It is currently Fri May 25, 2018 7:47 pm

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 63 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Leinster/Racing pre Match and Match thread 
World XV Player

Post Re: Leinster/Racing pre Match and Match thread
Tony Panties wrote:
No moaning but that loss of key players 15, 2 x 10s and Capt and hub 9 denuded attack and control.

Fill marks to 2nd 9 Iraberen he was A1

Racing are a good team and getting better ... they're in the mix for Top14 Champs too.

Sat May 12, 2018 6:56 pm
World XV Player

Tony Panties wrote:
No moaning but that loss of key players 15, 2 x 10s and Capt and hub 9 denuded attack and control.

Racing are a good team and getting better ... they're in the mix for Top14 Champs too.

What worries me for the PRO14 playoffs, is that other teams will possibly replicate the defensive template, employed by Racing. They stopped us cold on occasion.

Sean

Sat May 12, 2018 6:58 pm
Profile E-mail
Site Admin

Pro 14 as done us proud these last two days well done Leinster :occasion5: :cheers:

Sat May 12, 2018 7:02 pm
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

Abertawe Leinster wrote:
Tony Panties wrote:

What worries me for the PRO14 playoffs, is that other teams will possibly replicate the defensive template, employed by Racing. They stopped us cold on occasion.

Sean

The Scarlets use 105kg locks, a small 7 and a flanker at 8. They can't match the Leinster physicality whereas Racing could. The Scarlets bullied Glasgow in their last game, so I don't see a real threat in the Pro 14 for you.

Sat May 12, 2018 8:38 pm
World XV Player

Delighted... An ugly win but who cares. Well done Cardiff Pro14 number 1 this year.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nLZ_kbWCvTU

Sat May 12, 2018 8:57 pm
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

Tony Panties wrote:
AverageBBCjournalist wrote:
How to shoot yourself in the foot by racing

Steal lineout but run towards touchline to ensure Leinster get another crack at it
Then stand off side to allow Leinster a kickable penalty in front of posts
Then go up the other end... wait for clock to go red and miss drop goal losing the game

Wales would have been pround of that

Agreed, that lost the game.

Yes it was disappointing as all that hard work undone and Leinster just had to keep
It together to win the game. No last minute heroics or tries, couple of phases and keep discipline

Interesting game and Leinster did shade it

Cardio from the french sides again questionable?

Sat May 12, 2018 9:15 pm
Profile E-mail
Primary Schools Player

Dg would have just brought it to extra time and they were hardly able to get over the gain line.

Sat May 12, 2018 9:22 pm
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

PS...an aside ...how did Doyle get elected Asst ref for this match ? ....RFU ref but born and bred in Leinster etc ....as per ...

I think that that was a silly appointment ..

reference

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/JP_Doyle

did he call the Racing offsides ? :D :D

Sat May 12, 2018 9:36 pm
International Player

Very unexciting game badly officiated.

No more to say

:sleepy2:

Sat May 12, 2018 9:55 pm
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

Delighted for this man ....... one of the good ones..... he says its not about vindication but you know it absolutely is.....

'This is for the ones who stood by me' - Leinster's Champions Cup triumph 'not about vindication' for Stuart Lancaster

Stuart Lancaster says Leinster's Champions Cup final victory was built on the "pain of losing" in the big games last season.
Leinster defeated French side Racing 92 in Bilbao to win their fourth European Cup, and their first since 2012.

The men in blue came up short both in Europe and domestically last season, losing their Champions Cup semi-final to Clermont and then slipping to a shock defeat to the Scarlets in the Pro14 semi-final.

Former England coach Lancaster said those losses provided motivation for the squad this season.

"I think the pain of losing drives the mentality in the group," Lancaster told BT Sport.

"I thought we were close last season, we scored 30 tries in the pool games, and the Clermont game was lost on small margins.

"We lost the Pro14 semi-final as well and both games burn deep. I think that's been the big difference."
Lancaster joined Leinster in 2016, his first coaching role since resigning from the England job after a dismal performance in the 2015 World Cup.

"It's not about vindication," the 48-year old insisted.
"It means a huge amount to me obviously, but it means a huge amount to my family and friends.

"They're the ones who all stood by me in the tough times after the World Cup, they never once wavered in their belief in my ability.

"That's been the nice thing, it's nice to have my wife here. It's for them really."

https://www.independent.ie/sport/rugby/ ... 00487.html

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nLZ_kbWCvTU

Sat May 12, 2018 10:01 pm
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

A more exciting and interesting game than the scoreline and lack of tries might suggest. Certainly much better than the Saracens-Racing final two years ago.

Sat May 12, 2018 11:13 pm
Profile E-mail
British & Irish Lions Player

Has to be said that the feast of rugby we probably all hoped for was nullified by 2 teams of equality. Racing did a great job of nullifying Leinster at the breakdown, and both sides found it very difficult to get past excellent defences. Fair play to Leinster, they stuck to the task and I am pleased that a team from our league have once again won the top title in European club/regional rugby, a great season for Irish rugby and well deserved, something we need to aspire to.

What a fantastic end to Nacewa’s career, a great servant to Leinster over the years and such a shame his creativity and class was never fully realised on the international scene.

Sat May 12, 2018 11:59 pm
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

cosh wrote:
Has to be said that the feast of rugby we probably all hoped for was nullified by 2 teams of equality. Racing did a great job of nullifying Leinster at the breakdown, and both sides found it very difficult to get past excellent defences. Fair play to Leinster, they stuck to the task and I am pleased that a team from our league have once again won the top title in European club/regional rugby, a great season for Irish rugby and well deserved, something we need to aspire to.

What a fantastic end to Nacewa’s career, a great servant to Leinster over the years and such a shame his creativity and class was never fully realised on the international scene.

^^^^^^^^^

Yep :thumbup:

Sun May 13, 2018 9:26 am
World XV Player

I was hoping Racing would do it but fair play to Leinster!

Sun May 13, 2018 9:32 am
Profile E-mail WWW
World XV Player

Leinster pay the price now for the Top14 play offs ... apart from those absent before and during the match :
Lambie (knee ligs ..out, Machenaud and Dulin continue out, Carter uncertain)
Donnacha Ryan played into the 2nd half with dislocated shoulder! out.
Chavancy and Vakatawa leg/ankle injuries ...future uncertain
Benn-Arous back injury ?

Mon May 14, 2018 11:44 am
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 63 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next