It is currently Thu Oct 19, 2017 12:52 am

War for the Planet of the Apes 
World XV Player

Post War for the Planet of the Apes
Is good. Pay money to watch it.

I loved the originals, and I've really enjoyed this remake series. The finale is good cinema.

Thu Jul 20, 2017 8:38 am
World XV Player

Post Re: War for the Planet of the Apes
Maybe I should binge watch the whole series - I've only watched the original and as a 10 year old was a little freaked out hahaha

Fri Jul 21, 2017 6:37 am
World XV Player

Oh yeah man do it, they are all really good.

Fri Jul 21, 2017 8:17 am
World XV Player

I thought Charlton Heston was good in it though?

Fri Jul 21, 2017 9:32 am
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

The first two were brilliant, no reason why this one can't be the same

Can we have a travel ban on Americans until the government can work out what the hell is happening

Fri Jul 21, 2017 12:05 pm
World XV Player

Watched the first and lied it until a monkey rides a horse into battle... proper lol moment.

Haven't watched the second but might give it a go this weekend.

(Talking about the latest remakes, haven't seen either of the older ones)

Fri Jul 21, 2017 7:58 pm
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

The originals were 'of their time' but still good, especially the first one, damn dirty apes but there is nothing wrrong with a remake that ups the game, these do.

FFS Dunkirk is released this weekend, the original was wooden to say the least.

Embrace new damn dirty apes because that version has to come, simply has too.

Can we have a travel ban on Americans until the government can work out what the hell is happening

Fri Jul 21, 2017 10:13 pm
World XV Player

Fids the Blindside wrote:
The originals were 'of their time' but still good, especially the first one, damn dirty apes but there is nothing wrrong with a remake that ups the game, these do.

Yeah the originals were good concept movies and although they have that 70's cheese I still love them. I couldn't count how many times I've watched them. I guess the new ones aren't technically a remake, more a prequel, it was great to see news clips about the mission to mars being lost in space in the first two movies. The idea is still like a remake though.

I can tolerate a remake after 30-40 years. Having 20 different Spiderman remakes in 15 years gets bloody boring.

I'm not a big war movie fan but after seeing the previews for Dunkirk I'll have to see it. Nolan doesn't really make bad movies either.

Fri Jul 21, 2017 10:44 pm
World XV Player

Four More Years wrote:
Fids the Blindside wrote:

Yeah the originals were good concept movies and although they have that 70's cheese I still love them. I couldn't count how many times I've watched them. I guess the new ones aren't technically a remake, more a prequel, it was great to see news clips about the mission to mars being lost in space in the first two movies. The idea is still like a remake though.

I can tolerate a remake after 30-40 years. Having 20 different Spiderman remakes in 15 years gets bloody boring.

I'm not a big war movie fan but after seeing the previews for Dunkirk I'll have to see it. Nolan doesn't really make bad movies either.

I love WWII stuff, (apart from the ones the Yanks crucify, by adding in so much propaganda!!) but there are some that will probably stand the test of time, along with some absolute, never to be re-made (hopefully) classics! 'The Longest Day' was (IMO) a truly great movie, moreso, in the way it documented an impossibly huge, multi-faceted historical event!
'Saving Private Ryan' has to be up there, as are too many to mention other crackers! Curiously, I don't think this most recent remake of Dunkirk makes that step-up, given, so much new, formerly classified material, is available that increases the 'real' knowledge of the event?
Again though, it's yet another event from WWII that took place over a fairly long time-scale? Maybe it's the kind of movie you need to watch more than once to appreciate?

Bit of tough luck for you then, old chap. I really don't give a toss about your perceived sensibilities!!

Fri Jul 28, 2017 2:56 pm
World XV Player

Perhaps.

I grew up in an army family with a Dad and Grandparents who spent loads of time in combat. My Dad didn't really want to watch war movies after his service days were done. He'd seen some shit I reckon. It was probably trained into me from an early age that war isn't entertainment.

That said I've watched the ones you've talked about and they are good movies. I just don't go out of my way to see them.

Sun Jul 30, 2017 10:54 pm