It is currently Tue Dec 12, 2017 5:43 am




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 11 posts ] 
Logan 
Author Message
World XV Player
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jul 16, 2005 3:15 pm
Posts: 9512
Post Logan
Just watched it. Very good film, better than any other wolverine film. Great way they made him seem more human.

_________________
We dive for pearls in the ocean and ignore the jewels within - me


Sun Apr 30, 2017 10:33 pm
Profile
World XV Player

Joined: Sat Feb 13, 2010 9:31 pm
Posts: 9678
Post Re: Logan
It was ok imo

Ending was cheesy and seemed rushed

It's based on the comics of "old man Logan" and the reason he seems more human is because his mutant powers of healing are on the wain. He's also dying because of the adamantium skeleton is poisioning him

Sony will probably carry the films on with the girl as X-23. Hopefully MCU get the rights to the x men and Logan one day though.


Mon May 01, 2017 9:19 am
Profile E-mail
World XV Player
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jul 16, 2005 3:15 pm
Posts: 9512
Post Re: Logan
Prys#1 wrote:
It was ok imo

Ending was cheesy and seemed rushed

It's based on the comics of "old man Logan" and the reason he seems more human is because his mutant powers of healing are on the wain. He's also dying because of the adamantium skeleton is poisioning him

Sony will probably carry the films on with the girl as X-23. Hopefully MCU get the rights to the x men and Logan one day though.

Apparently they had a couple of endings and Jackman was persuaded by the director to end it. Jackman has a lot of input into the films and he wanted to do a grittier film for adults.

I dont think its the end of the wolverine character, this was one of the many stories and there are lots of alternative timelines to these. If the character does return it may be resuming after he is released in the xmen apocalypse film.

I cant see Downey Jr doing many more Iron men as he's 53 so they'll have to consider changing him. Spiderman seems to be like a rubber ball.

Thor looks good.

_________________
We dive for pearls in the ocean and ignore the jewels within - me


Thu May 04, 2017 10:48 pm
Profile
World XV Player

Joined: Sat Feb 13, 2010 9:31 pm
Posts: 9678
Post Re: Logan
Fox currently own the rights to x-men and Jackman has said he wouldn't return, so that would mean re casting for the role which considering how good jackman has been as wolverine (probably the only good thing about the x men movies) would be a huge risk. They should have gone the route of a more adult Wolverine from the start, although been as X men started to comic book films off I suspect it would have been a huge risk to do so back then

He did say that he would have returned IF the MCU got back the rights for the character. Shame that doesn't look even close though

RDJ is contracted until the 4th avengers, similar to Chris Evans (Captain America) and my guess is one or even both will die in those films and the MCU will reboot the avengers with new characters, similar to the comics in which there are new Iron Man (a girl) and Captain America (could be either the winter soldier or falcon). My guess is Captain Marvel, Black Panther and Ant man will be the new leads in any new Avengers films in phase 4 of the MCU? Although they have said they're considering going a different route after phase 4?

Hopefully one day the MCU will get back the rights to X-Men and Fantastic 4, the new Spider-Man all ready looks better than what Sony has attempted over the last 15 years and looks much more like the comics.


Fri May 05, 2017 10:45 am
Profile E-mail
World XV Player
User avatar

Joined: Sat Aug 29, 2009 6:41 am
Posts: 6068
Location: Centurion, South Africa
Post Re: Logan
I really enjoyed the change of pace and brutality of 'Logan'. The ending was a little flat imo but overall the movie was great.
I'm quite happy we got what we got, but I also wouldn't be against an ugly little runt of a fighter-like character for Wolverine next, rather than the model'ish tall Jackman. I don't really like him, but someone like Tom Hardy would be cool I think.

However, I wonder if they would recast so soon. Probably X23 in a team up film...

I love the MCU but I can't imagine how gentle and soft Wolverine would be in that universe :D
Regarding the next 'Avengers' film (Infinity War), it is a two part, and they are being coy about the title, saying it's spoilery. I'm assuming 'Secret Avengers' maybe, with them still on the run from Civil War.

_________________
Burpity burp burp


Sat May 06, 2017 10:00 am
Profile
World XV Player

Joined: Sat Feb 13, 2010 9:31 pm
Posts: 9678
Post Re: Logan
TheSmurf wrote:
I really enjoyed the change of pace and brutality of 'Logan'. The ending was a little flat imo but overall the movie was great.
I'm quite happy we got what we got, but I also wouldn't be against an ugly little runt of a fighter-like character for Wolverine next, rather than the model'ish tall Jackman. I don't really like him, but someone like Tom Hardy would be cool I think.

However, I wonder if they would recast so soon. Probably X23 in a team up film...

I love the MCU but I can't imagine how gentle and soft Wolverine would be in that universe :D
Regarding the next 'Avengers' film (Infinity War), it is a two part, and they are being coy about the title, saying it's spoilery. I'm assuming 'Secret Avengers' maybe, with them still on the run from Civil War.

:D

Yeah very true about wolverine in the MCU!

I think they'll go with X23 for a bit and perhaps put all their eggs into deadpool, which I didn't the no was that good tbh? Was decent but I recently rewatched it and didn't think it was as good as I first thought...

Jackman wasn't the first choice to play wolverine initially it was Dougray Scott, but he chose to play the bad guy in mission impossible 2.... :D

Like you say they should stick more to the comics and have a smaller (in size) and rough and ready type, Ben Foster would be my pick, think he could pull it off really well

As for the next avengers, I think a few could be gone before the 4th? Iron Man, Captain America, Vision..... Hawkeye :D

As you can tell i liked my comics.... :D


Sat May 06, 2017 10:19 am
Profile E-mail
World XV Player
User avatar

Joined: Sat Aug 29, 2009 6:41 am
Posts: 6068
Location: Centurion, South Africa
Post Re: Logan
Ben Foster...... Are you serious?
Since he's already been (one of the) Angel(s) in The Last Stand, happily this will never happen.
But just based on that film, Warcraft and Google images, I can see zero, quite possibly even *fupp* all resemblance to Wolverine :thefinger:
On a purely physical level, Wolverine's forehead should never, ever be a fivehead.

Warcraft being a guilty pleasure and watching a few episodes of Vikings, I kinda think Travis Fimmel would be pretty good too. But my lottery winning pick is Hardy. But he'd never do it.

_________________
Burpity burp burp


Sat May 06, 2017 1:54 pm
Profile
World XV Player

Joined: Sat Feb 13, 2010 9:31 pm
Posts: 9678
Post Re: Logan
Totally forgot about last stand :shock: ...... easy to see why though :D awful film and by far the worst x men film..... and that's saying something!

I think he'd be a good wolverine and be a lot more true to the comics. Can't imagine what you think of channum Tatum as gamibit :D

Haven't seen Warcraft, never played the game and don't fancy it. Looks pretty shit?


Sat May 06, 2017 7:10 pm
Profile E-mail
World XV Player
User avatar

Joined: Mon Sep 05, 2011 12:53 pm
Posts: 5959
Post Re: Logan
Berry was awesome tho


Sat May 06, 2017 7:33 pm
Profile E-mail
World XV Player
User avatar

Joined: Sat Aug 29, 2009 6:41 am
Posts: 6068
Location: Centurion, South Africa
Post Re: Logan
Prys#1 wrote:
Totally forgot about last stand :shock: ...... easy to see why though :D awful film and by far the worst x men film..... and that's saying something!

I think he'd be a good wolverine and be a lot more true to the comics. Can't imagine what you think of channum Tatum as gamibit :D

Haven't seen Warcraft, never played the game and don't fancy it. Looks pretty shit?

I personally thought Apocalypse was the worst. The Last Stand is also pretty craptastic.

Warcraft was rather shit but I enjoyed it nonetheless.
I think Channing Tatum would fail dismally at playing Channing Tatum in a film called "A day in the life of Channing Tatum". But I don't really care about Gambit so yeah.

You watch soccer. And wouldn't mind Ben Foster as Wolverine.
Do you eat kids and like the haka too by any chance?

_________________
Burpity burp burp


Sat May 06, 2017 8:03 pm
Profile
World XV Player

Joined: Sat Feb 13, 2010 9:31 pm
Posts: 9678
Post Re: Logan
TheSmurf wrote:
Prys#1 wrote:
Totally forgot about last stand :shock: ...... easy to see why though :D awful film and by far the worst x men film..... and that's saying something!

I think he'd be a good wolverine and be a lot more true to the comics. Can't imagine what you think of channum Tatum as gamibit :D

Haven't seen Warcraft, never played the game and don't fancy it. Looks pretty shit?

I personally thought Apocalypse was the worst. The Last Stand is also pretty craptastic.

Warcraft was rather shit but I enjoyed it nonetheless.
I think Channing Tatum would fail dismally at playing Channing Tatum in a film called "A day in the life of Channing Tatum". But I don't really care about Gambit so yeah.

You watch soccer. And wouldn't mind Ben Foster as Wolverine.
Do you eat kids and like the haka too by any chance?

Yeah apocalypse is right up there for shittness tbf. Last stand pissed me off because it ruined a very good story line of the Phoenix (they're rebooting it for x men 7 :roll: )

Gambit was a decent character but not someone I'd think they'd make a film franchise about.... especially with Tatum as the lead!?

The new deadpool has cable in it (josh brolin and who of course is also playing thanos in the mcu) so that should be decent. Hopefully Reynolds won't be too annoying though?!


Sun May 07, 2017 11:15 am
Profile E-mail
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 11 posts ] 


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
cron