It is currently Mon Apr 23, 2018 2:41 am

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 3189 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 202, 203, 204, 205, 206, 207, 208 ... 213  Next
Tonight I'm watching . . . 
World XV Player

Post Re: Tonight I'm watching . . .
Watched Dunkirk on DVD yesterday, enjoyed it, moves along nicely all the stories interwine logically.

One thing though, spoiler, Tom Hardy's Spitfire running our of juice over Dunkirk, he then glides into a climb and shoots down a Stuka, bit too Holywood but didn't ruin the film :D

Is there anything Tom Hardy can't do?

Tue Jan 02, 2018 11:48 am
thread ruining clique

I only recently twigged where I knew him from. He was in Bronson. If anyone hasn't seen that, it's a great movie.

Tue Jan 02, 2018 3:08 pm
World XV Player

Fids the Blindside wrote:
Watched Dunkirk on DVD yesterday, enjoyed it, moves along nicely all the stories interwine logically.

One thing though, spoiler, Tom Hardy's Spitfire running our of juice over Dunkirk, he then glides into a climb and shoots down a Stuka, bit too Holywood but didn't ruin the film :D

Beat batman.

Tue Jan 02, 2018 5:38 pm
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

We loved the TV series Taboo ;)

and he played a good role in Peaky Blinders too!

Tue Jan 02, 2018 6:43 pm
International Player

Finished Dark a few weeks back. Excellent. Glad it’s got a second season.
The Sinner also finished. Again very good.

Just about to finish Unabomber. Paul Bettany is tremendous.
The others not so or perhaps they FBI was purposely made to look stupid.

Got Fortitude DVD seasons 1&2 arriving shortly and probably going to start The Frozen Dead.

Tue Jan 02, 2018 7:38 pm
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

Yep Dark and The Sinner were very good. Have you seen Mindhunter and Godless? Both excellent

Wed Jan 03, 2018 3:14 pm
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

McMafia is worth a look on beeb1. Ostensibly about the Russian Mafia. The baddie from Happy Valley is in it and it's worth a watch just for him. It's all a bit top production and very slick, moves along at a good pace and there's plenty of gangster stuff going on.

'I am Stepney, I am Peru, I am divine and so are you.' ( John Wardell, aka Jah Wobble from his album 'Take me to God' who when introduced to John Lydon in a pub was so utterly pissed that he couldn't even pronounce his own name: thus 'Jah Wobble'.)

Wed Jan 03, 2018 5:00 pm
World XV Player

simondavis wrote:
McMafia is worth a look on beeb1. Ostensibly about the Russian Mafia. The baddie from Happy Valley is in it and it's worth a watch just for him. It's all a bit top production and very slick, moves along at a good pace and there's plenty of gangster stuff going on.

Ssshhh saving it up for a binge when it's finished

Wed Jan 03, 2018 5:53 pm
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

Big And Dull wrote:
simondavis wrote:

Ssshhh saving it up for a binge when it's finished

Kindred spirits. No secrets divulged because I do the same.

'I am Stepney, I am Peru, I am divine and so are you.' ( John Wardell, aka Jah Wobble from his album 'Take me to God' who when introduced to John Lydon in a pub was so utterly pissed that he couldn't even pronounce his own name: thus 'Jah Wobble'.)

Wed Jan 03, 2018 10:54 pm
International Player

Pearcey3 wrote:
Yep Dark and The Sinner were very good. Have you seen Mindhunter and Godless? Both excellent

I binged Mindhunter the week it came out. It’s excellent.

Not seen Godless yet.

Thu Jan 04, 2018 3:12 pm
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

I've been watching that class of 92 thing, I have found it very interesting (both series), the football, the players, the club volunteers, the managers and lastly the backers.
The club is currently going places because of the backer's probably and they are trying not to lose its identity, anybody that likes fly on the wall sports both on and off the pitch it's good stuff.

Thu Jan 04, 2018 5:08 pm
World XV Player

Took me a while to get the idea that there were three different time sequences in the film (1) the soldiers on the beach over a week, (2) the little ships over a day and (3) the flying scenes over an hour. The way they intertwined the scenes confused a few cinema goers as well. When I watched it at the cinema I heard one guy say to his mate on the way out 'I didn't realise they got all those folk off the each at Dunkirk in only a day'. :D

Interestingly enough, a Spitfire could glide for about 15 miles.

Fri Jan 05, 2018 2:49 pm
World XV Player

I've got a dirty little secret, Gotham, this season has been really good so far

Fri Jan 05, 2018 3:08 pm
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

ICEverything wrote:

Took me a while to get the idea that there were three different time sequences in the film (1) the soldiers on the beach over a week, (2) the little ships over a day and (3) the flying scenes over an hour. The way they intertwined the scenes confused a few cinema goers as well. When I watched it at the cinema I heard one guy say to his mate on the way out 'I didn't realise they got all those folk off the each at Dunkirk in only a day'. :D

Interestingly enough, a Spitfire could glide for about 15 miles.

not with Fids driving.. :D

Fri Jan 05, 2018 3:11 pm
World XV Player

you pilot an aircraft, get it trimmed and *fupping* bail out

AIRBOURNE!!!!!!!!!

Fri Jan 05, 2018 8:30 pm
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 3189 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 202, 203, 204, 205, 206, 207, 208 ... 213  Next