It is currently Sun May 20, 2018 12:53 pm

How come Leinster are playing at the Aviva in the semi? 
International Player

Post Re: How come Leinster are playing at the Aviva in the semi?
Sam Biscuits wrote:
I think given the importance of home advantage in rugby semi-finals and finals should be st neutral grounds where ever possible irrespective of group performances. No idea who was in Leinster’s groups and undoubtedly they’ve been amazing as usual.

But every year, an Italian team is in someone’s group. I imagine there’s correlation in the number of points of group winners when in a group with an Italian side, and group winners’ points without an Italian side. This will give a team fortunate enough to draw an Italian team and good enough to exploit it, walking away with 10 points. Just a guess like, I’ve not checked! :D

Leinster had minnows Exeter Chiefs, Montpelier and Glasgow in the pool stage. Finished on 27 points and 6 wins. The Scarlets had Benetton and managed 21 points and 4 wins. 3 of the other 4 groups finished on 21 points or above.

Mon Apr 16, 2018 10:42 pm
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

Fingal wrote:
Sam Biscuits wrote:
I think given the importance of home advantage in rugby semi-finals and finals should be st neutral grounds where ever possible irrespective of group performances. No idea who was in Leinster’s groups and undoubtedly they’ve been amazing as usual.

But every year, an Italian team is in someone’s group. I imagine there’s correlation in the number of points of group winners when in a group with an Italian side, and group winners’ points without an Italian side. This will give a team fortunate enough to draw an Italian team and good enough to exploit it, walking away with 10 points. Just a guess like, I’ve not checked! :D

Leinster had minnows Exeter Chiefs, Montpelier and Glasgow in the pool stage. Finished on 27 points and 6 wins. The Scarlets had Benetton and managed 21 points and 4 wins. 3 of the other 4 groups finished on 21 points or above.

Yes, better to have 3 good teams that you can beat in your group rather than 2 tougher teams and an Italian. The 2 bonus points picked up against an Italian team is blown away by a loss to a team like Toulon or Saracens.

Tue Apr 17, 2018 9:29 am
Primary Schools Player

Jonathan Davies was asked was it fair to Ulster for Scarlets to field weak team against Glasgow and he said Ulster would do the ver same thing.
Pretty sure Scarlets would take any advantage and think it fair.

Wed Apr 18, 2018 7:29 pm
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

antietam wrote:
Jonathan Davies was asked was it fair to Ulster for Scarlets to field weak team against Glasgow and he said Ulster would do the ver same thing.
Pretty sure Scarlets would take any advantage and think it fair.

Don't you mean Edinburgh? Both Scarlets and the Glasgow fielded full-strength teams two weeks ago at PyS.

Wed Apr 18, 2018 8:23 pm
Profile E-mail
Primary Schools Player

Yeah, Glasgow could not be caught.

Wed Apr 18, 2018 9:37 pm
Profile E-mail