It is currently Sun May 20, 2018 1:01 pm

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 54 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Cardiff Blues v Pau (Challenge Cup semi-final) 
World XV Player

Post Re: Cardiff Blues v Pau (Challenge Cup semi-final)
Stockholm Blue wrote:
buglet wrote:
What a contribution by Ellis Jenkins, can see why people think he should be in the Welsh side.

If he was 3 inches taller he would have a fantastic potential. At less than 6 foot I reckon the powers that be will think he is too small for international rugby though.

Not sure why, as long as he gets over the ball

Sat Apr 21, 2018 2:56 pm
World XV Player

Langland Exile wrote:
buglet wrote:
What a contribution by Ellis Jenkins, can see why people think he should be in the Welsh side.

I prefer him to James Davies

My feeling is he is a better player than James Davies, and younger. He could get better.

Sat Apr 21, 2018 2:57 pm
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

Excellent game from Cardiff, they will murder the Ospreys on this form.

Sat Apr 21, 2018 2:58 pm
World XV Player

Stockholm Blue wrote:
buglet wrote:

If he was 3 inches taller he would have a fantastic potential. At less than 6 foot I reckon the powers that be will think he is too small for international rugby though.

Fair point but I think height is not essential for breakdown work. Need other in back row to have the height to compensate perhaps?

Sat Apr 21, 2018 2:59 pm
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

Dr Bob looks a natural in the TV booth

Sat Apr 21, 2018 3:00 pm
British & Irish Lions Player

buglet wrote:
Stockholm Blue wrote:
buglet wrote:

Fair point but I think height is not essential for breakdown work. Need other in back row to have the height to compensate perhaps?

It is not just the height but also the power that goes with size.

When we take the ball in a back rower is quite likely to be the first man in support, and he has to move opponents to get quick ball. Shifting some of the monsters who play international rugby nowadays is not easy. Whenever he is fit Warburton is going to be the Wales 7.

Sat Apr 21, 2018 3:05 pm
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

Stockholm Blue wrote:
buglet wrote:
Stockholm Blue wrote:
buglet wrote:

When we take the ball in a back rower is quite likely to be the first man in support, and he has to move opponents to get quick ball. Shifting some of the monsters who play international rugby nowadays is not easy. Whenever he is fit Warburton is going to be the Wales 7.

He did OK against a pack of behemoths today! He seemed to have the physicality.

Agree SW is still first choice.

Sat Apr 21, 2018 3:29 pm
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

Langland Exile wrote:
buglet wrote:

I prefer him to James Davies

So do Team Wales and understandably so. Even leaving aside his playing skills, he's much less temperamental and cocky than Cubby too.

Sat Apr 21, 2018 4:08 pm
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

A good win for the Blues against loads of big men. Here's hoping they can win in Bilbao.

Sat Apr 21, 2018 4:09 pm
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

najbritcol wrote:
A good win for the Blues against loads of big men. Here's hoping they can win in Bilbao.

https://www.booking.com/landmark/es/san-mames-stadium.html?aid=318615;label=New_English_EN_GBIE_5226315025-CjikBCfb7dsgl*w4ETKCPgS99511068985:pl:ta:p1:p2:ac:ap1t1:neg:fi4054632314:tidsa-301303784602:lp9045365:li:dec:dm;ws=&gclid=EAIaIQobChMIgJSdnITN2gIVlh4bCh1B8A-wEAAYASAAEgLkBvD_BwE

Enjoy.

Sun Apr 22, 2018 5:24 am
World XV Player

Wonderful win for Cardiff and the back row were supreme. They also showed fine attacking capability with the ball.

It does, however, have to be said that playing on a synthetic pitch did trouble the Pauloise as Conrad-Smith alluded to after the match (he's not a moaner).

I think that only Oyonnax have a synthetic pitch for more than 1 Season in the top14 and Racing introduced theirs part way through this Season.

Does raise the question of semi final venue allocation in the Challenge Cup and random allocation without merit. This was a distinct home game for Cardiff in more ways than one.

Before the shit hits the fan the post is not intended to take anything away from Cardiff's well earned, all round victory.

Sun Apr 22, 2018 8:06 am
Youth Player

Stockholm Blue wrote:
buglet wrote:
Stockholm Blue wrote:
buglet wrote:

Steffon Armitage is only 1.75m and Sam Simmonds just 1.84m and it certainly has n't hampered their international selections too much. I thought Ellis was absolutely outstanding against very impressive opposition. Sean Edwards seemed to be a fan too.

Sun Apr 22, 2018 8:18 am
Profile E-mail

jak wrote:
Stockholm Blue wrote:
buglet wrote:
Stockholm Blue wrote:
buglet wrote:

Steffon Armitage is only 1.75m and Sam Simmonds just 1.84m and it certainly has n't hampered their international selections too much. I thought Ellis was absolutely outstanding against very impressive opposition. Sean Edwards seemed to be a fan too.

I hope Ellis has a great career, my avatar is a bit of a giveaway. Him and Navidi are my favourite players by a stretch. I am just not sure that international selectors will see it that way.

Right now Warburton, Faletau and Shingler will be the back row whenever that trio is available in my opinion.

Sun Apr 22, 2018 9:22 am
Profile E-mail

BBC Sport website rugby page ...

2 stories about Gloucester at the top of the page.

3 stories about Scarlets, but all captioned things like "relive how Leinster humbled Scarlets" and "Scarlets hammered".

Scroll down far enough and you will find a mention of the Blues making a European final.

*tommy tankers*.

Sun Apr 22, 2018 10:43 am
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

With height, usually comes arm length. The extra few inches enables them to get in better ( according to my wife)

Sun Apr 22, 2018 6:43 pm
Profile E-mail
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 54 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next