It is currently Tue Apr 24, 2018 9:47 am




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 65 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
European Champions Cup: Ospreys v Saracens (Sat 13.01.2018)) 
Author Message
World XV Player

Joined: Thu Jul 21, 2011 11:50 am
Posts: 6455
Post Re: European Champions Cup: Ospreys v Saracens (Sat 13.01.2018))
BigRed wrote:
Nicky Smith has really impressed me tonight.
FT 15 - 15

My MOM is Nicky Smith


Sat Jan 13, 2018 10:37 pm
Profile E-mail
World XV Player
User avatar

Joined: Thu May 06, 2004 5:40 pm
Posts: 61749
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Post Re: European Champions Cup: Ospreys v Saracens (Sat 13.01.2018))
rugbydan wrote:
Langland Exile wrote:
rugbydan wrote:
A draw will have to do.


They could beat Clermont


Unlikely but we aint gonna win tonight. i guess had to take the draw.


Northampton did...

_________________
We are all in the gutter but me and my mam are looking at the stars!


Sat Jan 13, 2018 10:40 pm
Profile
World XV Player

Joined: Thu Jul 21, 2011 11:50 am
Posts: 6455
Post Re: European Champions Cup: Ospreys v Saracens (Sat 13.01.2018))
BigRed wrote:
BigRed wrote:
Nicky Smith has really impressed me tonight.
FT 15 - 15

My MOM is Nicky Smith

Tipuric MOM but on receiving the MOM he said he thinks one of the props should have got it.
I agree. :D


Sat Jan 13, 2018 10:43 pm
Profile E-mail
World XV Player
User avatar

Joined: Sat Feb 10, 2007 5:21 pm
Posts: 6128
Location: The land of Brexit
Post Re: European Champions Cup: Ospreys v Saracens (Sat 13.01.2018))
Langland Exile wrote:
rugbydan wrote:
Langland Exile wrote:
rugbydan wrote:
A draw will have to do.


They could beat Clermont


Unlikely but we aint gonna win tonight. i guess had to take the draw.


Northampton did...


yep. I genuinely feel to go through Osps need to be clermont. If they do it will still be tight. A win tonight wouldnt have guaranteed anything but would have helped.

On balance I dont think my team are going through. I believe Ospreys will lose in France and our season is over.

_________________
Sign up & join the cause! Stop the conspiracy! - http://www.extra-ranking-points-for-Wales.com


Sat Jan 13, 2018 10:45 pm
Profile
World XV Player

Joined: Thu Jul 21, 2011 11:50 am
Posts: 6455
Post Re: European Champions Cup: Ospreys v Saracens (Sat 13.01.2018))
rugbydan wrote:
Langland Exile wrote:
rugbydan wrote:
Langland Exile wrote:
rugbydan wrote:
A draw will have to do.


They could beat Clermont


Unlikely but we aint gonna win tonight. i guess had to take the draw.


Northampton did...


yep. I genuinely feel to go through Osps need to be clermont. If they do it will still be tight. A win tonight wouldnt have guaranteed anything but would have helped.

On balance I dont think my team are going through. I believe Ospreys will lose in France and our season is over.

I don't agree. It's not all over until the fat lady sings.
I'd be surprised if Ospreys go to France thinking of defeat.
Their were lots of positives that Ospreys can take out of tonight.
There scrum was excellent, unfortunately, they are pretty average in their backline, apart from Biggar and Webb.


Sat Jan 13, 2018 10:50 pm
Profile E-mail
Regional Player

Joined: Sun Jul 09, 2017 4:16 pm
Posts: 312
Post Re: European Champions Cup: Ospreys v Saracens (Sat 13.01.2018))
The Ospreys were very one dimensional tonight, and Rhys Webb did not have much of a game. Harlequins v Wasps and Northampton v Clermont were classics.


Sat Jan 13, 2018 10:54 pm
Profile E-mail
International Player

Joined: Sun Feb 24, 2013 1:46 pm
Posts: 783
Location: Swansea
Post Re: European Champions Cup: Ospreys v Saracens (Sat 13.01.2018))
I don't think a draw is good enough for us.

At best we will get 2 points from Clermont whilst Saracens
will get 5 against Northampton and pass us.

The Ospreys (coaches most certainly included) lack urgency
and ambition.Knowing where we go next weekend we had to win tonight
but in the 2 crucial decisions at the end (kicking the last penalty and kicking
the ball out when we had the turnover we played safe :dontknow:

And we won't be in this competition next year either :thumbdown:


Sat Jan 13, 2018 10:59 pm
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

Joined: Thu Jul 21, 2011 11:50 am
Posts: 6455
Post Re: European Champions Cup: Ospreys v Saracens (Sat 13.01.2018))
Apart from his bank manager, I think everyone must be wondering why Liam left Scarlets for Saracens. I only can count once when he received the ball the whole match against Ospreys.
He was the only Saracens player with a clean strip after the game. :D


Sat Jan 13, 2018 11:31 pm
Profile E-mail
World XV Player
User avatar

Joined: Thu May 06, 2004 5:40 pm
Posts: 61749
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Post Re: European Champions Cup: Ospreys v Saracens (Sat 13.01.2018))
BigRed wrote:
Apart from his bank manager, I think everyone must be wondering why Liam left Scarlets for Saracens. I only can count once when he received the ball the whole match against Ospreys.
He was the only Saracens player with a clean strip after the game. :D



Have you seen his young lady, who is London based? Also his career will be longer not having to tackle anyone..

_________________
We are all in the gutter but me and my mam are looking at the stars!


Sun Jan 14, 2018 12:02 am
Profile
World XV Player

Joined: Thu Nov 24, 2016 5:42 pm
Posts: 2875
Post Re: European Champions Cup: Ospreys v Saracens (Sat 13.01.2018))
I was there. The game was certainly more exciting and compelling than the scoreline may suggest. Most of all, I was astonished at how the Ospreys repeatedly destroyed the Saracens' scrum. Now, given that Northampton unexpectedly beat Clermont - what with all the injuries the latter have - could Ospreys go there and win? If they do, then they'd be top of their pool. :wtf: :cheers:


Sun Jan 14, 2018 12:25 am
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

Joined: Tue Nov 15, 2011 8:10 pm
Posts: 6283
Post Re: European Champions Cup: Ospreys v Saracens (Sat 13.01.2018))
Vunipola was very lucky not to be carded given how many times he was pinged in the scrum.


Sun Jan 14, 2018 1:58 am
Profile E-mail
World XV Player
User avatar

Joined: Thu Feb 19, 2015 10:37 pm
Posts: 13191
Post Re: European Champions Cup: Ospreys v Saracens (Sat 13.01.2018))
see below

_________________
Imageimage url uploadEasy to consider past and present, it's the future and associated plan and strategy to achieve that takes the talent ..


Sun Jan 14, 2018 5:57 am
Profile
World XV Player
User avatar

Joined: Thu Feb 19, 2015 10:37 pm
Posts: 13191
Post Re: European Champions Cup: Ospreys v Saracens (Sat 13.01.2018))
najbritcol wrote:
I was there. The game was certainly more exciting and compelling than the scoreline may suggest. Most of all, I was astonished at how the Ospreys repeatedly destroyed the Saracens' scrum. Now, given that Northampton unexpectedly beat Clermont - what with all the injuries the latter have - could Ospreys go there and win? If they do, then they'd be top of their pool. :wtf: :cheers:


I posted this elsewhere..

Osps wouldn't necessarily top the pool?

See the following posted elsewhere


AverageBBCjournalist wrote:
Tony Panties wrote:
AverageBBCjournalist wrote:
Surely the easiest permutation is if ospreys win next week they top the group and go through?


Not necesarily?

If Clermont get a losing BP and better points diff....?


Ok - then for clarity ospreys need to win and deny a losing bonus point.

After that it’s into the sums


Tony Panties wrote:
^^^^^^^^

gets complicated

I think that match points would be the same and aggregate pts diff or tries ....Osps scored more tries in the first game 3/2?


(b) If two clubs in the same pool are equal on match points at the end of the pool stage, their ranking will be determined by the results of the two matches played between the relevant clubs as follows:
(i) the club with the greater number of match points from the two matches; or
(ii) if equal, the club with the best aggregate points difference from the two matches; or
(iii) if equal, the club that scored the most tries in the two matches.

_________________
Imageimage url uploadEasy to consider past and present, it's the future and associated plan and strategy to achieve that takes the talent ..


Sun Jan 14, 2018 5:57 am
Profile
World XV Player
User avatar

Joined: Thu Feb 19, 2015 10:37 pm
Posts: 13191
Post Re: European Champions Cup: Ospreys v Saracens (Sat 13.01.2018))
Tony Panties wrote:
najbritcol wrote:
I was there. The game was certainly more exciting and compelling than the scoreline may suggest. Most of all, I was astonished at how the Ospreys repeatedly destroyed the Saracens' scrum. Now, given that Northampton unexpectedly beat Clermont - what with all the injuries the latter have - could Ospreys go there and win? If they do, then they'd be top of their pool. :wtf: :cheers:


I posted this elsewhere..

Osps wouldn't necessarily top the pool?

See the following posted elsewhere


AverageBBCjournalist wrote:
Tony Panties wrote:
AverageBBCjournalist wrote:
Surely the easiest permutation is if ospreys win next week they top the group and go through?


Not necesarily?

If Clermont get a losing BP and better points diff....?


Ok - then for clarity ospreys need to win and deny a losing bonus point.

After that it’s into the sums


Clerm could get a BP and Osps could win the pool.....

Tony Panties wrote:
^^^^^^^^

gets complicated

I think that match points would be the same and aggregate pts diff or tries ....Osps scored more tries in the first game 3/2?


(b) If two clubs in the same pool are equal on match points at the end of the pool stage, their ranking will be determined by the results of the two matches played between the relevant clubs as follows:
(i) the club with the greater number of match points from the two matches; or
(ii) if equal, the club with the best aggregate points difference from the two matches; or
(iii) if equal, the club that scored the most tries in the two matches.

_________________
Imageimage url uploadEasy to consider past and present, it's the future and associated plan and strategy to achieve that takes the talent ..


Sun Jan 14, 2018 6:00 am
Profile
World XV Player
User avatar

Joined: Sun Aug 12, 2007 11:09 am
Posts: 13769
Post Re: European Champions Cup: Ospreys v Saracens (Sat 13.01.2018))
Ospreys probably need to win by 5pts to top the group although there are other possibilities.

_________________
As a scummer once said 'we dont produce anything and live meaningless lives doing meaningless jobs just to payback money that never really existed in the first place'.


Sun Jan 14, 2018 11:35 am
Profile
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 65 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to: