It is currently Fri Nov 17, 2017 10:21 pm

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 3018 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 196, 197, 198, 199, 200, 201, 202  Next
Tonight I'm watching . . . 
World XV Player

Post Re: Tonight I'm watching . . .
Big And Dull wrote:
Finished Shooter, it was OK but that was it.
Are there any Trekies out there? Watched the first 2 eps of Star Trek: Discovery really promising, 2 things though, I hope someone invents the universal translator soon as the Klingon subtitles are a pain and who the hell come up with Star Trek: Discovery or STD for short?

Yes, very much looking forward to the next weekend that MRS CJ is working nights for a binge Trekking

Wed Sep 27, 2017 2:18 pm
Profile E-mail WWW
World XV Player

Narcos 3 done and 4 nicely set up

Waiting now for Stranger Things 2 and Dirk Gently 2, that should get us to Christmas

Wed Sep 27, 2017 8:55 pm
Regional Player

Ken Burns "The Vietnam War" is worth a watch. BBC 4 has it on Sunday nights but AFAIK they opted for the edited down short episodes. I recommend seeking out the full length episodes. Great soundtrack from the period too. Tricky Dickie talking behind the scenes to a foreign power before his election rings a bell with the current incumbent in the Oval Office.

Wed Sep 27, 2017 9:22 pm
Profile E-mail
British & Irish Lions Player

Fingal wrote:
Ken Burns "The Vietnam War" is worth a watch. BBC 4 has it on Sunday nights but AFAIK they opted for the edited down short episodes. I recommend seeking out the full length episodes. Great soundtrack from the period too. Tricky Dickie talking behind the scenes to a foreign power before his election rings a bell with the current incumbent in the Oval Office.

It was very interesting. I remember it on the news but was not old enough to really understand it. I have 3 images which are burned on my mind the priest who set himself alight, a man with a gun to his head and someone firing the gun with a spurt of blood and a young girl running down a road crying as bombs are going off behind her
Oh and the young soldiers who were court marshaled after massacring a village

Wed Sep 27, 2017 10:46 pm
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

Chap on right alleged Viet Cong chap on left South Vietnamese policeman

Thu Sep 28, 2017 8:39 pm
World XV Player

Big And Dull wrote:
Fingal wrote:

It was very interesting. I remember it on the news but was not old enough to really understand it. I have 3 images which are burned on my mind the priest who set himself alight, a man with a gun to his head and someone firing the gun with a spurt of blood and a young girl running down a road crying as bombs are going off behind her

The one of the young girl was much published and I believe that the womn has subsequently been traced and monitored

She was involved in an explosion that had blown her clothes away.

Became very symbolic of the circumstances...

Thu Sep 28, 2017 8:50 pm
World XV Player

Big And Dull wrote:
Fingal wrote:

The one of the young girl was much published and I believe that the womn has subsequently been traced and monitored

She was involved in an explosion that had blown her clothes away.

Became very symbolic of the circumstances...

this is the image and article

https://www.theguardian.com/media/2012/ ... hoto-peace

Thu Sep 28, 2017 8:55 pm
World XV Player

^^^^^^^^^^^^

This is the article and image

https://www.theguardian.com/media/2012/ ... hoto-peace

Thu Sep 28, 2017 8:56 pm

Thanks both. It's strange how these images stay in your mind and have such an effect even though I was only about ten or thereabouts

Thu Sep 28, 2017 10:02 pm
Profile E-mail
thread ruining clique

Good old Napalm. An incendiary that sticks to the stuff it burns.
Not that long ago the US were dropping it on civilians by the ton, now they're telling the rest of the world who can and can't have weapons.

Sat Sep 30, 2017 8:40 am
World XV Player

White Phosphorus is worse IMO

Sat Sep 30, 2017 9:53 am

Big And Dull wrote:
Fingal wrote:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/My_Lai_Massacre

Sat Sep 30, 2017 10:29 am
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

Sounds of the 70's on yesterday.featuring the Old Grey Whistle test.

Sat Sep 30, 2017 10:36 pm
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

Anyone going to be honest and say that they watched Strictly ?

Sat Sep 30, 2017 10:51 pm
World XV Player

Started Ozark last night, did the first 2 eps, looks decent enough

Sun Oct 01, 2017 10:00 am
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 3018 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 196, 197, 198, 199, 200, 201, 202  Next