It is currently Mon May 21, 2018 1:32 pm

Racing 92 v Munster (Champions Cup semi-final) 
World XV Player

Post Re: Racing 92 v Munster (Champions Cup semi-final)
Machenaud Capt off Irabaren on ..hmm

Try Munster

27/15 after 77 ...

Sun Apr 22, 2018 5:06 pm
World XV Player

Racing farting about with subs back on ...

Racing pen ...

Usual problem ...never try to close a game v Munster ...

Racing win it ...time up although play on ..

Munster meaningles try after time out

Good game, Doyle, has to be said, excellent.

27/22

Sun Apr 22, 2018 5:12 pm
Club Player

Weird how ref's are always "excellent" when Irish team loses...

Sun Apr 22, 2018 5:22 pm
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

Cathalsmart wrote:

There was some controversy about Doyles appointment given his birthright.
I commented also on his capability to speak french which is rare but important in such games.
I'm on record against biased ref comments.
He was good in a difficult game.

Most important ...best ream won too ;)

Could be a better final than many might imagine?

Sun Apr 22, 2018 5:31 pm
World XV Player

Cathalsmart wrote:

I said that Poite was excellent yesterday? :scratch:

Sun Apr 22, 2018 6:39 pm
Regional Player

I always find it interesting that when a team loses that the losing teams supporters fall back on 2 well trodden excuses.
1: We played badly
2: The ref was bias

To be fair the truth is far from this. Teams (all teams) lose when they are beaten by the better side on the day. It is not always "we played badly", it is almost always one team being better than the other and starving them of possession, territory, whilst equally over powering the set piece, and turning ball over at the ruck. Add in when a team is on top the ball is always received on the back foot, and forcing and chasing the game brings about errors. A team rarely "play bad", they are just so well beaten that mistakes occur, tactics fail and the loss comes from that.

I always listened to a fantastic podcast on the BBC this week with Wayne Barnes, and he summed up things perfectly when the talk about bias came about. He said it was a perception because, frankly, the better team was earning the pens and free kicks, therefore a perception of bias develops. It really made me sit up and think, and to be fair, even with a critical eye over games that my lads Wasps have lost, when you go back and watch some (as I did) he was spot on. I fear mine -and many many of ours- lack of awareness of this and love of our team coloured and blinded us to exactly what he said. Having listened to that comment I honestly feel will give me a perception I was sadly lacking before then, and will hopefully enhance my enjoyment and understanding of the game when I consider that point in future games.

Sun Apr 22, 2018 7:52 pm
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

A good match. Teddy Thomas looks like an excellent player and Wales can thank their lucky stars that they didn't have to face him in the 6N.

Sun Apr 22, 2018 10:11 pm
Profile E-mail
Youth Player

wombles wrote:
I always find it interesting that when a team loses that the losing teams supporters fall back on 2 well trodden excuses.
1: We played badly
2: The ref was bias

To be fair the truth is far from this. Teams (all teams) lose when they are beaten by the better side on the day. It is not always "we played badly", it is almost always one team being better than the other and starving them of possession, territory, whilst equally over powering the set piece, and turning ball over at the ruck. Add in when a team is on top the ball is always received on the back foot, and forcing and chasing the game brings about errors. A team rarely "play bad", they are just so well beaten that mistakes occur, tactics fail and the loss comes from that.

I always listened to a fantastic podcast on the BBC this week with Wayne Barnes, and he summed up things perfectly when the talk about bias came about. He said it was a perception because, frankly, the better team was earning the pens and free kicks, therefore a perception of bias develops. It really made me sit up and think, and to be fair, even with a critical eye over games that my lads Wasps have lost, when you go back and watch some (as I did) he was spot on. I fear mine -and many many of ours- lack of awareness of this and love of our team coloured and blinded us to exactly what he said. Having listened to that comment I honestly feel will give me a perception I was sadly lacking before then, and will hopefully enhance my enjoyment and understanding of the game when I consider that point in future games.

Very good point, Munster cannot say that about today, they played well but were beaten by the better team.

I enjoyed every minute of this match, excellent attack by Racing, and equally excellent defense. Munster gave a good account of themselves, far better than the Scarlets powder puff effort yesterday, but they were just bested by the better team.

Looking forward to the final now, and I hope Racing can do the same again.

Sun Apr 22, 2018 10:27 pm
Profile E-mail