It is currently Wed Feb 21, 2018 2:29 am

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 66 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
ECC: Cardiff Blues v Toulouse (Sun 14.01.2018) 
World XV Player

Post Re: ECC: Cardiff Blues v Toulouse (Sun 14.01.2018)
fair result.

What's all this shite about Cuthbert, just because he didn't do anything too bad, he has a good game... :dontknow: :dontknow: :dontknow: applauding mediocrity is the Welsh disease.

Sun Jan 14, 2018 8:30 pm
World XV Player

Berlin Warrior wrote:
fair result.

What's all this shite about Cuthbert, just because he didn't do anything too bad, he has a good game... :dontknow: :dontknow: :dontknow: applauding mediocrity is the Welsh disease.

Well, he did have a good game in both defence and attack. :D

Sun Jan 14, 2018 8:34 pm
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

BigRed wrote:
Berlin Warrior wrote:
fair result.

that should be the norm, not the exception.

Sun Jan 14, 2018 8:36 pm
World XV Player

Berlin Warrior wrote:
BigRed wrote:
Berlin Warrior wrote:
fair result.

that should be the norm, not the exception.

In fairness I think comments related to this match are justified but in general the poiint is taken and probably not disputed.

Sun Jan 14, 2018 8:38 pm
World XV Player

Well the Blues won the Challenge Cup once before, so could they do so again?

Sun Jan 14, 2018 8:44 pm
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

It’s not that difficult to comprehend the comments regarding Cuthbert. He has endured a horrible couple of years and been severely criticised. If he is now playing better then let’s cut the man some slack and give him some credit.

Sun Jan 14, 2018 8:45 pm
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

Pearcey3 wrote:
It’s not that difficult to comprehend the comments regarding Cuthbert. He has endured a horrible couple of years and been severely criticised. If he is now playing better then let’s cut the man some slack and give him some credit.

credit for what? not screwing up, doing his job?

As Neil Jenkins said, if you don't feel the need to applaud your postman for posting your letters then don't applaud me for kicking goals, it's my job..............

Sun Jan 14, 2018 8:50 pm
Club Player

This was a great performance by the Blues, and they deserve full credit for their efforts. The skills displayed far exceeded those of the Ospreys; and it is a pity Danny Wilson is leaving at the end of term.
NIck Williams, much criticised earlier in the season was a force to be reckoned with. Well done guys !!

Sun Jan 14, 2018 8:53 pm
Profile E-mail
Club Player

Berlin Warrior wrote:
Pearcey3 wrote:

As Neil Jenkins said, if you don't feel the need to applaud your postman for posting your letters then don't applaud me for kicking goals, it's my job..............

Have you ever been to Wales Berlin Warrior ?

Sun Jan 14, 2018 8:56 pm
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

JOHNWALES wrote:
Berlin Warrior wrote:
Pearcey3 wrote:

Have you ever been to Wales Berlin Warrior ?

Batten down harches :D

Sun Jan 14, 2018 9:49 pm
World XV Player

Berlin Warrior wrote:
fair result.

If Cuthbert can regain some of his form, it would be really good. Applauding mediocrity is not great but he has also faced some harsh criticism that doesn't seem to help.

Sun Jan 14, 2018 9:55 pm
Profile E-mail
British & Irish Lions Player

Cymru am byth wrote:
Berlin Warrior wrote:
fair result.

If Cuthbert can regain some of his form, it would be really good. Applauding mediocrity is not great but he has also faced some harsh criticism that doesn't seem to help.

Sun Jan 14, 2018 11:26 pm
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

There was, without a doubt, a period of time when he was absolutely World Class - no argument from me there.

But, for several seasons all I have heard is he's a confidence player, that's bullshit he's a professional rugby player paid well to be consistent, the odd off day can easily be forgiven but how long should he be given to get over this lack of confidence BS? it's taking the piss mun and picking him week after week just reinforces the fact that mediocrity is acceptable.

I have no truck with Alex personally, I don't do ad hominem but lauding his once in a blue moon acceptable performance is hilarious.

Sun Jan 14, 2018 11:50 pm
World XV Player

^^^^^^^^^^^

....perhaps what he's missing is George North, but he seems to not be on The Blues radar....

Mon Jan 15, 2018 12:27 am
World XV Player

Berlin Warrior wrote:
There was, without a doubt, a period of time when he was absolutely World Class - no argument from me there.

But, for several seasons all I have heard is he's a confidence player, that's bullshit he's a professional rugby player paid well to be consistent, the odd off day can easily be forgiven but how long should he be given to get over this lack of confidence BS? it's taking the piss mun and picking him week after week just reinforces the fact that mediocrity is acceptable.

I have no truck with Alex personally, I don't do ad hominem but lauding his once in a blue moon acceptable performance is hilarious.

But I not convinced that all professional sports players can deal with the confidence issue. Or don't in the same way. So he's gone from world class to mediocre at best, because (it seems) a lack of confidence.

I agree that picking him to regain form hasn't helped but the abuse him and Priestland got was unnaceptable and made it worse.

This is what I have a problem with.

https://www.google.com/amp/www.walesonl ... 284384.amp

Mon Jan 15, 2018 11:16 pm
Profile E-mail
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 66 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next