It is currently Tue Aug 22, 2017 4:02 pm

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 54 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
On this day 
British & Irish Lions Player

Post Re: On this day
10 years ago today Ospreys beat Australia 24-16

Tue Nov 01, 2016 3:52 pm
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

be honest? who gives a shit? those Ospreys been DoDo's for years now?

Better than Newport but hardly worth while?

Thu Nov 03, 2016 11:01 pm
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

One this day 12 months ago, Icey, Blindside and myself braved the elements on Pen y Fan

Sat Nov 12, 2016 6:33 pm
World XV Player

Fids the Blindside wrote:
One this day 12 months ago, Icey, Blindside and myself braved the elements on Pen y Fan.

Aye, that picture is in my collection, Fids.

He's missed some political upheaval hasn't he?

Sun Nov 13, 2016 7:29 am
World XV Player

Cancer got him in the end but a combination of Brexit and Trump would have had a good go :D .

Sun Nov 13, 2016 1:07 pm
World XV Player

RIP Bob, this place isnt the same without you mate :(

Sun Nov 13, 2016 1:29 pm
World XV Player

End of the battle of the Somme

Report on BBC today stated : 1 man lost for every inch of territory gained ...

War to end all wars mind, apologies for the sarcasm and the post is intended to 'Remember them' !! :thumbup:

http://www.bbc.com/news/uk-38022340

Fri Nov 18, 2016 6:33 pm
World XV Player

In 1931, a small brewery at Felinfoel in Llanelli was the first brewery outside the USA to commerically can beer. Prior to this time, beer was only available in barrels or in glass bottles.. Felinfoel Brewery was a major supplier to British armed forces abroad in the Second World War - cans saved a great deal of space and weight for wartime exports compared to glass bottles, and didn't have to be returned for refilling. These early cans didn't have a 'pull tab', instead they had a 'crown cork' (beer bottle top). All modern UK canned beer is descended from these small, early cans which helped change the drinking and beer-buying habits of the British public. From the 18th century until the early 20th century Wales dominated world tinplate production, peaking in the early 1890s when 80% of world's tinplate was produced in south Wales.

Sat Dec 03, 2016 6:52 pm
Profile E-mail
British & Irish Lions Player

Llew wrote:
In 1931, a small brewery at Felinfoel in Llanelli was the first brewery outside the USA to commerically can beer. Prior to this time, beer was only available in barrels or in glass bottles.. Felinfoel Brewery was a major supplier to British armed forces abroad in the Second World War - cans saved a great deal of space and weight for wartime exports compared to glass bottles, and didn't have to be returned for refilling. These early cans didn't have a 'pull tab', instead they had a 'crown cork' (beer bottle top). All modern UK canned beer is descended from these small, early cans which helped change the drinking and beer-buying habits of the British public. From the 18th century until the early 20th century Wales dominated world tinplate production, peaking in the early 1890s when 80% of world's tinplate was produced in south Wales.

Brewery is still there and a tinplate plant
is just down the road but technically it is not tinplate anymore.

Sat Dec 03, 2016 7:08 pm
World XV Player

Only drank the stuff once, it was christened feelin' foul the day after

Mon Dec 05, 2016 3:14 pm
World XV Player

Thegrimriper wrote:
ICEverything wrote:
Swansea kept that one quiet.
Great achievements never need shouting about, bragging only shows you up for what you are.
:thumbup:

Mon Dec 05, 2016 3:42 pm
World XV Player

One this day 12 months ago, Icey, Blindside and myself braved the elements on Pen y Fan

Just noticed this. I think about Bob quite a bit. We had some good chats on the forum and via pm. Wished we had met up to be honest, but meeting Fids and Blindside was a good close second. :D

Here's to Bob. :occasion5:

Tue Dec 06, 2016 1:27 pm
World XV Player

In December 1905, national anthem was sung for the first time before a sporting fixture when Wales faced New Zealand at Cardiff Arms Park. After the All Blacks had performed their customary haka, the Welsh team in a pre planned response, started to sing the national anthem. The home supporters soon joined in, with the result that "Hen Wlad Fy Nhadau" echoed around the stadium in one of the greatest emotional moments in sport. We beat the all blacks that day 3-0.

Sat Dec 17, 2016 12:52 am
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

Only drank the stuff once, it was christened feelin' foul the day after

Apparently, the Home Guard had an exercise with the regular army in 1942-ish in the Dafen area, and my late uncle was the NCO for the army lot. He found out in advance that the POW holding area for the exercise was the Felinfoel brewery, and he was was the first man taken prisoner at 8.45am :D

Sat Dec 17, 2016 1:25 am
World XV Player

In 1945 at Cefneithin the King was born, also known as Barry John. Schooled at Cefneithin and later Gwendraeth, & Trinity college Carmarthen. John began his rugby career at Cefneithin rfc, before making his first appearance for Llanelli on 4th January 1964. That was the start of a journey which saw him move to Cardiff, achieving Welsh and Lions honours. A true legend of the game.........Penblwydd Hapus.

Fri Jan 06, 2017 11:33 am
Profile E-mail
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 54 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next