It is currently Mon Aug 21, 2017 3:04 pm

BBC Pay 
British & Irish Lions Player

Post BBC Pay
Don't honestly know what the problem is. Compared to what some people in the city "earn" or what some sportsman get they don't seem to get that much

Wed Jul 19, 2017 5:51 pm
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

Post Re: BBC Pay
Big And Dull wrote:
Don't honestly know what the problem is. Compared to what some people in the city "earn" or what some sportsman get they don't seem to get that much

Perhaps that the problem, we accept morally indefensible salaries to people in the city and sportsmen, so that provides a bench mark for other organizations. The larger issue is we are as good as forced to pay the license fee to pay such earnings, so even if we do see a problem, we can not withdraw our support.

"Business!' cried the Ghost, wringing its hands again. "Mankind was my business; charity, mercy, forbearance, and benevolence, were, all, my business. The deals of my trade were but a drop of water in the comprehensive ocean of my business!”
“None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free.”
"The price of anything is the amount of life you exchange for

Wed Jul 19, 2017 6:30 pm
Profile E-mail

Blindside wrote:
Big And Dull wrote:

Perhaps that the problem, we accept morally indefensible salaries to people in the city and sportsmen, so that provides a bench mark for other organizations. The larger issue is we are as good as forced to pay the license fee to pay such earnings, so even if we do see a problem, we can not withdraw our support.

Yes we are forced to pay the TV licence and it is worth every penny

Wed Jul 19, 2017 6:41 pm
Profile E-mail
thread ruining clique

I object to paying a TV license on the grounds the BBC pumps out such utter shit these days.

Wed Jul 19, 2017 6:50 pm
World XV Player

Big And Dull wrote:
Blindside wrote:
Big And Dull wrote:

Yes we are forced to pay the TV licence and it is worth every penny

Im not seeking argument .... but. Thats merely an opinion, in my opinion, porridge is worth every penny, but im not saying everyone should be forced to buy it!

The BBC is a tool for public manipulation and if i want to withdraw funding for that tool, yet effectively watch other TV programs then i should, in a free society be allowed to do so! So value itself depends on what your values are, it is not for others to decide my values.

"Business!' cried the Ghost, wringing its hands again. "Mankind was my business; charity, mercy, forbearance, and benevolence, were, all, my business. The deals of my trade were but a drop of water in the comprehensive ocean of my business!”

Wed Jul 19, 2017 6:55 pm
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

spinbreath wrote:
I object to paying a TV license on the grounds the BBC pumps out such utter shit these days.

I was attempting to take a more profound and intellectual approach to the issue, on a deeply philosophical level. Yet i think your point hits the nail squarely on the head :D

Wed Jul 19, 2017 6:58 pm
Profile E-mail

Blindside wrote:
spinbreath wrote:

I was attempting to take a more profound and intellectual approach to the issue, :D

But you're from the Neath Valley
Or is that too personal?

Wed Jul 19, 2017 7:39 pm
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

the fact Evans gets the most annoyed me. One trick pony as TFI top gear proved

Wed Jul 19, 2017 8:40 pm
Regional Player

spinbreath wrote:

The BBC is a quality service.

Over this side of the sea we have a money pit called RTE which has a dual revenue of adverts and the license fee(€160) and it still manages to run up debts of €20 million.

Wed Jul 19, 2017 8:42 pm
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

Fingal wrote:
spinbreath wrote:

For me too, certainly in comparion to the competition.

Wed Jul 19, 2017 8:58 pm
World XV Player

Big And Dull wrote:
Blindside wrote:
spinbreath wrote:

I was attempting to take a more profound and intellectual approach to the issue, :D

But you're from the Neath Valley
Or is that too personal?

No that fine 8)

Wed Jul 19, 2017 9:53 pm
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

Tony Panties wrote:
Fingal wrote:
spinbreath wrote:

For me too, certainly in comparion to the competition.

Yes i think its value for money.

However, i think its lost its way, in that it has gone down the mindless entertainment route. It does not challenge the government narrative sufficiently. This is my opinion and may be bullshit, but if i wish to withdraw my money, should i be allowed too? Should i be forced to support the BBC. I think not. We can all have different opinions, but should we all be forced to pay. I should have the choice.

If The Mail was 1p it would be good value for the medical and sport sections alone ..... however i would still through choice not take advantage of the bargain, because of my own perspective of my one pences interaction with the organization. Should i be afforded that choice with regards the BBC ?

Wed Jul 19, 2017 10:07 pm
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

I want to send them a photocopy of a 50 dollar bill. Well thats what we get. a copy of American crap.

Wed Jul 19, 2017 11:41 pm
Profile E-mail
thread ruining clique

Fingal wrote:
spinbreath wrote:

Over this side of the sea we have a money pit called RTE which has a dual revenue of adverts and the license fee(€160) and it still manages to run up debts of €20 million.

It used to be a quality service. It still has one or two good points such as Radio Six and the sports coverage, but on the whole it's gone shite. It's an endless parade of property and antique shows, crap quizzes and reality (insert subject here) competitions, bake off sew off cook off sing off paint off. *fupp* off.
The continued nepotism and jobs for life for Oxbridge grads has reached epic proportions. Victoria Coren? No charisma and not funny, but her Dad was a comedy writer so let's stick her on comedy panel shows.
Better than the competition? It's certainly better than ITV, but that's like saying it's better to be covered in dogshit that catshit.

Thu Jul 20, 2017 8:30 am
World XV Player

The repeats are endless, it's true.

BBC2 on a Sunday, morning to night - unless there's sport on. And a small part of that is repeats.

Why don't the BBC have a Cookery Channel? Or a dedicated Sports Channel?

News can be shown on 130 as it is now.

Weather can be shown on 602.

Thu Jul 20, 2017 8:37 am