It is currently Fri Dec 15, 2017 3:03 pm

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 98 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Grenfell House Fire 
World XV Player

Post Re: Grenfell House Fire
Thegrimriper wrote:
welshy34 wrote:
Good advert for outsourcing to private firms all this isn't it. :D
All the ones that require cladding removed are council flats, the council blocks of flats sold off to private developers which are not included in the findings have been recladded with the appropriate fire rated cladding ironic eh! funny how the tenant and the owner are treated differently, yet the government are demanding that landlords are registered so that the "Bad" landlords can be brought to book, I wonder if this will include councils and the private sector who charge vastly inflated rents.

Don't think that we should damn 'outsourcing' per se ... it's how and why it's managed.

Wed Jun 28, 2017 11:23 am
Site Admin

Tony Panties wrote:
Thegrimriper wrote:
welshy34 wrote:
All the ones that require cladding removed are council flats, the council blocks of flats sold off to private developers which are not included in the findings have been recladded with the appropriate fire rated cladding ironic eh! funny how the tenant and the owner are treated differently, yet the government are demanding that landlords are registered so that the "Bad" landlords can be brought to book, I wonder if this will include councils and the private sector who charge vastly inflated rents.

Don't think that we should damn 'outsourcing' per se ... it's how and why it's managed.
The regs apply whomever carries out the works, it seems from testing reports that the original testing of product was not extensive enough under lab condistions, there's a supprise.

Wed Jun 28, 2017 11:28 am
Profile E-mail
International Player

Given that so many (100%?) of the buildings tested so far have apparently fallen down on hitherto satisfactory requirements, do we now have to suspect that government/local authorities are guilty of moving the goalposts? Wouldn't be the first time the powers that be have changed the rules retrospectively in order to minimise their culpability. Or are they just belatedly realising that existing laws and regulations must be properly enforced?

Have the regulatory bodies been incredibly lax when it came to tests and inspections? To what extent are the achitects and construction companies who designed and built these buildings liable for these disastrous shortcomings?

Wed Jun 28, 2017 12:14 pm
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

Shock

Inquiry not to be as wide ranging as residents hoped

https://twitter.com/BBCBreaking/status/ ... 3024004097

Thu Jun 29, 2017 1:44 pm
World XV Player

Fids the Blindside wrote:
Shock

Inquiry not to be as wide ranging as residents hoped

https://twitter.com/BBCBreaking/status/ ... 3024004097

A lot will depend on later results eg Coroners reports etc unlawful killing potential aspect etc?

In fairness to this Judge appointment he is apparently very well versed on technical issues and a lot of the enquiry will be extent of malpractice on technical issues.

There's obvious concern resulting from poor track record e.g Sheffield and the stop start Child Abuse fiasco.

I just hope that those examples will dominate and full scope will transpire, any subterfuge will only further do for the current Govt, remembering too that May was instrumental in the Child Abuse failure.

The Orgreave example still stands out! :angry4:

Thu Jun 29, 2017 5:08 pm
British & Irish Lions Player

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/201 ... ever-stunt

Sat Jul 01, 2017 12:55 pm
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

Thegrimriper wrote:
Tony Panties wrote:
Thegrimriper wrote:
welshy34 wrote:

The regs apply whomever carries out the works, it seems from testing reports that the original testing of product was not extensive enough under lab condistions, there's a supprise.

... but a week ago papers' were saying that the stuff was illegal!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Who told them that? and why now are they quiet ??

Some one is telling massive porkies and not getting picked up on it!

Who is big enough to shut the tabloids up?

Answer that and you'll find the culprits.

Sat Jul 01, 2017 3:03 pm
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

President elect Mudoch decides what does and what doesn't get printed/broadcast etc

Sun Jul 02, 2017 5:09 pm
World XV Player

Residents dont trust Judge nominated to lead Inquiry and London Mayor supports them and urges the Judge to improve the relations.....

Is this justified so early in the event?

The Judge does seem to personify Establishnent background but I pose the question ...is this sensible procedure?

Shouldn't there be given time to judge relations before seemingly acting on impression?

Of course one recognises previous failures and therefore understands suspicions but ....?

Just an opinion ....and open Q

Tue Jul 04, 2017 9:17 pm
World XV Player

Do you mean leave it till it's too late to do anything about it .

Tue Jul 04, 2017 9:26 pm
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

jimcardiff wrote:

It seems to me that the establishment will put one or two of their prefered defenders in first.

Look how Lord Mersey defended the owners of the titanic!

As a rule in life .. first put up by the government is a stool pigeon bound to be defeated ...

..next is a darn sight more sneaky.

Tue Jul 04, 2017 9:58 pm
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

14 families haven't been rehoused according to the Councillor on the BBC this morning.

The BBC reporter went for the jugular - "When are you going to rehouse them?"

2 minutes later - after describing the predicament that the council is in - the Councillor effectively said, "Some of these families will be rehoused in the near future but some rehousing will take a little longer because of family circumstances".

Yes. Quite.

It's amazing what you find in some flats ..... human and animal and other stuff.

Wed Jul 05, 2017 7:56 am
World XV Player

jimcardiff wrote:

It has only just started and imo too early to condemn/criticise the appointment.
No firm evidence?
It has been noted that perhaps there isn't a fit in this case but it is very complex ...personal and social issues, criminal law and very technical analysis and detail.

Of course we don't want the failings of recent examples but, imo, we do need to ensure impartiality and not kpow tow to the other end of the spectrum and let apparently injured parties dominate?

Very difficult and I believe that Khan should ensure impartiality and not what seems to be a reflex opinion.

That's all?

Wed Jul 05, 2017 8:56 am
World XV Player

repeat sorry..

Wed Jul 05, 2017 8:57 am
thread ruining clique

On what basis do you think that maybe this time they'll finally do things fairly and properly?

Wed Jul 05, 2017 9:20 am
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 98 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next