It is currently Wed Sep 20, 2017 3:41 pm

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 98 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
Grenfell House Fire 
International Player

Post Re: Grenfell House Fire
Who is the right person/body to decide what is 'fair and proper'?

I suspect that this is one of these issues where the decision makers are damned if they do and damned if they don't. :dontknow:

I guess that TP's point is that everything is too raw and emotive for now to allow rational thinking and needs a cooling off period (but not so long as to fall below the radar). Nothing wrong with some fury but it can't be allowed to fuel vendettas.

Wed Jul 05, 2017 10:23 am
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

spinbreath wrote:
On what basis do you think that maybe this time they'll finally do things fairly and properly?

Much more public interest and dismay.

The problem is that the people best qualified to orchestrate such a diverse Inquiry are from the Establishment and traditionally privileged background and education.

Therés also, very understandably, high emotion at the horrific event and very poor track record.

That can explain the circumstances but the dilemma remains that someone has to manage and orchestrate the research and findings.

I would prefer an overall focal point but quickly indentified individual channels within.

In that way I believe that the 'plaintifs' can earlier better understand that their primary concerns are being addressed and not buried in the overall morass?

In this way the prioritised concern for the victims concerns can be better identified.

This is too big to manage en mass?

Early dissention should be treated early and not just create a cycle of changes to the focal point.

I am not confident that this will happen, hence my initial post and content.

PS I also hope that the only political reference and blame will be justly allocatedand not the subject of smarty point banter. Don't know why I said that 'cos that ain't going to happen :D

Wed Jul 05, 2017 10:26 am
World XV Player

spinbreath wrote:
On what basis do you think that maybe this time they'll finally do things fairly and properly?

well, there has to be a first time. some time.

Wed Jul 05, 2017 11:21 am
Profile E-mail
thread ruining clique

There would if the objective of an investigation were to find out the truth. But as the primary duty of these inquiries tends to be covering the arses of wealthy friends of the Tories, I can't see it happening any time soon.

Wed Jul 05, 2017 4:26 pm
World XV Player

see in Politics thread ...Life Expectancy

viewtopic.php?f=20&t=73498

Tue Jul 18, 2017 8:02 am
World XV Player

Possible grounds for corporate manslaughter

https://t.co/7lUDGBsDbZ

Thu Jul 27, 2017 6:36 pm
World XV Player

Fids the Blindside wrote:
Possible grounds for corporate manslaughter

https://t.co/7lUDGBsDbZ

.... and wouldn't it follow that every council that has been noted as having the same defects in their buildings, although no fire, be liable for wilful negligence or similar?

Fri Jul 28, 2017 11:45 am
World XV Player

Should all the council exec now reign? Conflict of interest etc?

Fri Jul 28, 2017 11:45 am
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 98 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7