:-)

Sun Jul 10, 2016 2:45 pm
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

Post Re: Welsh retreat
Tony Panties wrote:
Tony Panties wrote:
LLanrumneyOik wrote:
I remember LLangranog ... round tents with wooden stakes on the tie ropes ... Swogs and early breakfast and girls in tents too ... not mine their's ... idylic I think, I saw the sea and maybe the sand .. it broke my heart .. the girl from Tredegar ... I was only 11 and she wanted to be just friends .. I still remember her name I think ... well I do actually, her initials were KG and had lovely hair :-)

Went to URDD camp LLangrannog in around 1955 ... got the postcard of the bell tents etc somewhere I'll try and dig it out.
Unfortunately spent most of the week in the Sick Bay with a temp of 103+

Found the image ... our tent marked with the X :D

Bloody hell Tel, were your parents big into corporal punishment back then? Looks very much like that Japanese internment camp in the film, 'Empire of the Sun!' The part I recall, was when the commandant told them they were moving 600 miles to a 'Better Camp' as the fortunes of war changed, he neglected to say though, that they had to walk all the bloody way!! Turned into a death march I seem to recall, where they force-marched almost 10,000 dysentery suffering, starving POW's to an early death!!
There again though, I can't be too critical, I went to the Ogmore-by-sea, Summer school camp when I was about 12!! I knew it had cost my Mum a lot of bucks she could ill-afford, so, having suffered 8 days of cold, wet, and starvation rations, I told her when I got home, that I loved every minute of it! The last laugh was on me though, she took me at my word, and managed to stump-up enough cash to send me for another week just 3 weeks later!! I didn't fully recover until about Mid December I seem to recall! :D

Bit of tough luck for you then, old chap. I really don't give a toss about your perceived sensibilities!!

Sun Jul 17, 2016 11:33 pm
World XV Player

Tony Panties wrote:
Tony Panties wrote:
LLanrumneyOik wrote:
I remember LLangranog ... round tents with wooden stakes on the tie ropes ... Swogs and early breakfast and girls in tents too ... not mine their's ... idylic I think, I saw the sea and maybe the sand .. it broke my heart .. the girl from Tredegar ... I was only 11 and she wanted to be just friends .. I still remember her name I think ... well I do actually, her initials were KG and had lovely hair :-)

Went to URDD camp LLangrannog in around 1955 ... got the postcard of the bell tents etc somewhere I'll try and dig it out.
Unfortunately spent most of the week in the Sick Bay with a temp of 103+

Found the image ... our tent marked with the X :D

I thought that was carpet tape mending a hole in the roof :D

Mon Jul 18, 2016 10:27 am
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

C'mon mun Soap!! Put some of your photographic reminiscences up here will you!!

Nothing prior to 1932 mind, we want something a bit more modern, and 'juicy' to peruse instead of clicking-on every day, noticing that Tels tent still hasn't moved!! How about something from the mid 1940's?? Something showing you just before your hair turned grey!! :D

Bit of tough luck for you then, old chap. I really don't give a toss about your perceived sensibilities!!

Thu Sep 15, 2016 12:53 am