she been accepted?

Not complaining of course, just trying to help, which usually means I make more work.

Chris is updating the site, this will reduce the number of spammers getting through.

Mon Aug 21, 2017 9:10 am
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

Thegrimriper wrote:
soap wrote:

Chris is updating the site, this will reduce the number of spammers getting through.

As I said, not complaining, its easy to ignore them, just sympathising with you

Mon Aug 21, 2017 10:28 am
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

Thegrimriper wrote:
soap wrote:

and a 'search facility' too? ;)

Mon Aug 21, 2017 11:47 am
World XV Player

soap wrote:

Sadly won't help with the spammers here who have +40k posts already :D

Mon Aug 21, 2017 3:06 pm
World XV Player

Tony Panties wrote:
Thegrimriper wrote:
soap wrote:

You mis-read, I only have 4k :D

Mon Aug 21, 2017 3:26 pm
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

You misquoted.
And I wasn't referring to you ;)

Mon Aug 21, 2017 3:30 pm
World XV Player

I jokingly made a post the other day that was justifiably removed... but I was wondering exactly what the recent spam posts have been trying to communicate? Until recently they were at least pretending to be selling Nike or something, but ones on here in recent weeks are very confusing.

Mon Aug 21, 2017 5:21 pm
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

soap wrote:
Tony Panties wrote:
Thegrimriper wrote:
soap wrote:

You mis-read, I only have 4k :D

Ah, right. Sorry Tony

Mon Aug 21, 2017 5:53 pm
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

Cymru am byth wrote:
I jokingly made a post the other day that was justifiably removed... but I was wondering exactly what the recent spam posts have been trying to communicate? Until recently they were at least pretending to be selling Nike or something, but ones on here in recent weeks are very confusing.

Yep, there's a suspicious, continuous theme in the 'European' section .... :scratch:

Mon Aug 21, 2017 6:12 pm
World XV Player

Cymru am byth wrote:

I wondered who was reading the obvious spam :D

Naughty Boy! :thefinger:

Mon Aug 21, 2017 6:41 pm
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

LLanrumneyOik wrote:
Cymru am byth wrote:

I wondered who was reading the obvious spam :D

Naughty Boy! :thefinger:

Reading it is ok no? I don't post.

However, despite being on this site for over 10 years in various forms, I've only just realised that you can mark topics read!

Mon Aug 21, 2017 7:51 pm
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

Cymru am byth wrote:
Reading it is ok no? I don't post.

I think when folks read them they get a 'click' and that's how they get their money. If we see them and ignore them without reading then they go broke.

I just tend to ignore any new magical names for a while.

Chris could fix it if it was a priority but it aint as we is all too clever like :-)

Mon Aug 21, 2017 8:20 pm
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

I noticed european got a lot of spam too

Can we have a travel ban on Americans until the government can work out what the hell is happening

Tue Aug 22, 2017 6:51 pm