It is currently Fri Feb 23, 2018 11:53 am

Parc y Scarlets - Sold out in 20 minutes. 
World XV Player

Post Parc y Scarlets - Sold out in 20 minutes.
Tickets for the QF between the Scarlets and La Rochelle went on sale to the general public today and were sold out in 20 minutes. People were queuing from 6am for the ticket office to open at 9am.

The Toulon game was the biggest game ever held at PyS. Now it looks like this QF will top even that day.

We live in great days folks. 8)

Sat Feb 10, 2018 11:03 am
World XV Player

Post Re: Parc y Scarlets - Sold out in 20 minutes.
Pob Lwc Rob

Sat Feb 10, 2018 11:05 am
World XV Player

Cheers Keith, if a ticket becomes available I'll save one for you. 8)

Sat Feb 10, 2018 11:15 am
World XV Player

Good to see Icey :thumbup:

La Rochelle their opponents have consecutive full houses ... almost irrespective ..

This a report Oct 2017 and it continues

...up until 5 Dec 24 consecutive 16,000 Top14 full houses.

They also sell over 11,000 Season Ticks, ....

It's not that big a town ...population 80k

It's also their first Champions Cup Season ...and was a sell out for their first home game there.

It's an incredible Club and ambiance given the Top14 presence of big rich Clubs and budgets.
(Top before play offs last Season and back there competitive at the mo)

As has been see they play very exciting rugby ... maybe too open.

They have shown fragility away and trying to rotate a squad that isn't that deep.

If it runs to form should be a cracker v Scarlets ... Two teams certainly alike in their commitment to open rugby. I think Scarlets will have too much nous in their team and background for them.

The home fixture was VITAL!!

-------------------------------------------------

La Rochelle : Marcel-Deflandre à guichets fermés pour la réception de l'Ulster
Par Eurosport

Le 18/10/2017 à 13:20Mis à jour Le 19/10/2017 à 12:11

CHAMPIONS CUP - Les tribunes du stade Marcel-Deflandre afficheront complètes pour la réception de l'Ulster dans le cadre de la deuxième journée de Champions Cup. Le Stade rochelais vient d'enchaîner 24 matches à domicile à guichets fermés en Top 14.

Près de 16 000 billets ont donc été vendus pour ce premier match de la grande coupe d'Europe à domicile des Maritimes. La dernière fois que le Stade rochelais n'avait pas fait le plein en championnat, c'était le 5 décembre 2015, contre Grenoble (24 "guichets fermés" consécutifs). Il semble parti sur d'aussi bonnes bases sur le devant de la scène continentale.

Sat Feb 10, 2018 1:15 pm
World XV Player

Tel, how many La Rochelle fans do you think will travel to Llanelli? We're hoping quite a few will travel but also hoping quite a few of their 3,000 allocation of tickets will be returned to satisfy demand locally.

Sun Feb 11, 2018 10:43 am
World XV Player

ICEverything wrote:
Tel, how many La Rochelle fans do you think will travel to Llanelli? We're hoping quite a few will travel but also hoping quite a few of their 3,000 allocation of tickets will be returned to satisfy demand locally.

Traditionally not many Club fans travel to Europe away games and not so much in Top14 either...travel distances can be very long.

Clermont have a strong following and I suspect La Roc may well send some but I doubt it will be significant.

Their team support wear is bizarre ringed black and yellow old US style baggy prisoner garb! :D

There are flights La Rochelle Cardiff but I doubt that they are frequent and would fit? They could charter.

Road/Rail difficult.

We'll see.

Sun Feb 11, 2018 11:04 am
World XV Player

Tony Panties wrote:
ICEverything wrote:

Traditionally not many Club fans travel to Europe away games and not so much in Top14 either...travel distances can be very long.

Clermont have a strong following and I suspect La Roc may well send some but I doubt it will be significant.

Their team support wear is bizarre ringed black and yellow old US style baggy prisoner garb! :D

There are flights La Rochelle Cardiff but I doubt that they are frequent and would fit? They could charter.

Road/Rail difficult.

We'll see.

Twil be difficult to tell them apart in Llanelli in their baggy prison garb. :D

I holiday near La Rochelle from time to time and usually take the car to fit all the kids and surfing gear in. Tis a long trip by road.

Sun Feb 11, 2018 11:22 am
World XV Player

Tony Panties wrote:
ICEverything wrote:

Road/Rail difficult.

We'll see.

Train systems in both countries are excellent, it's just a long way.

It's odd but my sister, when travelling to Swansea from the Languedoc, prefers to drive to Marseilles, 2 hours, fly from Marseilles to Amsterdam and then onto Cardiff (3 hour turn around), rather than take the train from Avignon to London, with Avignon being 15 minutes away.

To each their own..

Mon Feb 12, 2018 10:36 am
World XV Player

Langland Exile wrote:
Tony Panties wrote:
ICEverything wrote:

Road/Rail difficult.

We'll see.

Train systems in both countries are excellent, it's just a long way.

It's odd but my sister, when travelling to Swansea from the Languedoc, prefers to drive to Marseilles, 2 hours, fly from Marseilles to Amsterdam and then onto Cardiff (3 hour turn around), rather than take the train from Avignon to London, with Avignon being 15 minutes away.

To each their own..

I have taken TGV from Agen (30 mins away) quick change at Lille for Euostar to London and then to family faster door to door than home to Tlse (60 mins away), the Toulouse/Gatwick flight and car travel to N Hants. ...and TGV is excellent conditions and automatic compensation for even short delays.Train travel also carries big discounts and first class affordable.

When Mam was alive I took flight Tlse to Bristol and train. Cardiff flight cancelled.

Motorway travel is excellent if one avoids holiday period when it's chaos.

Taking the dog means car and ferry! :D...a couple of days.

Mon Feb 12, 2018 11:13 am
World XV Player

This article statesthat there is an allocation of 3,000 places to La Roc but doubt over take up because of 17:30 Friday fixture.

http://www.sudouest.fr/2018/02/05/stade ... 05-773.php

Mon Feb 12, 2018 11:36 am
World XV Player

Isn't it a bank holiday in France?

Mon Feb 12, 2018 11:42 am
World XV Player

ICEverything wrote:
Isn't it a bank holiday in France?

Good friday a working day in France and the Easter hols trad family affairs...often last skiing opportunities

Mon Feb 12, 2018 11:54 am
World XV Player

In french Rugby press today :

states:

14870 sellout etc and that Scarlets are in the later stages for only the second time in their history after having feached the semi finals in 2007 ;)

Mon Feb 12, 2018 3:28 pm
World XV Player

Pity about the bad draw for the Scarlets, if they beat La Rochelle I don't agree with them being away in the semis if they play Saracens, fair enough Leinster but not Saracens.

Tue Feb 13, 2018 11:43 am
World XV Player

ICEverything wrote:
Tickets for the QF between the Scarlets and La Rochelle went on sale to the general public today and were sold out in 20 minutes. People were queuing from 6am for the ticket office to open at 9am.

The Toulon game was the biggest game ever held at PyS. Now it looks like this QF will top even that day.

We live in great days folks. 8)

Good luck Icey, hope you enjoy. ;)

Tue Feb 13, 2018 12:04 pm