It is currently Sun May 27, 2018 8:41 pm

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 3201 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 205, 206, 207, 208, 209, 210, 211 ... 214  Next
Tonight I'm watching . . . 
thread ruining clique

Post Re: Tonight I'm watching . . .
Prys#1 wrote:
I thought the girl was an Aussie?

Wouldn't argue. She has one of them there mid Atlantic accents. She's no septic tank though, that much is for sure. :D

Wed Jan 24, 2018 8:30 pm
World XV Player

Manhunt. Unabomber on Netflix. Very good.

Thu Jan 25, 2018 12:11 am
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

Vietnam series thing by the Yanks, I've seen better in the past, too much American crying but at least they admitted their sins in the programme.

Thu Jan 25, 2018 8:45 pm
World XV Player

Is that Vietnam thing on BBC4? It excellent

Just watched 6 days on the netflix about the Iranian embassy siege, very good, very authentic, they even got the boys burners and goucho's correct. Good film.

Fri Jan 26, 2018 11:22 pm
International Player

trampie wrote:
Vietnam series thing by the Yanks, I've seen better in the past, too much American crying but at least they admitted their sins in the programme.

Ken Burns "Vietnam"? I thought it was terrific. Of course it focused more on the US but that was expected.

The BBC and RTE in Ireland for some reason showed the shorter version usually running at 55 mins. I recommend checking out the full length PBS version which runs up to 1h 47min. The time just flies by

Sat Jan 27, 2018 12:40 am
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

and Eye in the sky

lan Rickmans last film
Jesse from Breaking bad in it
Helen 'cum in my mouth as I look you in the eye' Mirren at her best

Sat Jan 27, 2018 1:12 am
World XV Player

Fingal wrote:
trampie wrote:

Ken Burns "Vietnam"? I thought it was terrific. Of course it focused more on the US but that was expected.

The BBC and RTE in Ireland for some reason showed the shorter version usually running at 55 mins. I recommend checking out the full length PBS version which runs up to 1h 47min. The time just flies by

What do you mean ?, the beeb showed 10 episodes each about an hour long, was the American showings longer in total then ?

It was alright, too much American crying, too many hippies, not enough about being scared of Communism, Gulf incident didn't seem correct, they give more time too the killing of college kids than they did to My Lai :wtf:
From memory I thought the 80s Canadian series was better.

Sat Jan 27, 2018 8:32 am
World XV Player

On the plus side they admitted their sins.

Sat Jan 27, 2018 8:34 am
World XV Player

Fids the Blindside wrote:
and Eye in the sky

lan Rickmans last film
Jesse from Breaking bad in it
Helen 'cum in my mouth as I look you in the eye' Mirren at her best

Alan Rickman?

Been meaning to watch that, is it any good?

Sat Jan 27, 2018 9:14 am
Profile E-mail
International Player

trampie wrote:
Fingal wrote:
trampie wrote:

What do you mean ?, the beeb showed 10 episodes each about an hour long, was the American showings longer in total then ?

It was alright, too much American crying, too many hippies, not enough about being scared of Communism, Gulf incident didn't seem correct, they give more time too the killing of college kids than they did to My Lai :wtf:
From memory I thought the 80s Canadian series was better.

Yes the PBS American version of the 10 episode series is 16h 30mins. Burns cut a shorter version for the International market which runs close to 10hrs. I haven't compared the difference but from what I read the US version is more 18+.

Sat Jan 27, 2018 1:42 pm
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

I enjoyed Eye in the sky, its in real time, recommended, I had been drinking though :D

I don't think its Rickmans best though

Sat Jan 27, 2018 1:53 pm
World XV Player

Saw "The Post" last night, sublime performances from Hanks and Streep but it missed the mark for me, too much emphasis on the newspaper and not enough on the Pentagon Papers and the deceit contained therein, I understand that the premise of the movie was the paper but the balance was wrong for me.

Some completely obvious digs at the Trump administration in there, I liked that.

Sun Jan 28, 2018 2:37 pm
World XV Player

I'm enjoying McMafia although I've only watched 4 episodes to date
Pls don't reveal more, thks ;)

Sun Jan 28, 2018 4:51 pm
World XV Player

Tony Panties wrote:
I'm enjoying McMafia although I've only watched 4 episodes to date
Pls don't reveal more, thks ;)

Really enjoying it too, best thing on the box with out question

They could keep it going for multiple series' too, so many ways they could take it and hope to god they don't rush the last couple of episodes

Reminds me of godfather and how Pacino grew from nice boy to the mob boss he was at the end of number 2, hope they take it a similar way.

Thu Feb 01, 2018 3:39 pm
Profile E-mail
International Player

Just finished Altered Carbon which in my opinion was terrific watch. I read the book a few years back and from what I can remember the script sticks close to the book. If you haven't read the book think Blade Runner in the form of a tv series.

Wed Feb 07, 2018 10:47 pm
Profile E-mail
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 3201 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 205, 206, 207, 208, 209, 210, 211 ... 214  Next