It is currently Sun Jun 17, 2018 10:38 pm

Scottish capital versus Welsh capital (March 2018) 
World XV Player

Post Re: Scottish capital versus Welsh capital (March 2018)
What a relief, Burgh were pressing but only have one player of note, that is their fullback. Quite a slippery character.
6 - 20 was a fair reflection of the game.
Well done Blues. :occasion5:

Sat Mar 31, 2018 7:37 pm
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

An excellent weekend for the regions. Have we ever had two semi finalists before?

Sat Mar 31, 2018 7:43 pm
Profile E-mail
Club Player

A tale of two halves, Cardiff dominated the first half, all defense in the second, good effort to keep the jocks from scoring a try, a job well done.

Sat Mar 31, 2018 7:45 pm
Profile E-mail
Club Player

Pearcey3 wrote:
An excellent weekend for the regions. Have we ever had two semi finalists before?

Don't think so, gives us something to look forward to at the closing stages of the season.

Sat Mar 31, 2018 7:46 pm
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

Congrats to the Blues. I've just watched it on record. A well deserved win. :clap:

Sat Mar 31, 2018 7:57 pm
Regional Player

Will make a couple of comments beyond this is a game Edinburgh lost rather than the Blues won.
My first point is why do the Blues have so many outfits in the wardrobe. Is it a commercial ploy to target children into keeping up to date with their replica kits ? Secondly why do we persist in opening games with firework displays ? Most cause a misty atmosphere, but last night we had a full blown fog, which not only produced blurred pictures for more than five minutes, but also caused obvious discomfort to some of the players until it had cleared.

Abandon these displays please and knock 5 pence off each ticket.

Sun Apr 01, 2018 11:14 am
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

JOHNWALES wrote:
Will make a couple of comments beyond this is a game Edinburgh lost rather than the Blues won.
My first point is why do the Blues have so many outfits in the wardrobe. Is it a commercial ploy to target children into keeping up to date with their replica kits ? Secondly why do we persist in opening games with firework displays ? Most cause a misty atmosphere, but last night we had a full blown fog, which not only produced blurred pictures for more than five minutes, but also caused obvious discomfort to some of the players until it had cleared.

I agree about jerseys but I'm an old fogey in that respect trying to cling to the past :D

The firework aspect was certainly extreme yesterday when I opened to game I though it was dense fog!

Anyway, Cardiff won well and some of their youngsters look very promising especially Lane (?) winger and Evans (?) the 10.

Navidi deserved mom and his form is really on the up ...

Pau are going to be a difficult opponent especially if Slade at 10 is fit (HIA's) .. they are all round powerful and really competitive in the Top14 this Season with excellenet support.

Can't stand Manix their Coach ..ugh.. but he's built a very competitive all round team.

Home venue important

The Cardiff Coaching team are certainly turning around a poor start to the Season.

2 Welsh teams in the semis ... :thumbup:

Need to nail it now ...

Sun Apr 01, 2018 12:12 pm
British & Irish Lions Player

Tony Panties wrote:
JOHNWALES wrote:

I agree about jerseys but I'm an old fogey in that respect trying to cling to the past :D

The firework aspect was certainly extreme yesterday when I opened to game I though it was dense fog!

Anyway, Cardiff won well and some of their youngsters look very promising especially Lane (?) winger and Evans (?) the 10.

Navidi deserved mom and his form is really on the up ...

Pau are going to be a difficult opponent especially if Slade at 10 is fit (HIA's) .. they are all round powerful and really competitive in the Top14 this Season with excellenet support.

Can't stand Manix their Coach ..ugh.. but he's built a very competitive all round team.

Home venue important

The Cardiff Coaching team are certainly turning around a poor start to the Season.

2 Welsh teams in the semis ... :thumbup:

Need to nail it now ...

The back row battle should be great vs Pau.

Sun Apr 01, 2018 12:25 pm
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

If the blues tight head can stay fit and put a run of games together he can be a player

World Cup might be a bit too soon though

Sun Apr 01, 2018 1:13 pm
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

error

Sun Apr 01, 2018 1:52 pm
World XV Player

Pearcey3 wrote:

Yes actually. In 2002, Llanelli reached the Heineken Cup semis while Pontypridd reached the Challenge Cup semis, and in 2007 Scarlets reached the Heineken Cup semis and Dragons reached the Challenge Cup semis.

Fri May 04, 2018 6:13 pm
Profile E-mail