It is currently Fri Oct 20, 2017 7:52 am

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 64 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Snowy 
World XV Player

Post Re: Snowy
Tony Panties wrote:
SimplyRed wrote:
Tony Panties wrote:
Remember Henri Flexion?
He was an avid welsh rugby fan and bon viveur ...
Met up with him a few times ..good guy and popular on here.
Think he said that he was leaving to concentrate on an Open Uni degree course ....

Yes he was a decent fella.

First met him in a SCumV meet up in Swansea, Ospreys played at St Helens ...that's how long ago it was.
Cotton Top was there too ... he's disappeared as well ..

Cotton top one of the knobs that threatened this board at one point

Fri Jun 23, 2017 4:19 pm
Profile E-mail WWW
World XV Player

SimplyRed wrote:
Hugh Jordan and I good mates now posted as glyndwr but rarely on here now.

I remember Glyndwr well .. a passionate Welshman, well informed chap .. and singer ... sang in choir at MS I remember.

Fri Jun 23, 2017 4:23 pm
World XV Player

Tony Panties wrote:
SimplyRed wrote:

I remember Glyndwr well .. a passionate Welshman, well informed chap .. and singer ... sang in choir at MS I remember.

So he didn't disagree with you ?

Fri Jun 23, 2017 4:40 pm
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

Tony Panties wrote:
SimplyRed wrote:

Yes...he hasn't changed!!

Fri Jun 23, 2017 5:09 pm
Profile E-mail WWW
World XV Player

Oh I assumed all these people were still around posting under different pseudonyms. Leighton the passionate Welsh man living in the Wirral was another.

Always worry about these threads in case there is terrible news about them. A guy who I really got on with on a now defunct boxing forum...we used to email each other quite regularly, but I only knew him as Mike.then he suddenly stopped replying...found out last month he'd died of a massive heart attack 5 years ago.

Fri Jun 23, 2017 5:42 pm
World XV Player

Leighton ..wow that's a rave from the grave ... very true to his conscience ... pound to a penny he is still here somewhere :-)

Berlin Warrior, What A Guy ... I was rat assed with my brother at the end of a Scotland game and off a sudden he smiles in my face and says 'Hi Stalisman' ... how awesome is that?

We live in a wonderful world.

Sat Jun 24, 2017 4:44 pm
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

stujones1 wrote:
Oh I assumed all these people were still around posting under different pseudonyms. Leighton the passionate Welsh man living in the Wirral was another.

Always worry about these threads in case there is terrible news about them. A guy who I really got on with on a now defunct boxing forum...we used to email each other quite regularly, but I only knew him as Mike.then he suddenly stopped replying...found out last month he'd died of a massive heart attack 5 years ago.

Still here stu!

Sun Jun 25, 2017 8:06 am
Profile E-mail WWW
World XV Player

I thought you were holding back the years

Can we have a travel ban on Americans until the government can work out what the hell is happening

Sun Jun 25, 2017 4:39 pm
World XV Player

Nobody has mentioned Steff. He knows more about rugby than the rest of us put together plus could easy kick our arses cos we are old men and stuff. I mean im not that old. younger than you **** anyway.

Sun Jun 25, 2017 5:35 pm
World XV Player

LLanrumneyOik wrote:
Leighton ..wow that's a rave from the grave ... very true to his conscience ... pound to a penny he is still here somewhere :-)

Berlin Warrior, What A Guy ... I was rat assed with my brother at the end of a Scotland game and off a sudden he smiles in my face and says 'Hi Stalisman' ... how awesome is that?

Jesus was you Stalisman .... i used to enjoy his posts :)

"Business!' cried the Ghost, wringing its hands again. "Mankind was my business; charity, mercy, forbearance, and benevolence, were, all, my business. The deals of my trade were but a drop of water in the comprehensive ocean of my business!”
“None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free.”
"The price of anything is the amount of life you exchange for

Sun Jun 25, 2017 7:24 pm
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

Snowy lost his son in unexpected and sad circumstances.

He was given a sabbatical from the board after his behaviour became (understandably) erratic, and he never came back.

Mon Jun 26, 2017 4:52 pm
Profile E-mail WWW
World XV Player

Blindside wrote:
LLanrumneyOik wrote:

Sure was and still am I grew up in LLanrumney hence the name.

I don't walk on water any more though :D

Mon Jun 26, 2017 5:43 pm
Profile E-mail
Site Admin

LLanrumneyOik wrote:
Blindside wrote:
LLanrumneyOik wrote:

Sure was and still am I grew up in LLanrumney hence the name.

I don't walk on water any more though :D
You do :thefinger:

Mon Jun 26, 2017 5:49 pm
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

woooo that's a clever one!

:kermit:

Mon Jun 26, 2017 6:15 pm
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

Blindside wrote:
I cant remember a Snowy :scratch:

What did happen to Studmuffin, i was told he converted to Islam and was selling prayer mats in Cardiff Market :dontknow:

Slartibartfarst also springs to mind.

Snowy had a few incarnations mate, his main name for most of the time, was 'Wupert' - TBH, I had a helluva lot of time for him but, (as some do) there were more posters he rubbed-up the wrong way than many other posters!! But, speak as you find, I met him in the flesh just the once (with his Missus?) and I found him to be an absolute diamond, as was his nearest & dearest! He was also, quite 'famous' in the sporting world, and his wife too, was a former International in her sport? (Someone will correct me but I seem to recall she was an International Hockey player - As in, up to Olympic standard??)

Bit of tough luck for you then, old chap. I really don't give a toss about your perceived sensibilities!!

Mon Jul 17, 2017 10:17 am
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 64 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next