It is currently Mon Mar 27, 2017 9:28 pm




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 27 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
A & E TURNAROUND 
Author Message
World XV Player
User avatar

Joined: Thu May 06, 2004 5:40 pm
Posts: 57319
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Post Re: A & E TURNAROUND
Fids the Blindside wrote:
having never broke an arm that last post as sent shivers down my spine.



Having broken my right arm 3 times, I can say it was amazing how the other arm adapted when needed...I guess having a bigger target helps.. ;)

_________________
We are all in the gutter but me and my mam are looking at the stars!


Sun Jan 29, 2017 8:00 pm
Profile
thread ruining clique
User avatar

Joined: Thu Sep 20, 2007 5:26 pm
Posts: 17646
Location: Dinbych
Post Re: A & E TURNAROUND
Langland Exile wrote:
Fids the Blindside wrote:
having never broke an arm that last post as sent shivers down my spine.



Having broken my right arm 3 times, I can say it was amazing how the other arm adapted when needed...I guess having a bigger target helps.. ;)

They say it feels like someone else is doing it if you use your left hand. I never tried it - I'm not that kinky.

_________________
Can't you see? It all makes perfect sense.
Expressed in dollars and cents, pounds shillings and pence.


Sun Jan 29, 2017 8:11 pm
Profile
World XV Player
User avatar

Joined: Tue Apr 27, 2004 7:28 pm
Posts: 10621
Location: Plymouth
Post Re: A & E TURNAROUND
Langland Exile wrote:
Fids the Blindside wrote:
having never broke an arm that last post as sent shivers down my spine.



Having broken my right arm 3 times, I can say it was amazing how the other arm adapted when needed...I guess having a bigger target helps.. ;)

I am pretty ambidextrous in most things, I can write, play squash, lift my pint, etc with either hand. This is an ability which sadly does not extend to wiping my arse

_________________
Just for one moment I thought I'd found my way, then destiny unfolded, and I watched it slip away


Mon Jan 30, 2017 10:23 am
Profile E-mail WWW
World XV Player
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 03, 2012 9:42 am
Posts: 3890
Post Re: A & E TURNAROUND
back in the days of wire coat hangers, you could cut a twist from one to wedge a clump of paper into and "get it from below", but wire coat hangers, like all useful things seem to have gone.

_________________
.
Live for ever or die trying


Mon Jan 30, 2017 1:27 pm
Profile E-mail
World XV Player
User avatar

Joined: Mon May 15, 2006 6:35 pm
Posts: 16736
Location: Vancouver Island BC Canada
Post Re: A & E TURNAROUND
soap wrote:
back in the days of wire coat hangers, you could cut a twist from one to wedge a clump of paper into and "get it from below", but wire coat hangers, like all useful things seem to have gone.


Funny enough, 'invented' mainly from one of those coat hangers you mention, one of the most useful gadgets (been as we're on the subject of one-handed arse-wiping!) and found at most 'Disability Aids' shops/online, is the very thing? One of my step sons (who weighs in excess of 640lb!!) buys them in bulk (pretty much!) and it's actually, the only way an obese person can wipe the aforementioned area (with varying degrees of success!) that is of course, when said obese person bothers to use said implement!
I understand that those in most need of them, are the ones most unlikely to use one! Most, apparently, stick to the tried & tested, pull your pants-up, then your trousers, and say fukkit!!

This is one kind:

Image

Or, you can also buy one 2nd hand (or pre-owned to be politically correct in this particular case?)

Image

_________________
"I have to say, I find that offensive toward (insert cause/belief)"

Bit of tough luck for you then, old chap. I really don't give a toss about your perceived sensibilities!!


Mon Jan 30, 2017 9:44 pm
Profile
World XV Player
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 03, 2012 9:42 am
Posts: 3890
Post Re: A & E TURNAROUND
Image


During Roman times it was done with a sponge in a split stick, which is where I got the idea from.

Some poor slave had to clean them :pottytrain5:

_________________
.
Live for ever or die trying


Mon Jan 30, 2017 10:17 pm
Profile E-mail
World XV Player
User avatar

Joined: Thu Feb 19, 2015 10:37 pm
Posts: 8034
Post Re: A & E TURNAROUND
Otto wrote:

Funny enough, 'invented' mainly from one of those coat hangers you mention, one of the most useful gadgets (been as we're on the subject of one-handed arse-wiping!)


Do you use 2 hands then?

_________________
ImageEasy to consider past and present, it's the future and associated plan and strategy to achieve that takes the talent ..


Tue Jan 31, 2017 8:52 am
Profile
World XV Player
User avatar

Joined: Thu May 06, 2004 5:40 pm
Posts: 57319
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Post Re: A & E TURNAROUND
Otto wrote:
soap wrote:
back in the days of wire coat hangers, you could cut a twist from one to wedge a clump of paper into and "get it from below", but wire coat hangers, like all useful things seem to have gone.


Funny enough, 'invented' mainly from one of those coat hangers you mention, one of the most useful gadgets (been as we're on the subject of one-handed arse-wiping!) and found at most 'Disability Aids' shops/online, is the very thing? One of my step sons (who weighs in excess of 640lb!!) buys them in bulk (pretty much!) and it's actually, the only way an obese person can wipe the aforementioned area (with varying degrees of success!) that is of course, when said obese person bothers to use said implement!
I understand that those in most need of them, are the ones most unlikely to use one! Most, apparently, stick to the tried & tested, pull your pants-up, then your trousers, and say fukkit!!

This is one kind:

Image

Or, you can also buy one 2nd hand (or pre-owned to be politically correct in this particular case?)

Image


Maybe the pre-owned one is better for France? :P :twisted: :D

_________________
We are all in the gutter but me and my mam are looking at the stars!


Tue Jan 31, 2017 5:52 pm
Profile
World XV Player
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 03, 2012 9:42 am
Posts: 3890
Post Re: A & E TURNAROUND
You buy second hand stuff and you usually end up with someone else's shit

_________________
.
Live for ever or die trying


Tue Jan 31, 2017 5:58 pm
Profile E-mail
World XV Player
User avatar

Joined: Thu May 06, 2004 5:40 pm
Posts: 57319
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Post Re: A & E TURNAROUND
soap wrote:
You buy second hand stuff and you usually end up with someone else's shit


:thumbup: :D

_________________
We are all in the gutter but me and my mam are looking at the stars!


Wed Feb 01, 2017 3:21 pm
Profile
World XV Player
User avatar

Joined: Mon May 15, 2006 6:35 pm
Posts: 16736
Location: Vancouver Island BC Canada
Post Re: A & E TURNAROUND
Tony Panties wrote:
Otto wrote:

Funny enough, 'invented' mainly from one of those coat hangers you mention, one of the most useful gadgets (been as we're on the subject of one-handed arse-wiping!)


Do you use 2 hands then?


Bugger!! I didn't see this!! :D

Caught-out on a simple hand-job!! :D

_________________
"I have to say, I find that offensive toward (insert cause/belief)"

Bit of tough luck for you then, old chap. I really don't give a toss about your perceived sensibilities!!


Tue Feb 07, 2017 12:33 pm
Profile
World XV Player
User avatar

Joined: Sun Aug 12, 2007 11:09 am
Posts: 13198
Post Re: A & E TURNAROUND
Tony Panties wrote:
Fell on pavement in town this am about 11 30 got to local A&E at about midday, broken arm diagnosed, xray etc and plastered and out at 13:30;

PS Fall and plastered not connected :D

Not bad eh?


Just seeing this, that turnaround sounds fantastic, does anyone know what the turnaround for something similar in the UK/Wales would be ?

How long does the plaster stay on for Tel ?, are you on the mend ?

_________________
As a scummer once said 'we dont produce anything and live meaningless lives doing meaningless jobs just to payback money that never really existed in the first place'.


Fri Feb 17, 2017 12:48 am
Profile
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 27 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to: