It is currently Sat Feb 17, 2018 8:31 pm

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 160 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11
Scarlets v Toulon 
World XV Player

Post Re: Scarlets v Toulon
ICEverything wrote:
Luvved Ashton trying to milk a penalty by pushing Prydie, only for Barnes to give it the other way. :D

Prydie a very underestimated player, IMHO.
Watch him on attack or defence he is always thereabouts, a constant threat on attack and sturdy in defence.. :D

Sun Jan 21, 2018 11:00 am
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

BigRed wrote:
ICEverything wrote:
Luvved Ashton trying to milk a penalty by pushing Prydie, only for Barnes to give it the other way. :D

Watch him on attack or defence he is always thereabouts, a constant threat on attack and sturdy in defence.. :D

It is quite sad that Prydie was so badly used by both Ospreys and Dragons. Just look at who Ospreys had on the wings yesterday. Hassler and Dirksen, neither of them are in the same class as Prydie.
I think Prydie will go a long way with Scarlets, I hope Pivac shows confidence in him to bring him on some more.
I may add that he has a very educated boot and is quite able to put over kicks from the halfway line.

Sun Jan 21, 2018 11:15 am
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

BigRed wrote:
ICEverything wrote:

Yep, and he's really stepped up to the mark since securing a starting spot in the team. Same goes for Asquith. There's going to be one heck of a fight for places when Steff Evans and McNicholl come back into the frame.

Sun Jan 21, 2018 11:17 am
World XV Player

BigRed wrote:
BigRed wrote:
ICEverything wrote:

It is quite sad that Prydie was so badly used by both Ospreys and Dragons. Just look at who Ospreys had on the wings yesterday. Hassler and Dirksen, neither of them are in the same class as Prydie.
I think Prydie will go a long way with Scarlets, I hope Pivac shows confidence in him to bring him on some more.
I may add that he has a very educated boot and is quite able to put over kicks from the halfway line.
I noticed him and Pacthell at one point stepping up to take a long range kick at goal. Seems like they had a discussion as to who should take it.

Sun Jan 21, 2018 11:19 am
World XV Player

ICEverything wrote:
BigRed wrote:
ICEverything wrote:

Yep, and he's really stepped up to the mark since securing a starting spot in the team. Same goes for Asquith. There's going to be one heck of a fight for places when Steff Evans and McNicholl come back into the frame.

Yep but that will only be when the 6N is done and dusted. So both Asquith and Prydie have time to bed themselves in.
I don't think that Asquith is Wales qualified but he is not tied to any country, as far as I know.
Also, not sure if he still in the three-year qualification zone.
He is certainly a true ball player.

Sun Jan 21, 2018 11:21 am
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

ICEverything wrote:
BigRed wrote:
BigRed wrote:
ICEverything wrote:

I noticed him and Pacthell at one point stepping up to take a long range kick at goal. Seems like they had a discussion as to who should take it.

Had it been a bit further out I think Prydie would have taken it.

Sun Jan 21, 2018 11:24 am
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

Patchell at 15 has also turned out to be a huge positive. Coming in to the line and creating at first receiver or anywhere along the backline in fact.

But the most amazing thing about this side at the moment is the defence. Previous Scarlets teams would have conceded quite a few tries in these types of games so hats off again the the coaches and in particular to Hayward in this case. :clap:

Sun Jan 21, 2018 11:30 am
World XV Player

Good to see Prydie being played. I was sceptical when he was signed for the Scarlets, but he has been good for them.

Sun Jan 21, 2018 12:02 pm
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

Delighted for the Scarlets the pro 14 has had a great year. :cheers:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nLZ_kbWCvTU

Sun Jan 21, 2018 12:54 pm
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

Thanks, the singing was fantastic yesterday :thumbup:

Sun Jan 21, 2018 2:09 pm
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 160 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11