Sun Dec 03, 2017 12:10 am
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

Post Re: Aldi
Bloody Germans.........

Sun Dec 03, 2017 12:14 am
thread ruining clique

There is a ridiculous amount of food gets binned by supermarkets. It all goes in a skip, and any staff who tries to take it gets sacked. Disgusting waste.

Sun Dec 03, 2017 11:20 am
World XV Player

spinbreath wrote:
There is a ridiculous amount of food gets binned by supermarkets. It all goes in a skip, and any staff who tries to take it gets sacked. Disgusting waste.

Then, of course, a large % of goods bought end up in the dustbin without being consumed.

Guilt in this department, just like pollution, is widespread guilt.

Sun Dec 03, 2017 11:58 am
World XV Player

Anyway, after Brexit they can sell what they like to anyone .... anyone who dares to object will be horse whipped by the local Brexit constabulary. If folks want good food they ought to earn the money to pay for it before complaining ..aint that right? !

They got their country back, now they can bloody work for it.

Sun Dec 03, 2017 1:28 pm
Profile E-mail
British & Irish Lions Player

Chlorine chicken and mushroom pie sounds delicious

Sun Dec 03, 2017 5:37 pm
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

I really do applaud them for it, well done to them, BUT, remember how much they save by not having to dispose of this stuff :D

TBH I think all food shops should be compelled to do this every week, or maybe get tax reduction for it.

My ex next door neighbour got the sack from the co-op for giving bad fruit to a homeless guy who used to sleep in their car park.
If you do read this Clive, go to Aldi for a job :D

Sun Dec 03, 2017 5:40 pm
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

Theres no Aldis close to me, but i love Lidl's, they treat their employees well, you have a bit of a crack when you go in there with the workers. I was talking to the local doctor and he told me that the number of people with work-related stress working for Tescos is a scandal. Food is great and cheap at Lidl and Aldi, if you know what they do well. They deserve our support, its a shame the COOP didnt follow the same path.

"Business!' cried the Ghost, wringing its hands again. "Mankind was my business; charity, mercy, forbearance, and benevolence, were, all, my business. The deals of my trade were but a drop of water in the comprehensive ocean of my business!”
“None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free.”
"The price of anything is the amount of life you exchange for

Sun Dec 03, 2017 7:39 pm
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

Blindside wrote:
Theres no Aldis close to me, but i love Lidl's, they treat their employees well, you have a bit of a crack when you go in there with the workers. I was talking to the local doctor and he told me that the number of people with work-related stress working for Tescos is a scandal. Food is great and cheap at Lidl and Aldi, if you know what they do well. They deserve our support, its a shame the COOP didnt follow the same path.

A friend of mine who had nerve problems, was sent to Asda tonypandy to work or they would stop his money. He finished within the week citing the persistant loud music played in the store, hassle off the shoppers and even more hassle off his (his quote) little hitler supervisors and pickety bitches who watch eachother like hawks.

He had a bad one and has not worked since. I did call in to see him and completely understand, I could not do it.
Lidl and Aldi both seem much nicer to work and shop in., however I spent a small fortune on tools there as they were so cheap.
Compressor £40, Arc Welder £30 etc.

Sun Dec 03, 2017 9:30 pm
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

soap wrote:
Blindside wrote:

A friend of mine who had nerve problems, was sent to Asda tonypandy to work or they would stop his money. He finished within the week citing the persistant loud music played in the store, hassle off the shoppers and even more hassle off his (his quote) little hitler supervisors and pickety bitches who watch eachother like hawks.

He had a bad one and has not worked since. I did call in to see him and completely understand, I could not do it.
Lidl and Aldi both seem much nicer to work and shop in., however I spent a small fortune on tools there as they were so cheap.

They will come in handy, even if you dont use them :)

"Business!' cried the Ghost, wringing its hands again. "Mankind was my business; charity, mercy, forbearance, and benevolence, were, all, my business. The deals of my trade were but a drop of water in the comprehensive ocean of my business!”
“None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free.”
"The price of anything is the amount of life you exchange for

Sun Dec 03, 2017 10:03 pm
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

Blindside wrote:
soap wrote:
Blindside wrote:

They will come in handy, even if you dont use them :)

Oh I use them quite a lot. Although it seems recently all I use the compressor for is cleaning the vacuum out :D
Puts me in good standing with the Wife and other family members once they realise how much more cleaning power there is after a goo blow job :shock:

And had a slab of beer of a neighbour back in the summer for fixing his drive gates with the welder :drunken:

Mon Dec 04, 2017 12:04 am
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

This is good.

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.bbc. ... s-42217026

Mon Dec 04, 2017 11:59 am
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

Blindside wrote:

Lidl very popular in France.
We shop there and the quality, pricing and, the important part for me , ...speed of checkout and efficiency of staff is excellent. Any exchange of goods, rapid and without question.

Excellent ...and ...

The wine selection is comprehensive and good range of all levels of quality. Their discounts to be taken advantage of too. We live in an agricultural area without easy access to up market shopping but no probs with Lidl as far as wines are concerned.

I have also bought various technology accessories there and impressed with quality and pricing . I'm usually suspicious of this type of product if it's not mainstream.

However, we still rely on local markets for fruit and veg, normally locally grown and A1!

Mon Dec 04, 2017 1:25 pm
World XV Player

We've changed our shopping habits, we no longer go for the weekly shop. We pop into the shop on the way home from work and get what we need for the next day or two and that's it.

Is interesting to hear Tel say that the speed of Lidl checkout in France is good, I find it awful here in the UK

I have to drive passed one to get home, and would go in, but it's usually well in excess of a 25 minute queue at the checkout, which if I had £100 worth of shopping might be feasible, but when all you have is some bread, milk, basic vegetables, a pack of chicken, and some never to be used but extraordinarily good value toolkit addition, it just isn't worth it

Mon Dec 04, 2017 1:50 pm
Profile E-mail WWW
World XV Player

and they are opening an Aldi in Porth, old Remploy factory. just down the road from Lidle .

Mon Dec 04, 2017 1:58 pm
Profile E-mail