It is currently Fri Jun 22, 2018 7:51 pm

PREMIER SPORTS 
Regional Player

Post PREMIER SPORTS
Has any one tried phoning Sky about adding Premier Sport to your package. It is a bit like trying to speak to Vladimir Putin in the Kremlin. They keep trying to connect you to a text service in which you need a smart phone to give the answers. It makes me wonder what would happen if you had a problem with Sky and needed an engineer !!!

I gather all 152 Pro 14 games will be broadcast and the cost is £9 99 per month. Other sources say you can make an annual payment of £25. Broadcasting all the games suggests to me that we are going to have some nasty unsociable kick off times !!

I think the Pro 14 has been very unfair to supporters who have to watch games on t.v. If this happens every three years with new contacts, the punters are going to be really out of pocket keeping up to date with rugby coverage.

Sat Jun 09, 2018 7:34 pm
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

Post Re: PREMIER SPORTS
John , us retired folk don't give a sh*t about unsociable times. :occasion5:

Sat Jun 09, 2018 7:49 pm
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

Old Fart wrote:
John , us retired folk don't give a sh*t about unsociable times. :occasion5:

Except around dinner time, which I believe is around 5pm? ;) :D

Sat Jun 09, 2018 8:32 pm
Regional Player

Really constructive answers here.

Sun Jun 10, 2018 7:15 pm
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

JOHNWALES wrote:
Really constructive answers here.

Like my comment here!?

:D

Sun Jun 10, 2018 8:01 pm
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

there's bound to be a link

Sun Jun 10, 2018 8:21 pm
World XV Player

Read a few articles about the shambles of various levels of the welsh game spread over so many channels

In reality it isn’t sustainable for punters to be shelling out for 3 subscription services... BT, Sky Sports and Premier

I also question the value of a commercial strategy which could increase short term revenue but ultimately could damage the reputation of the Pro14 if no one adds the additional subscription service (premier sports) to their tv bundle

What will the Pro14 be worth if this fails... someone could then pick it up for a bargain price

Tue Jun 12, 2018 8:27 am
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

AverageBBCjournalist wrote:
Read a few articles about the shambles of various levels of the welsh game spread over so many channels

In reality it isn’t sustainable for punters to be shelling out for 3 subscription services... BT, Sky Sports and Premier

I also question the value of a commercial strategy which could increase short term revenue but ultimately could damage the reputation of the Pro14 if no one adds the additional subscription service (premier sports) to their tv bundle

What will the Pro14 be worth if this fails... someone could then pick it up for a bargain price

Yes, I share your view. I won't be watching any Pro14 rugby now. It is unlikely to make me more interested in going to watch games.

Tue Jun 12, 2018 1:24 pm
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

Cymru am byth wrote:

Yes, I share your view. I won't be watching any Pro14 rugby now. It is unlikely to make me more interested in going to watch games.

Does watching for free count? There is no way to associate those watching with viewer numbers are there?
BTW, is it worth keeping an up to date database of 'good links' on the walled part of the site?

Tue Jun 12, 2018 10:33 pm
Profile E-mail
Site Admin

I wouldn't bother, they'll go bust before the end of the contract

Thu Jun 14, 2018 5:19 pm
Profile ICQ WWW
World XV Player

I seem to be finding it less and less important to see games these days.
Partly because some of the rugby is crap, but partly because if you see every game, or every game you can it sort of forms a habit.
Miss one or two because you do not have that channel and it seems easier to miss another because you have something else to do.

Even if I record them, I often then come here and people are saying it was not good watching, a also know the result by then, so I usually delete it to make valuable room on the drive for 'can not miss' soap operas for the managing director.

Thu Jun 14, 2018 5:46 pm
Profile E-mail
Site Admin

Same here, i've not watched a full game of club rugby for years and have little interest and certainly won't be subscribing to a minority satellite channel

Fri Jun 15, 2018 12:44 pm
Profile ICQ WWW
World XV Player

Andrew (Scum V) wrote:
Same here, i've not watched a full game of club rugby for years and have little interest and certainly won't be subscribing to a minority satellite channel

I watch quite a lot of the games, but there is something about this that smacks of money grabbing

So unlikely to subscribe and wait for them to go bust - a la setanta

Sat Jun 16, 2018 2:39 pm
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

Andrew (Scum V) wrote:

I watch quite a lot of the games, but there is something about this that smacks of money grabbing

So unlikely to subscribe and wait for them to go bust - a la setanta

I think the thing that smacks of money grabbing is that it is exactly that!

Sun Jun 17, 2018 8:45 am
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

I wont be subscribing. This is a disgraceful act by the WRU and anyone contemplating buying it is a Quisling.

Sun Jun 17, 2018 12:02 pm
Profile E-mail WWW