It is currently Sun Jun 17, 2018 10:44 pm

Almost bigger than 9 - 3 
World XV Player

Post Almost bigger than 9 - 3
Wayne Pivac says that beating Leinster and getting to the final of the European Champions Cup would be almost bigger than beating the All Blacks in 1972, and he wants to be part of that history. Wayne mate, it's you who will have made it if it happens. 8) :clap:

Link: https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/rugby-union/43784705

Tue Apr 17, 2018 6:19 pm
World XV Player

Post Re: Almost bigger than 9 - 3
Falling short is not the ultimate.

Must win the Final.

Tue Apr 17, 2018 6:58 pm
World XV Player

Well that would be great Tel, and the optimist in me says bring it on. But I fear the journey may come to an end this weekend.

On a positive note, if we do fall short on Saturday at least it will mean that 9-3 rolls on and wonlt be overshadowed yet again. :D

Tue Apr 17, 2018 10:20 pm
World XV Player

With all the success against Southern Hemisphere International sides by half a dozen other Welsh club sides and you still cling to 9 - 3 like new born babes to their mothers teat.

:binky:

:kermit:

Wed Apr 18, 2018 8:14 am
World XV Player

Bouch wrote:
With all the success against Southern Hemisphere International sides by half a dozen other Welsh club sides and you still cling to 9 - 3 like new born babes to their mothers teat.

:binky:

:kermit:

Yep! Quite true. The newborn babes get to the teats more than most of us. No matter how hard we try. :D

Wed Apr 18, 2018 8:36 am
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

ICEverything wrote:
Well that would be great Tel, and the optimist in me says bring it on. But I fear the journey may come to an end this weekend.

On a positive note, if we do fall short on Saturday at least it will mean that 9-3 rolls on and wonlt be overshadowed yet again. :D

I'm hoping Icey, inevitably back row key and Scarlets have to win and deny lots of possession to the powerful Leins backs.

They are proven up to it but I fear the Aviva presence may be too much.

Que le meillure gagne (may the best win) as long as it's the Scarlets, eh?

Wed Apr 18, 2018 9:31 am
World XV Player

ICEverything wrote:

:D
I'd like to be more a bit more positive and predict a Scarlets win on Saturday but I don't see it - would love your boys to prove me wrong though!

Wed Apr 18, 2018 10:02 am
World XV Player

Old Second Row wrote:
ICEverything wrote:

I'd like to be more a bit more positive and predict a Scarlets win on Saturday but I don't see it - would love your boys to prove me wrong though!

OSR, my old man used to say 'blessed is he who expects nothing, for he shall never be disappointing'. :D I will be going into the game with this in mind. Fingers crossed though.

Tel, I think your right about the backrow but I'm also thinking of what the Irish pack did to Wales in the 6N. Scarlets defence is good but if the Leinster backs get more than their fair share of ball it could be horrible.

Apparently the Leinster fans wont be at the game in as great a number as they were for the Saraces match which I find odd. Maybe they are saving their money for Bilbao. :D

Wed Apr 18, 2018 10:09 am
World XV Player

ICEverything wrote:
Old Second Row wrote:
ICEverything wrote:

OSR, my old man used to say 'blessed is he who expects nothing, for he shall never be disappointing'. :D I will be going into the game with this in mind. Fingers crossed though.

Tel, I think your right about the backrow but I'm also thinking of what the Irish pack did to Wales in the 6N. Scarlets defence is good but if the Leinster backs get more than their fair share of ball it could be horrible.

Apparently the Leinster fans wont be at the game in as great a number as they were for the Saraces match which I find odd. Maybe they are saving their money for Bilbao. :D

Scarlets set piece is normally sound.

I fear bench though ...Leins often have powerful forwards there all depts.....

Wed Apr 18, 2018 10:15 am
World XV Player

ICEverything wrote:

looking forward to 2022, Rob :thumbup:

Fri Apr 20, 2018 8:01 pm
World XV Player

ICEverything wrote:
Wayne Pivac says that beating Leinster and getting to the final of the European Champions Cup would be almost bigger than beating the All Blacks in 1972, and he wants to be part of that history. Wayne mate, it's you who will have made it if it happens. 8) :clap:

Is it as big as the year CRFC made the final

Fri Apr 20, 2018 8:45 pm
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

jimcardiff wrote:
ICEverything wrote:

In the modern era, yes

Sat Apr 21, 2018 2:37 am
World XV Player

Langland Exile wrote:
jimcardiff wrote:
ICEverything wrote:

In the modern era, yes

Yes, its as big as that. :clap:

Sat Apr 21, 2018 9:01 am
World XV Player

This should get everyone in the mood.

Sat Apr 21, 2018 9:21 am
World XV Player

9-3 looking pretty safe right now.. ;)