It is currently Sun Jun 17, 2018 10:47 pm

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 140 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Leinster v Scarlets pre and match thread 
World XV Player

Post Re: Leinster v Scarlets pre and match thread
Langland Exile wrote:
Abertawe Leinster wrote:
Pearcey3 wrote:
Abertawe Leinster wrote:
BigRed wrote:
We were comprehensively thrashed.
The only question I have is about what juice the Leinster players were on?
Sorry removed for legal reasons
Their 80 minutes at that pace! I'm sorry but I do have a question mark.
The Leinster players were like men possessed.
I have never ever witnessed a team playing at that intensity for 80 minutes.

Ridiculous and pathetic: perhaps we were just better than you (and fitter into the bargain).

You really are a bad loser, forgotten the red card fiasco?

Just can't accept that you were never really in that match, can you?

Sean

Big Red is a decent poster but this wasn’t one of his better efforts. Irish rugby is simply getting it right and it’s impressive. Sean next year your boys need to step up in the RWC where you have badly underachieved. There can be no excuses. You need to be seriously challenging at the final stages of that tournament.

No problem Pearcey and I agree about the RWC, but if BR had watched his team win in a similar manner today, then he wouldn't have said what he did.

He's said a few things this season TBH, but I just wasn't having that one. Not today.

He's just trying to grab the headlines and change the narrative from 'well done leinster' to 'poor badly done to, Llanelli'.

Sean

I thought that was allowed on message boards? He did say "we were comprehensively thrashed"? Then it went a bit sideways... :D

I guess the final will tells us how good Leinster are though I could make the case that he two best teams left played each other today.

Yes of course he can root for his team, its just the snide manner of doing it. He couldn't pick holes in us any other way.

His first statement was correct and he should have stuck to it.

Its quite possible that we won't beat either Racing or Munster in the final and if we do lose (while we all moan about referees, you more than anyone... :D) ....I would like to believe that I wouldn't embarrass myself in that manner.

Sean

Sat Apr 21, 2018 7:40 pm
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

Abertawe Leinster wrote:
Langland Exile wrote:
Abertawe Leinster wrote:
Pearcey3 wrote:
Abertawe Leinster wrote:
BigRed wrote:

Ridiculous and pathetic: perhaps we were just better than you (and fitter into the bargain).

You really are a bad loser, forgotten the red card fiasco?

Just can't accept that you were never really in that match, can you?

Sean

Big Red is a decent poster but this wasn’t one of his better efforts. Irish rugby is simply getting it right and it’s impressive. Sean next year your boys need to step up in the RWC where you have badly underachieved. There can be no excuses. You need to be seriously challenging at the final stages of that tournament.

No problem Pearcey and I agree about the RWC, but if BR had watched his team win in a similar manner today, then he wouldn't have said what he did.

He's said a few things this season TBH, but I just wasn't having that one. Not today.

He's just trying to grab the headlines and change the narrative from 'well done leinster' to 'poor badly done to, Llanelli'.

Sean

I thought that was allowed on message boards? He did say "we were comprehensively thrashed"? Then it went a bit sideways... :D

I guess the final will tells us how good Leinster are though I could make the case that he two best teams left played each other today.

Yes of course he can root for his team, its just the snide manner of doing it. He couldn't pick holes in us any other way.

His first statement was correct and he should have stuck to it.

Its quite possible that we won't beat either Racing or Munster in the final and if we do lose (while we all moan about referees, you more than anyone... :D) ....I would like to believe that I wouldn't embarrass myself in that manner.

Sean

My view point on referees is that they are very highly paid to do a job, just like the players and yet with little or no injury risk.
Every ref should be subject to performance standards, just like any other member of the work force.
In our amateur game here last week, no player was paid (and most actually pay dues and game fees ), while the ref got $500 ( and was not very good :D ).

I generally only comment on referees on here to annoy people ;) Poite, who is an excellent referee, was very consistent today, and Leinster played to him, we didn't. ;)

The issue is for the Scarlets will they go backwards next year without Barclay, Beirne and Scott Williams, or continue to improve....time will tell..

Sat Apr 21, 2018 8:09 pm
Site Admin

BigRed wrote:
You are such a twat!!

Sat Apr 21, 2018 8:10 pm
Profile E-mail
Regional Player

First off congratulations to Leinster, that was a team handing out an absolute lesson in how to play rugby today, and was one of the most one sided semi finals i have seen for a while. This is one of those days where Scarlets fans and players have to accept that they faced an oppo that absolutely beasted them from start to finish, It happens to all teams.

However to accuse a team of doping and taking illicit drugs to win is an absolute shambles of a comment, and undermines what rugbys ethics is all about. 'Judge not someone by how they win but by how they lose', THAT is when the true character of a person is revealed.

Sat Apr 21, 2018 8:11 pm
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

Well what about that then. :shock:

Congrats to Leinster on a breathtaking performance. You blew my boys clean out of the water. Scarlets couldn't cope with the power that Leinster brought to the game and it felt like try time every time Leinster got within 10 meters of the try line. I am speechless.

Sat Apr 21, 2018 9:05 pm
thread ruining clique

Sorry to hear Scarlets lost. Even sorrier to hear Blues won.

Sat Apr 21, 2018 9:09 pm
World XV Player

Only caught the first half but Leinster look to be an incredibly well rounded team with no obvious weaknesses. It would be interesting to see how they would fare up against the NZ franchises.

Irish rugby is like SA of old, MASSIVE physicality for the full 80 that other sides really struggle with. Throw in one of the best game controlling half back pairings in the world in the case of Ireland along with some blistering backs, it is the full embodiment of controlling rugby. This is the style I feel England are trying to achieve but lack that physical aggressive edge.

Sat Apr 21, 2018 9:36 pm
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

Troron wrote:
Only caught the first half but Leinster look to be an incredibly well rounded team with no obvious weaknesses. It would be interesting to see how they would fare up against the NZ franchises.

Irish rugby is like SA of old, MASSIVE physicality for the full 80 that other sides really struggle with. Throw in one of the best game controlling half back pairings in the world in the case of Ireland along with some blistering backs, it is the full embodiment of controlling rugby. This is the style I feel England are trying to achieve but lack that physical aggressive edge.

Also the team is very well coached and the discipline at the breakdown and defence generally was excellent. Notably, as Fingal says above, only Furlong started from the semi final in the pack...they figured out what needed to change and they did it.

Lancaster has been very good there.

Sat Apr 21, 2018 9:43 pm
World XV Player

Troron wrote:

Yep. They have found some high quality backs now to give them that cutting edge that was lacking. Good luck to them. They are leading the way in Northern Hemisphere rugby.

Sat Apr 21, 2018 10:28 pm
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

Well, what an extraordinary allegation. That said, we are passionate in our support of our chosen teams and our country and it is good that we care, even it sometimes leads us to make intemperate comments.

My impression was that Leinster, spurred on by their brilliant home crowd (which was a factor; if there was a drug, it was that!) played at the peak of their ability and produced an outstanding performance. On another day, in another place, that result could easily be different but let us give them full credit for a job well done. They will take a lot of stopping in the final.

On a side issue, it seems as if we in Wales are struggling to produce front five forwards with top drawer physicality, even as it also appears as if some of the Welsh regions have rediscovered a bit of flair. When we have both - look out!

Sun Apr 22, 2018 7:26 am
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

Well, what an extraordinary allegation. That said, we are passionate in our support of our chosen teams and our country and it is good that we care, even it sometimes leads us to make intemperate comments.

My impression was that Leinster, spurred on by their brilliant home crowd (which was a factor; if there was a drug, it was that!) played at the peak of their ability and produced an outstanding performance. On another day, in another place, that result could easily be different but let us give them full credit for a job well done. They will take a lot of stopping in the final.

On a side issue, it seems as if we in Wales are struggling to produce front five forwards with top drawer physicality, even as it also appears as if some of the Welsh regions have rediscovered a bit of flair. When we have both - look out!

Sun Apr 22, 2018 7:26 am
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

Sun Apr 22, 2018 7:27 am
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

Troron wrote:

Is Leinsters gain just Englands loss? Lancaster mightn't have been a good front man but I think that he has proved a bloody fine technician ... and Leinster do recognise it.

That's not suggesting that he is the architect of their success it is a wonderful team effort and started by Schmidt but Lancaster has undoubtedly been a significant contributor.

Sun Apr 22, 2018 7:58 am
Youth Player

Fids the Blindside wrote:
BigRed wrote:

Only a true *my love* would say something like that after a heavy defeat.

Its is one of the reasons I walked away from the game, moronic fans.

Yep can't but agree. Have followed a similar path with respect to the regions for the same reason and this bunch - or a significant section of their clan - remain their 'one eyed selves'. Always have been and always will be. Disgraceful comment.

Sun Apr 22, 2018 8:06 am
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

Tony Panties wrote:
Troron wrote:

Is Leinsters gain just Englands loss? Lancaster mightn't have been a good front man but I think that he has proved a bloody fine technician ... and Leinster do recognise it.

That's not suggesting that he is the architect of their success it is a wonderful team effort and started by Schmidt but Lancaster has undoubtedly been a significant contributor.

I’d argue that Lancaster is a good front man. His overall record for England was excellent. Let’s not forget the mess he inherited from Johnson. His mistake was treating Wales with too much respect in the World Cup

Sun Apr 22, 2018 8:58 am
Profile E-mail
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 140 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next