It is currently Thu Jul 20, 2017 5:24 pm

SAS-Rogue Warriors 
World XV Player

Post SAS-Rogue Warriors
What a record of SAS exploits and characters. Classic TV.

Tue Feb 14, 2017 9:05 pm
World XV Player

Post Re: SAS-Rogue Warriors
You might like this too

Thu Feb 16, 2017 6:32 pm
World XV Player

Great tv. Great seeing the original recruits being interviewed in the 80's, fascinating stuff. Surprising how much resistance they came up against by their own countries armed forces.

Sun Feb 19, 2017 9:55 pm
World XV Player

New idea's or just o the hoof idea's will always be met with some trepidation.

FWIW, when I was involved with them they still made the corridors of power quake.

The CO when I was there actually had a call from Tony Blair. It was along the lines of, Rommel (his nick name) great idea but I will decide our countries foreign policy. Iraq (Syria) 2006.

The trouble is, the whole 'black' machine see's things at ground level, mission first second and third. Sometimes they need reigning in by the political masters but sometimes that reigning in is wrong. For instance.

if you look at the rescue of Noman Kember, that was fall out from the hunt for Al-Zarqawi. Sergeant Major B Sqn* said *fupp* it when they got the int on where they were and went for it, Kember and the 2 Canadians were a priority but not THE priority. They will do what is right, if they can.

*Billy was in the SAS selection show on recently.

Sun Feb 19, 2017 10:42 pm
World XV Player

Problem is they can be used by the government for the wrong outcomes - Thatcher wanted to use them for the prison riots. I dont think this is their remit. Yes you are right, they do make the powers in whitehall quake because of their power. I'm watching special forces ultimate hell week - its watered down of course but still very tough. You can see how they look for the reactions to stress and pressure; you can physically train for a marathon but that is running from point to point and there is psychological pressure, however the pressure they are put under in this training is non-stop and they look for the breaking points.

Wed Feb 22, 2017 12:00 pm