It is currently Tue Jun 19, 2018 9:56 am

Howley in trouble 
World XV Player

Post Howley in trouble
Rob Howley has an injured hand, he's cracked his Scaphoid. This happened to me about 2 years ago and i was in plaster up to my elbow for about 8 weeks. full story; http://icwales.icnetwork.co.uk/0500rugb ... _page.html

(not about me, this is Howley's dilemma :D )

Sat Aug 21, 2004 12:33 pm
World XV Player

Post Re: Howley in trouble
Henri Flection wrote:
Rob Howley has an injured hand, he's cracked his Scaphoid. This happened to me about 2 years ago and i was in plaster up to my elbow for about 8 weeks. full story; http://icwales.icnetwork.co.uk/0500rugb ... _page.html

(not about me, this is Howley's dilemma :D )

HF, I think Howley is targetting the Lions for a swan song !? :wink:

Sat Aug 21, 2004 4:28 pm
World XV Player

Oh bluddy hell mun don't start me on that one again, christ if he doesn't want to play fro our country then why be allowed into the Lions?

Sat Aug 21, 2004 4:32 pm
World XV Player

I've thought long and hard on this one. Let them go, that means thast a Welsh scrum half will be available fotr us on Wales's tour.

Lets be selfish and concentrate on our national team and not a marketing vehicle .

Sat Aug 21, 2004 4:37 pm
World XV Player

Top philosophy Fids, i LIKE IT! you are right, leave them go and we (Wales) will reap the rewards

Sun Aug 22, 2004 12:10 pm
World XV Player

Top philosophy Fids, i LIKE IT! you are right, leave them go and we (Wales) will reap the rewards

No bleating then when zero current Welsh internationals are chosen (even on merit !) :twisted:

Sun Aug 22, 2004 1:14 pm
World XV Player

Henri Flection wrote:

No bleating then when zero current Welsh internationals are chosen (even on merit !) :twisted:

With the absense of an A team the only time we can blood new players is in the summer. The autumn games should be the time to prepare for the 6N. So if the WRU have stated that no coach's involved in the national set will go, we should only release players whose absense from the summer touring party won't be missed.

I'll watch the games and shout for them but only becuase its the summer and not much other rugby on. The baabaa's have gone to the dogs its time for the lions to follow.

When people say its all about reaching the pinnacle of the game I have to disagree. This sentiment may have been true before the RWC came about but if you ask a player what he would rather achieve a lions jersey or a RWC winners medal I think the RWC will win hands down.

The last RWC generated a massive amount of interest in England and just about every kid you saw had a white shirt with 10 on the back. Those kids probably havn't worn that shirt since Christmas when they got their new Arsnal one but I assure you by the time the PR gurus have finished they'll all have a lions shirt with 10 on the back. Thats what the lions are all about now.

Just look at te last 4 tours. Oz in 89 you had your die hards only watching (the first test July 1 1989 was my wedding day. Me and my best man got up at 5.30 had a pizza breakfast and watched us lose) 93 in NZ, England on a massive high but the tour was hardly covered, most of the games kicked off at about 5 in the morning. 97 things begin to change but it was the fact they were supposed to get stuffed and came out like Rocky and won that made the difference. That tour was great but marked the beginning of the end, marketeers saw the attraction and then the farce of 2001, wrong coach, wrong players and too much hype. Next year I shudder to think of the crap we'll have forced down our throats.

Mon Aug 23, 2004 6:05 am
World XV Player

gwynt wrote:
Henri Flection wrote:

With the absense of an A team the only time we can blood new players is in the summer. The autumn games should be the time to prepare for the 6N. So if the WRU have stated that no coach's involved in the national set will go, we should only release players whose absense from the summer touring party won't be missed.

I'll watch the games and shout for them but only becuase its the summer and not much other rugby on. The baabaa's have gone to the dogs its time for the lions to follow.

When people say its all about reaching the pinnacle of the game I have to disagree. This sentiment may have been true before the RWC came about but if you ask a player what he would rather achieve a lions jersey or a RWC winners medal I think the RWC will win hands down.

Yeah, another convert to my way of thinking!!

Mon Aug 23, 2004 12:28 pm
Profile E-mail WWW
World XV Player

Perhaps your following me CJ, sycophant <hehehe>.

Mon Aug 23, 2004 6:43 pm