It is currently Sun May 20, 2018 1:02 pm

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 140 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10
Leinster v Scarlets pre and match thread 
World XV Player

Post Re: Leinster v Scarlets pre and match thread
Pearcey3 wrote:
Tony Panties wrote:
Troron wrote:
Only caught the first half but Leinster look to be an incredibly well rounded team with no obvious weaknesses. It would be interesting to see how they would fare up against the NZ franchises.

Irish rugby is like SA of old, MASSIVE physicality for the full 80 that other sides really struggle with. Throw in one of the best game controlling half back pairings in the world in the case of Ireland along with some blistering backs, it is the full embodiment of controlling rugby. This is the style I feel England are trying to achieve but lack that physical aggressive edge.

Is Leinsters gain just Englands loss? Lancaster mightn't have been a good front man but I think that he has proved a bloody fine technician ... and Leinster do recognise it.

That's not suggesting that he is the architect of their success it is a wonderful team effort and started by Schmidt but Lancaster has undoubtedly been a significant contributor.

I’d argue that Lancaster is a good front man. His overall record for England was excellent. Let’s not forget the mess he inherited from Johnson. His mistake was treating Wales with too much respect in the World Cup

Maybe, but his contribution to Leinster is. significant and underlines England's loss for whatever reason?

Sun Apr 22, 2018 9:46 am
World XV Player

Pearcey3 wrote:
Tony Panties wrote:
Troron wrote:
Only caught the first half but Leinster look to be an incredibly well rounded team with no obvious weaknesses. It would be interesting to see how they would fare up against the NZ franchises.

Irish rugby is like SA of old, MASSIVE physicality for the full 80 that other sides really struggle with. Throw in one of the best game controlling half back pairings in the world in the case of Ireland along with some blistering backs, it is the full embodiment of controlling rugby. This is the style I feel England are trying to achieve but lack that physical aggressive edge.

Is Leinsters gain just Englands loss? Lancaster mightn't have been a good front man but I think that he has proved a bloody fine technician ... and Leinster do recognise it.

That's not suggesting that he is the architect of their success it is a wonderful team effort and started by Schmidt but Lancaster has undoubtedly been a significant contributor.

I’d argue that Lancaster is a good front man. His overall record for England was excellent. Let’s not forget the mess he inherited from Johnson. His mistake was treating Wales with too much respect in the World Cup

I'd argue his biggest weakness was lack of bottle and being a bit too "nice". It was great for PR but the players needed more raw aggression that was lacking under Lancaster. He also tried to do the quick fix in the world cup year with Burgess, that just wasn't going to work. Long term maybe but the whole thing was poorly handled.

Unfortunately I think that ship has sailed for good and I'd be surprised if Lancaster ever wants to come back to the English team in any capacity after what happened. It's hard to say how big his impact at Leinster has been but he certainly doesn't seem to be doing any harm.

Sun Apr 22, 2018 10:14 am
Profile E-mail
Primary Schools Player

Leinster were only a missed last minute drop goal on the 22 away from a cup final under MoC's coaching, and no one had any regard for him.

Sun Apr 22, 2018 10:42 am
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

Lancaster was a big loss I think. I doubt they would have won the World Cup with him. But Wales were lucky to beat you. Or England were unlucky to lose, depending on which way you look at it. His efforts were the foundation for Eddie Jones' recent run of form. I would happily see Lancaster at the Welsh regions.

Sun Apr 22, 2018 9:22 pm
Profile E-mail
Mini Player

pontiets wrote:
Dan Jones was absolutely awful,would have picked Patchel at FH and Rhys Jones at FB

What a pathetic post..You could have played Dan Carter at 10 he still wouldn't have got any ball..Gareth Davies way to slow at the break down or he kicked it away...Rhys Jones wouldn't get into a full picked B&I side,probably the Scarlets worsed signing this year..

Mon Apr 23, 2018 3:34 pm
Profile E-mail
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 140 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10