It is currently Tue Dec 12, 2017 7:03 pm




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 34 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Welsh retreat 
Author Message
World XV Player

Joined: Mon Sep 26, 2011 12:39 pm
Posts: 6780
Location: rhondda
Post Re: Welsh retreat
I was wrong,I did a bad thing, I was a naughty boy , is that enough , it was on tour and it did not stay on tour , so really not my fault.

_________________
To be born Welsh is a privilege, not with a silver spoon in your mouth but a song in your heart and poetry in your soul.


Thu Jul 07, 2016 7:03 pm
Profile E-mail
World XV Player
User avatar

Joined: Tue Apr 27, 2004 9:50 pm
Posts: 88099
Post Re: Welsh retreat
A big boy made you do it and run away :D

_________________
Be a Snowflake. Winter is coming.


Thu Jul 07, 2016 7:06 pm
Profile
World XV Player

Joined: Mon Sep 26, 2011 12:39 pm
Posts: 6780
Location: rhondda
Post Re: Welsh retreat
A big girl actually

_________________
To be born Welsh is a privilege, not with a silver spoon in your mouth but a song in your heart and poetry in your soul.


Thu Jul 07, 2016 7:07 pm
Profile E-mail
World XV Player
User avatar

Joined: Fri Dec 05, 2008 12:39 am
Posts: 11527
Location: Neath Valley
Post Re: Welsh retreat
jimcardiff wrote:
I was wrong,I did a bad thing, I was a naughty boy , is that enough , it was on tour and it did not stay on tour , so really not my fault.



Can we move this to the top secret section mods ... i was only teasing you :shock: :D

I am not going to spill any guilty secrets, but i can tell you it took a lot longer than a weekend to get over mine :| :blackeye:

_________________
"Business!' cried the Ghost, wringing its hands again. "Mankind was my business; charity, mercy, forbearance, and benevolence, were, all, my business. The deals of my trade were but a drop of water in the comprehensive ocean of my business!”
“None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free.”
"The price of anything is the amount of life you exchange for


Thu Jul 07, 2016 8:14 pm
Profile E-mail
World XV Player
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jan 02, 2012 11:56 pm
Posts: 11375
Post Re: Welsh retreat
If you are out West (Carmarthen/Llandeilo way) and want a place to treat the other half to a decent meal, you won't do better than Y Polyn.

Fabulous meals made from fresh local produce, at incredibly low prices for food of this standard (Only £25 for 3 filling courses). A really adventurous wine list (also very reasonably priced) and a really welcoming, relaxed atmosphere with friendly yet unobtrusive staff.

I cannot recommend it highly enough, I haven't had a better meal in Wales. You will have to book though, it is popular.

http://ypolyn.co.uk/


Thu Jul 07, 2016 10:33 pm
Profile
World XV Player
User avatar

Joined: Tue Oct 24, 2006 7:57 am
Posts: 2862
Location: Barry
Post Re: Welsh retreat
jimcardiff wrote:
I was wrong,I did a bad thing, I was a naughty boy , is that enough , it was on tour and it did not stay on tour , so really not my fault.


I feel that.
These days it's what goes on tour, ends up on Facebook.

_________________
“Imagination is more important than knowledge. For knowledge is limited to all we now know and understand, while imagination embraces the entire world, and all there ever will be to know and understand.”

Albert Einstein


Fri Jul 08, 2016 2:16 pm
Profile YIM
World XV Player
User avatar

Joined: Tue Oct 24, 2006 7:57 am
Posts: 2862
Location: Barry
Post Re: Welsh retreat
CarmarthenLad wrote:
If you are out West (Carmarthen/Llandeilo way) and want a place to treat the other half to a decent meal, you won't do better than Y Polyn.

Fabulous meals made from fresh local produce, at incredibly low prices for food of this standard (Only £25 for 3 filling courses). A really adventurous wine list (also very reasonably priced) and a really welcoming, relaxed atmosphere with friendly yet unobtrusive staff.

I cannot recommend it highly enough, I haven't had a better meal in Wales. You will have to book though, it is popular.

http://ypolyn.co.uk/


:thumbright:

Maybe a stop off on our way home?

_________________
“Imagination is more important than knowledge. For knowledge is limited to all we now know and understand, while imagination embraces the entire world, and all there ever will be to know and understand.”

Albert Einstein


Fri Jul 08, 2016 2:17 pm
Profile YIM
World XV Player
User avatar

Joined: Mon Sep 05, 2011 12:53 pm
Posts: 5959
Post Re: Welsh retreat
I remember LLangranog ... round tents with wooden stakes on the tie ropes ... Swogs and early breakfast and girls in tents too ... not mine their's ... idylic I think, I saw the sea and maybe the sand .. it broke my heart .. the girl from Tredegar ... I was only 11 and she wanted to be just friends .. I still remember her name I think ... well I do actually, her initials were KG and had lovely hair :-)


Fri Jul 08, 2016 4:01 pm
Profile E-mail
World XV Player
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jun 21, 2014 4:29 pm
Posts: 8167
Post Re: Welsh retreat
MattGaff wrote:
CarmarthenLad wrote:
If you are out West (Carmarthen/Llandeilo way) and want a place to treat the other half to a decent meal, you won't do better than Y Polyn.

Fabulous meals made from fresh local produce, at incredibly low prices for food of this standard (Only £25 for 3 filling courses). A really adventurous wine list (also very reasonably priced) and a really welcoming, relaxed atmosphere with friendly yet unobtrusive staff.

I cannot recommend it highly enough, I haven't had a better meal in Wales. You will have to book though, it is popular.

http://ypolyn.co.uk/


:thumbright:

Maybe a stop off on our way home?


Y Polyn was pipped by a couple of places by Wrights Food Emporium in the top 100 restaurants in the UK - literally 5 mins down the road - http://www.wrightsfood.co.uk/


Sat Jul 09, 2016 4:19 pm
Profile E-mail
World XV Player
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jan 02, 2012 11:56 pm
Posts: 11375
Post Re: Welsh retreat
Grand Moff Wilhuff Tarkin wrote:
MattGaff wrote:
CarmarthenLad wrote:
If you are out West (Carmarthen/Llandeilo way) and want a place to treat the other half to a decent meal, you won't do better than Y Polyn.

Fabulous meals made from fresh local produce, at incredibly low prices for food of this standard (Only £25 for 3 filling courses). A really adventurous wine list (also very reasonably priced) and a really welcoming, relaxed atmosphere with friendly yet unobtrusive staff.

I cannot recommend it highly enough, I haven't had a better meal in Wales. You will have to book though, it is popular.

http://ypolyn.co.uk/


:thumbright:

Maybe a stop off on our way home?


Y Polyn was pipped by a couple of places by Wrights Food Emporium in the top 100 restaurants in the UK - literally 5 mins down the road - http://www.wrightsfood.co.uk/


The founders of Y Polyn moved on to set up Wrights, which is much more of a deli with a posh cafe rather than a restaurant. Both very good, but I am VERY surprised Wrights is rated higher than Y Polyn as a restaurant. But then Sosban in Llanelli gets good write ups too,and I have been disappointed there sufficiently on a couple of occasions to have not ventured back.

"Slice" in Sketty, Swansea is another restaurant garnering UK wide praise - will try and get there in the next few weeks.


Sat Jul 09, 2016 5:35 pm
Profile
Online
thread ruining clique
User avatar

Joined: Thu Sep 20, 2007 5:26 pm
Posts: 18877
Location: Dinbych
Post Re: Welsh retreat
There are en suite jacuzzis at;
The Marine Hotel Aberystwyth
The Golden Pheasant, Glyn Ceiriog
Both very nice places, too.

_________________
I have no *fupping* idea what I'm talking about.


Sun Jul 10, 2016 7:59 am
Profile
World XV Player
User avatar

Joined: Thu Feb 19, 2015 10:37 pm
Posts: 11270
Post Re: Welsh retreat
LLanrumneyOik wrote:
I remember LLangranog ... round tents with wooden stakes on the tie ropes ... Swogs and early breakfast and girls in tents too ... not mine their's ... idylic I think, I saw the sea and maybe the sand .. it broke my heart .. the girl from Tredegar ... I was only 11 and she wanted to be just friends .. I still remember her name I think ... well I do actually, her initials were KG and had lovely hair :-)


Went to URDD camp LLangrannog in around 1955 ... got the postcard of the bell tents etc somewhere I'll try and dig it out.
Unfortunately spent most of the week in the Sick Bay with a temp of 103+

_________________
ImageEasy to consider past and present, it's the future and associated plan and strategy to achieve that takes the talent ..


Sun Jul 10, 2016 12:09 pm
Profile
World XV Player
User avatar

Joined: Thu Feb 19, 2015 10:37 pm
Posts: 11270
Post Re: Welsh retreat
Tony Panties wrote:
LLanrumneyOik wrote:
I remember LLangranog ... round tents with wooden stakes on the tie ropes ... Swogs and early breakfast and girls in tents too ... not mine their's ... idylic I think, I saw the sea and maybe the sand .. it broke my heart .. the girl from Tredegar ... I was only 11 and she wanted to be just friends .. I still remember her name I think ... well I do actually, her initials were KG and had lovely hair :-)


Went to URDD camp LLangrannog in around 1955 ... got the postcard of the bell tents etc somewhere I'll try and dig it out.
Unfortunately spent most of the week in the Sick Bay with a temp of 103+


Found the image ... our tent marked with the X :D

Image

_________________
ImageEasy to consider past and present, it's the future and associated plan and strategy to achieve that takes the talent ..


Sun Jul 10, 2016 12:30 pm
Profile
World XV Player
User avatar

Joined: Mon Sep 05, 2011 12:53 pm
Posts: 5959
Post Re: Welsh retreat
'Looking to The North' indeed :-)

Was there a stone Draughts Board there?

:kermit:


Sun Jul 10, 2016 2:06 pm
Profile E-mail
World XV Player
User avatar

Joined: Thu Feb 19, 2015 10:37 pm
Posts: 11270
Post Re: Welsh retreat
LLanrumneyOik wrote:
'Looking to The North' indeed :-)

Was there a stone Draughts Board there?

:kermit:


Seem to remember one outside the wooden canteen but wouldn't swear to it

_________________
ImageEasy to consider past and present, it's the future and associated plan and strategy to achieve that takes the talent ..


Sun Jul 10, 2016 2:41 pm
Profile
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 34 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Yahoo [Bot] and 6 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to: