It is currently Mon May 21, 2018 7:26 pm

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 83 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Bastereaud looking at long term ban 
World XV Player

Post Re: Bastereaud looking at long term ban
Langland Exile wrote:
Tony Panties wrote:
CymraegJanner wrote:
3 weeks down from 6, wasn't it?

Yes, apparently some reduction for pleading guilty without contention ;)

6 wks being the minimum for the 'reduced' aspect of just an insulting retort ( my words)

...and, incidentally, no mention of the content of the initial comment from the Benetton. player.

An absolute farce, but given it's a combination of the French and English Rugby mafia not at all surprised. ;)

Icey, where is the social justice, where is respect for mankind? How can we live with ourselves if we condone this horrific example of homophobia? :sad5:

Think of the thousands of people who will now require additional therapy and counselling..3 weeks... it is a joke..rugby is guilty here and fans should boycott the 6 Nations games until those who run rugby understand the painful consequences of social injustice. :oops:

Smart move to plead guilty though as it is all on tape...even Trump did that... ;)

You going to lead the way by boycottong the 6Ns?

At least 'selected' referees will be relieved ;)

PS ref the English/French mafia which country reps stood in judgement?

Get real

Thu Jan 18, 2018 4:01 pm
World XV Player

My Mrs was asking about Bastereaud last night and why he was banned. The rugby programme on BT was on while she was doing her newspaper puzzles and it cught her attention. I explained and then she remarked that he was a nobber and was probably gay himself. Her theory was that he was probably trying to deflect attention from himself. I can't fault the reasoning!

'I am Stepney, I am Peru, I am divine and so are you.' ( John Wardell, aka Jah Wobble from his album 'Take me to God' who when introduced to John Lydon in a pub was so utterly pissed that he couldn't even pronounce his own name: thus 'Jah Wobble'.)

Thu Jan 18, 2018 9:01 pm
World XV Player

simondavis wrote:
My Mrs was asking about Bastereaud last night and why he was banned. The rugby programme on BT was on while she was doing her newspaper puzzles and it cught her attention. I explained and then she remarked that he was a nobber and was probably gay himself. Her theory was that he was probably trying to deflect attention from himself. I can't fault the reasoning!

There are various undercurrents here in Basta's past including some significant ´stress' concerns.

Whether this did or could have an effect is conjecture ..

Thu Jan 18, 2018 9:21 pm
World XV Player

Tony Panties wrote:
simondavis wrote:

There are various undercurrents here in Basta's past including some significant ´stress' concerns.

Some call it conjecture, others gossip. I know of his past, he's a troubled man if you believe what you are told by the media. What he said was disgraceful whichever way you take it. He absolutely deserves his ban. In my mind he should have had 6 months minimum.

'I am Stepney, I am Peru, I am divine and so are you.' ( John Wardell, aka Jah Wobble from his album 'Take me to God' who when introduced to John Lydon in a pub was so utterly pissed that he couldn't even pronounce his own name: thus 'Jah Wobble'.)

Thu Jan 18, 2018 9:35 pm
World XV Player

Tony Panties wrote:
Langland Exile wrote:
Tony Panties wrote:
CymraegJanner wrote:

6 wks being the minimum for the 'reduced' aspect of just an insulting retort ( my words)

...and, incidentally, no mention of the content of the initial comment from the Benetton. player.

An absolute farce, but given it's a combination of the French and English Rugby mafia not at all surprised. ;)

Icey, where is the social justice, where is respect for mankind? How can we live with ourselves if we condone this horrific example of homophobia? :sad5:

Think of the thousands of people who will now require additional therapy and counselling..3 weeks... it is a joke..rugby is guilty here and fans should boycott the 6 Nations games until those who run rugby understand the painful consequences of social injustice. :oops:

Smart move to plead guilty though as it is all on tape...even Trump did that... ;)

Get real

Pete Townsend was right...

"Hope I die before I get old"-My Generation, 1964

You really need to go on Amazon and buy a sense of humour.. ;)

They have discounts for seniors...

Thu Jan 18, 2018 9:53 pm
World XV Player

Langland Exile wrote:
Tony Panties wrote:
Langland Exile wrote:
Tony Panties wrote:
CymraegJanner wrote:

Get real

Pete Townsend was right...

"Hope I die before I get old"-My Generation, 1964

You really need to go on Amazon and buy a sense of humour.. ;)

They have discounts for seniors...

We can add ageism to the range of abuse then? ;) :D

Thu Jan 18, 2018 9:57 pm
World XV Player

simondavis wrote:
Tony Panties wrote:
simondavis wrote:

Some call it conjecture, others gossip. I know of his past, he's a troubled man if you believe what you are told by the media. What he said was disgraceful whichever way you take it. He absolutely deserves his ban. In my mind he should have had 6 months minimum.

There is another aspect ....?

I am not aware of any detail that reveals what the Benetton player said to incite the vulgar response (racist remark has been siggested)

I think that the EPCR and the disciplinary panel may well have tried to avoid a more extensive bag of worms in this respect and also the potential ongoing fracas that could have ensued at a country level?

Now, whether that is just a cop out or a sensible exit is a moot point?

Thu Jan 18, 2018 10:04 pm
World XV Player

ICEverything wrote:
Langland Exile wrote:
Tony Panties wrote:
CymraegJanner wrote:

Yes, apparently some reduction for pleading guilty without contention

[b]Icey, where is the social justice, where is respect for mankind? How can we live with ourselves if we condone this horrific example of homophobia?

Think of the thousands of people who will now require additional therapy and counselling..3 weeks... it is a joke..rugby is guilty here and fans should boycott the 6 Nations games until those who run rugby understand the painful consequences of social injustice.

LE, I can't work out if your mocking me or not here.

I'm glad for the player that the penalty is not greater. I think the issue has been side stepped and probably for the best in this case, but I do feel uncomfortable about it all the same. Not in any 'high horse' sort of a way - just in a 'oh well' sort of a way.

Icey:

The post served its purpose, it created uncertainty, and a smile from/for those who have a sense of humour...alas not all..

I see a new TV reality series here, "Insult Fellow Europeans", it would be even more popular than the Eurovision Song Contest, or whatever it is called today. You get US based transsexuals to compere it, and add a bit of Spice (which One though...?) :D ;)

The Irish can call the Germans names, the French the Italians and so on. it will provide new materials for Boris and his friends, which they seem very short of..first prize would be take in 500 immigrants from Calais every week? :twisted:

We can add subtitles and multiple languages put some stocks on the set so that people can pay to throw fruit ..it's a killer idea.. :P :D

I am installing 40 EV Stations at Fox on the main lot on Pico Blvd tomorrow, I'll pitch it to them :thumbup: :D

Thu Jan 18, 2018 10:06 pm
World XV Player

Langland Exile wrote:
ICEverything wrote:
Langland Exile wrote:
Tony Panties wrote:
CymraegJanner wrote:

[b]Icey, where is the social justice, where is respect for mankind? How can we live with ourselves if we condone this horrific example of homophobia?

Think of the thousands of people who will now require additional therapy and counselling..3 weeks... it is a joke..rugby is guilty here and fans should boycott the 6 Nations games until those who run rugby understand the painful consequences of social injustice.

I'm glad for the player that the penalty is not greater. I think the issue has been side stepped and probably for the best in this case, but I do feel uncomfortable about it all the same. Not in any 'high horse' sort of a way - just in a 'oh well' sort of a way.

Icey:

The post served its purpose, it created uncertainty, and a smile from/for those who have a sense of humour...alas not all..

I see a new TV reality series here, "Insult Fellow Europeans", it would be even more popular than the Eurovision Song Contest, or whatever it is called today. You get US based transsexuals to compere it, and add a bit of Spice (which One though...?) :D ;)

The Irish can call the Germans names, the French the Italians and so on. it will provide new materials for Boris and his friends, which they seem very short of..first prize would be take in 500 immigrants from Calais every week? :twisted:

We can add subtitles and multiple languages put some stocks on the set so that people can pay to throw fruit ..it's a killer idea.. :P :D

I am installing 40 EV Stations at Fox on the main lot on Pico Blvd tomorrow, I'll pitch it to them :thumbup: :D

Good luck with your project.
I can see the headlines, man makes millions out of rugby union.

Thu Jan 18, 2018 10:18 pm
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

BigRed wrote:
Langland Exile wrote:
ICEverything wrote:
Langland Exile wrote:
Tony Panties wrote:
CymraegJanner wrote:

Icey:

Good luck with your project.
I can see the headlines, man makes millions out of rugby union.

There's a first time for everything... ;)

Fri Jan 19, 2018 3:44 am
World XV Player

BigRed wrote:
loosechange wrote:
I think it becomes offensive when the target group is already looked down upon. Gay people have come a long way but they are in no way even close to being equal in many countries, people are still murdered for being gay, it’s ridiculous. Any measure to try and help them is a good thing. “Fag” is a put down, and the only way we can change that is by telling morons who say it, that it’s not on.

Basta needs to grow TFU. I used to call people fags when I was in primary school, but now I know what I shouldn’t say so don’t, it’s called being a grown up. It’s such a childish insult, it’s embarrassing.

As for the ban, no opinion on it really. He’ll get some time off, which will send the right message to players, and that’s probably the best outcome. Players surrounded by mic’s is here to stay, being old school means you have to change. It’s pro sport.

It has reached a stage now that the only people still left to slag off is the poor old white male.
Every other group is protected by PC.
This world is in a very sad state I'm afraid to say.
Put the white male in a box and shut him up until the whole world reverts to the stone age then bring him out to re-establish civilisation. :D
White male bashing in the political realms is sickening. They can say what they like about us, yet we have to keep silent because whatever we say is wrong. If B had said bloody white imbecile nothing would be said about it and he wouldn't be facing a ban.
Now can we get back to rugby because this is what scumv is all about?

That is rubbish.

In almost all circumstance white men are in the dominant position. As a white man myself I don't find myself sexually or racially discriminated against. I suspect you too are white male, and probably don't find yourself victimised.

But the point is... He didn't say white imbecile.

Hypothetically, you can argue anything if you start a sensece with "had he had a go at a white man". The point is he didn't.

Sat Jan 20, 2018 12:23 am
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

Cymru am byth wrote:
BigRed wrote:
loosechange wrote:
I think it becomes offensive when the target group is already looked down upon. Gay people have come a long way but they are in no way even close to being equal in many countries, people are still murdered for being gay, it’s ridiculous. Any measure to try and help them is a good thing. “Fag” is a put down, and the only way we can change that is by telling morons who say it, that it’s not on.

Basta needs to grow TFU. I used to call people fags when I was in primary school, but now I know what I shouldn’t say so don’t, it’s called being a grown up. It’s such a childish insult, it’s embarrassing.

As for the ban, no opinion on it really. He’ll get some time off, which will send the right message to players, and that’s probably the best outcome. Players surrounded by mic’s is here to stay, being old school means you have to change. It’s pro sport.

It has reached a stage now that the only people still left to slag off is the poor old white male.
Put the white male in a box and shut him up until the whole world reverts to the stone age then bring him out to re-establish civilisation. :D
White male bashing in the political realms is sickening. They can say what they like about us, yet we have to keep silent because whatever we say is wrong. If B had said bloody white imbecile nothing would be said about it and he wouldn't be facing a ban.

That is rubbish.

In almost all circumstance white men are in the dominant position. As a white man myself I don't find myself sexually or racially discriminated against. I suspect you too are white male, and probably don't find yourself victimised.

Hypothetically, you can argue anything if you start a sensece with "had he had a go at a white man". The point is he didn't.

:clap: :thumbup:

Sat Jan 20, 2018 10:25 am
World XV Player

Cymru am byth wrote:
BigRed wrote:
loosechange wrote:

That is rubbish.

The white man is doomed. :D

Sat Jan 20, 2018 11:01 am
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

Basta wasn't missed I don't think..

Sat Jan 20, 2018 8:42 pm
World XV Player

Langland Exile wrote:
Basta wasn't missed I don't think..

Radradra had a better game than expected given his RL origin.

Sat Jan 20, 2018 8:46 pm
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 83 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next