It is currently Mon Jun 25, 2018 3:04 am

Im Gonna Hurl 
Club Player

Post Im Gonna Hurl
As some of you know i spent this weekend in Dublin. It was pretty damn good, i would even go as far as to say it was Big Pimpin'. The Guinness was sure as hell flowing, and the ladies were on display in a big badass way. :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

I flew home this evening, at a time when Dublin city centre was bustling with thousands in their purple or red hurling shirts. I mean, they were there en masse. They congested the bars, the roads, and created a general carnival atmosphere which cannot have been witnessed in Welsh domestic rugby for decades. And from what i can gather it was not even a BIG match. It was part of the county championship, between Cork and Wexford, held at Croak (sp?) Park. It was big enough to be televised and was shown in the airport mind. If we can get to even half that attendance, with half that atmosphere, we'll be alright.

Well, thats that really, phenomenal support for an obscure game.

King Pimpaling

PS The future's bright, the future's Guinness. Mmmmmmmmm. Like Catrin in a glass.

Sun Aug 15, 2004 10:09 pm
Site Admin

Passion is indeed infectious. It is however difficult to feel passion toward the way our game is run in Wales. Supporters are ttreated like an evil necessity, NOT as the very lifeblood we are.

Players are grossly overpaid, and the clubs are run by egotistic men who do what is best for themselves.

Small little clubs are the only place to find that sort of passion, and that is where I shall be spending my time and money from now on. Regional ruby will, this season be watched by me only on Tv, and not in my armchair, but in my local rugby club who appreciate my support and money .

Internet Marketing Consultancy - SEO Agony Uncle

Sun Aug 15, 2004 10:22 pm
Profile E-mail