It is currently Tue Dec 12, 2017 7:03 pm

Welsh retreat 
World XV Player

Post Re: Welsh retreat
I was wrong,I did a bad thing, I was a naughty boy , is that enough , it was on tour and it did not stay on tour , so really not my fault.

Thu Jul 07, 2016 7:03 pm
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

A big boy made you do it and run away :D

Thu Jul 07, 2016 7:06 pm
World XV Player

A big girl actually

Thu Jul 07, 2016 7:07 pm
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

jimcardiff wrote:
I was wrong,I did a bad thing, I was a naughty boy , is that enough , it was on tour and it did not stay on tour , so really not my fault.

Can we move this to the top secret section mods ... i was only teasing you :shock: :D

I am not going to spill any guilty secrets, but i can tell you it took a lot longer than a weekend to get over mine :| :blackeye:

"Business!' cried the Ghost, wringing its hands again. "Mankind was my business; charity, mercy, forbearance, and benevolence, were, all, my business. The deals of my trade were but a drop of water in the comprehensive ocean of my business!”
“None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free.”
"The price of anything is the amount of life you exchange for

Thu Jul 07, 2016 8:14 pm
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

If you are out West (Carmarthen/Llandeilo way) and want a place to treat the other half to a decent meal, you won't do better than Y Polyn.

Fabulous meals made from fresh local produce, at incredibly low prices for food of this standard (Only £25 for 3 filling courses). A really adventurous wine list (also very reasonably priced) and a really welcoming, relaxed atmosphere with friendly yet unobtrusive staff.

I cannot recommend it highly enough, I haven't had a better meal in Wales. You will have to book though, it is popular.

http://ypolyn.co.uk/

Thu Jul 07, 2016 10:33 pm
World XV Player

jimcardiff wrote:

I feel that.
These days it's what goes on tour, ends up on Facebook.

“Imagination is more important than knowledge. For knowledge is limited to all we now know and understand, while imagination embraces the entire world, and all there ever will be to know and understand.”

Albert Einstein

Fri Jul 08, 2016 2:16 pm
Profile YIM
World XV Player

CarmarthenLad wrote:
If you are out West (Carmarthen/Llandeilo way) and want a place to treat the other half to a decent meal, you won't do better than Y Polyn.

Fabulous meals made from fresh local produce, at incredibly low prices for food of this standard (Only £25 for 3 filling courses). A really adventurous wine list (also very reasonably priced) and a really welcoming, relaxed atmosphere with friendly yet unobtrusive staff.

I cannot recommend it highly enough, I haven't had a better meal in Wales. You will have to book though, it is popular.

:thumbright:

Maybe a stop off on our way home?

“Imagination is more important than knowledge. For knowledge is limited to all we now know and understand, while imagination embraces the entire world, and all there ever will be to know and understand.”

Albert Einstein

Fri Jul 08, 2016 2:17 pm
Profile YIM
World XV Player

I remember LLangranog ... round tents with wooden stakes on the tie ropes ... Swogs and early breakfast and girls in tents too ... not mine their's ... idylic I think, I saw the sea and maybe the sand .. it broke my heart .. the girl from Tredegar ... I was only 11 and she wanted to be just friends .. I still remember her name I think ... well I do actually, her initials were KG and had lovely hair :-)

Fri Jul 08, 2016 4:01 pm
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

MattGaff wrote:
CarmarthenLad wrote:

Y Polyn was pipped by a couple of places by Wrights Food Emporium in the top 100 restaurants in the UK - literally 5 mins down the road - http://www.wrightsfood.co.uk/

Sat Jul 09, 2016 4:19 pm
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

Grand Moff Wilhuff Tarkin wrote:
MattGaff wrote:
CarmarthenLad wrote:

Y Polyn was pipped by a couple of places by Wrights Food Emporium in the top 100 restaurants in the UK - literally 5 mins down the road - http://www.wrightsfood.co.uk/

The founders of Y Polyn moved on to set up Wrights, which is much more of a deli with a posh cafe rather than a restaurant. Both very good, but I am VERY surprised Wrights is rated higher than Y Polyn as a restaurant. But then Sosban in Llanelli gets good write ups too,and I have been disappointed there sufficiently on a couple of occasions to have not ventured back.

"Slice" in Sketty, Swansea is another restaurant garnering UK wide praise - will try and get there in the next few weeks.

Sat Jul 09, 2016 5:35 pm
thread ruining clique

There are en suite jacuzzis at;
The Marine Hotel Aberystwyth
The Golden Pheasant, Glyn Ceiriog
Both very nice places, too.

Sun Jul 10, 2016 7:59 am
World XV Player

LLanrumneyOik wrote:
I remember LLangranog ... round tents with wooden stakes on the tie ropes ... Swogs and early breakfast and girls in tents too ... not mine their's ... idylic I think, I saw the sea and maybe the sand .. it broke my heart .. the girl from Tredegar ... I was only 11 and she wanted to be just friends .. I still remember her name I think ... well I do actually, her initials were KG and had lovely hair :-)

Went to URDD camp LLangrannog in around 1955 ... got the postcard of the bell tents etc somewhere I'll try and dig it out.
Unfortunately spent most of the week in the Sick Bay with a temp of 103+

Sun Jul 10, 2016 12:09 pm
World XV Player

Tony Panties wrote:
LLanrumneyOik wrote:

Went to URDD camp LLangrannog in around 1955 ... got the postcard of the bell tents etc somewhere I'll try and dig it out.
Unfortunately spent most of the week in the Sick Bay with a temp of 103+

Found the image ... our tent marked with the X :D

Sun Jul 10, 2016 12:30 pm
World XV Player

'Looking to The North' indeed :-)

Was there a stone Draughts Board there?

:kermit:

Sun Jul 10, 2016 2:06 pm
Profile E-mail
World XV Player