It is currently Tue Apr 24, 2018 9:39 am

Ospreys v Northampton 2017 
World XV Player

Post Re: Ospreys v Northampton 2017
Troron wrote:
The next Saints manager is going to have quite a job to do...

They seemed clueless

Sun Dec 17, 2017 7:35 pm
World XV Player

Scrappy match, but the Ospreys pulled away quite well in the end. Let's hope they can kick on from there and finally move on from their Pro 14 horrors.

Mon Dec 18, 2017 12:49 am
Profile E-mail
British & Irish Lions Player

Langland Exile wrote:
Troron wrote:

They seemed clueless

On the one hand I hate seeing a good club fall apart. On the other though, if I had to choose which English clubs I'd want to see fall it would be Saints and Tigers so...

Mon Dec 18, 2017 1:12 am
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

Troron wrote:
Langland Exile wrote:
Troron wrote:

They seemed clueless

On the one hand I hate seeing a good club fall apart. On the other though, if I had to choose which English clubs I'd want to see fall it would be Saints and Tigers so...

It is quite ironic that Saints made all the mistakes yesterday that have been besetting Ospreys up until two weeks ago. :scratch: :dontknow:
It was a bit like Ospreys looking in the mirror and taking notice of where they were. Hopefully, Spreys can move on now to show their true ability. Excepting when they play Scarlets. :D

Mon Dec 18, 2017 11:38 am
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

BigRed wrote:
Troron wrote:
Langland Exile wrote:
Troron wrote:

They seemed clueless

It is quite ironic that Saints made all the mistakes yesterday that have been besetting Ospreys up until two weeks ago. :scratch: :dontknow:
It was a bit like Ospreys looking in the mirror and taking notice of where they were. Hopefully, Spreys can move on now to show their true ability. Excepting when they play Scarlets. :D

I haven't seen the Ospreys much this season. But I do find it hard to think that a region can go from shit to good in a couple of matches with the same players and staff. This is part of the problem witb Welsh rugby. We need to look at our regions and be realistic. Neither calling them shit nor brilliant without a decent time period to view them. Unless we understand where we are we cannot make improvements. A term I read on here a lot is papering over cracks, we need to look from the bottom up and top down and in the middle. Not simply sacking a coach.

Mon Dec 18, 2017 11:56 am
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

Troron wrote:
Langland Exile wrote:
Troron wrote:

They seemed clueless

Not so bothered about Northampton (not a great fan of Hartley), but I agree about Leicester.

Sean

Mon Dec 18, 2017 12:25 pm
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

Cymru am byth wrote:
BigRed wrote:
Troron wrote:
Langland Exile wrote:
Troron wrote:

They seemed clueless

I haven't seen the Ospreys much this season. But I do find it hard to think that a region can go from shit to good in a couple of matches with the same players and staff. This is part of the problem witb Welsh rugby. We need to look at our regions and be realistic. Neither calling them shit nor brilliant without a decent time period to view them. Unless we understand where we are we cannot make improvements. A term I read on here a lot is papering over cracks, we need to look from the bottom up and top down and in the middle. Not simply sacking a coach.

Its what we do.... one great game and a player is world class, Keelan Giles is the new Shane Williams :)

You have to be brave to take a good look at your self and be innovative. Welsh rugby follows, it dragged along.

"Do not seek to follow in the footsteps of the wise. Seek what they sought"

Dont copy NZ or England's methods, decide where you want to be in 10 years time and put in place the systems and support, based on sound principles that exclude emotional preconceptions. Turn to the Science the research and look for our truth in something measurable and deliverable.

"Business!' cried the Ghost, wringing its hands again. "Mankind was my business; charity, mercy, forbearance, and benevolence, were, all, my business. The deals of my trade were but a drop of water in the comprehensive ocean of my business!”
“None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free.”
"The price of anything is the amount of life you exchange for

Mon Dec 18, 2017 12:28 pm
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

Blindside wrote:
Cymru am byth wrote:
BigRed wrote:
Troron wrote:
Langland Exile wrote:
Troron wrote:

They seemed clueless

Its what we do.... one great game and a player is world class, Keelan Giles is the new Shane Williams :)

You have to be brave to take a good look at your self and be innovative. Welsh rugby follows, it dragged along.

"Do not seek to follow in the footsteps of the wise. Seek what they sought"

Dont copy NZ or England's methods, decide where you want to be in 10 years time and put in place the systems and support, based on sound principles that exclude emotional preconceptions. Turn to the Science the research and look for our truth in something measurable and deliverable.

Good luck with that..but you sr right.

Perhaps uncharitable, but I think weather and playing conditions have a bit to do with also. The Ospreys are a good cold wet weather team where skill and precision is often negated. The Scarlets by comparison cannot handle a big physical pack easily, and they benefit from dry fast conditions.

New Zealand can play in both...

Mon Dec 18, 2017 2:06 pm
Regional Player

I thought commentators David Loughnane and Andrew Cottey over stepped the mark by supporting foul play. The remark that they would recommend that the best revenge was to help an opposing player to his feet, and at the next tackle knock him into next week is not a good example to youngsters, who may well face the possibility of having scrums taken out of their game in the near future.

Mon Dec 18, 2017 10:46 pm
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

JOHNWALES wrote:
I thought commentators David Loughnane and Andrew Cottey over stepped the mark by supporting foul play. The remark that they would recommend that the best revenge was to help an opposing player to his feet, and at the next tackle knock him into next week is not a good example to youngsters, who may well face the possibility of having scrums taken out of their game in the near future.

I was at the stadium so didn't hear the commentary but from your quote, what is illegal about that?

You should tackle like you dislike a player, id tell a kid that, thats not to say you tackle high or illegally but its a physical game and you dont hold back.

"Business!' cried the Ghost, wringing its hands again. "Mankind was my business; charity, mercy, forbearance, and benevolence, were, all, my business. The deals of my trade were but a drop of water in the comprehensive ocean of my business!”

Mon Dec 18, 2017 11:07 pm
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

Northampton we’re clueless and ospreys dominated upfront

I’m not sure ospreys will get away with such a limited game plan in the long term but was enough to win this game

Tue Dec 19, 2017 10:45 am
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

AverageBBCjournalist wrote:

I’m not sure ospreys will get away with such a limited game plan in the long term but was enough to win this game

I quite enjoyed the game, especially the second half. As i had free tickets perhaps i was a bit more tolerant and less of a doom monger. Northampton had most of the first half and could/should have been in front, Ospreys showed good intent and were positive (admittedly somewhat limited) dominated the second half. Things are seldom as bad or indeed as good as they sometimes appear. Ospreys have not become one of the worst sides in pro rugby within 12 months and the Scarlets have not become the best. There are however concerns about the Ospreys and optimism about the Scarlets, both probably well founded.

Tue Dec 19, 2017 11:34 am
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

Blindside wrote:
AverageBBCjournalist wrote:

I quite enjoyed the game, especially the second half. As i had free tickets perhaps i was a bit more tolerant and less of a doom monger. Northampton had most of the first half and could/should have been in front, Ospreys showed good intent and were positive (admittedly somewhat limited) dominated the second half. Things are seldom as bad or indeed as good as they sometimes appear. Ospreys have not become one of the worst sides in pro rugby within 12 months and the Scarlets have not become the best. There are however concerns about the Ospreys and optimism about the Scarlets, both probably well founded.

I think you will find that there are concerns about Scarlets as well. We are definitely not the cohesive unit that we were at the business end of last season. Yet, there is optimism that we can get there. There are a few key areas that need attention, areas that can be exploited by other teams.

Tue Dec 19, 2017 12:39 pm
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

Stuart Lancaster is being bandied about in the press

'I am Stepney, I am Peru, I am divine and so are you.' ( John Wardell, aka Jah Wobble from his album 'Take me to God' who when introduced to John Lydon in a pub was so utterly pissed that he couldn't even pronounce his own name: thus 'Jah Wobble'.)

Wed Dec 20, 2017 3:27 pm