It is currently Wed Nov 22, 2017 10:04 am

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 63 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Saracens v Ospreys (Sat 21.10.2017) 
British & Irish Lions Player

Post Re: Saracens v Ospreys (Sat 21.10.2017)
I didn't watch the match as I went out to the theatre. However, the lack of comments on here is yet further evidence of what I said on the Toulouse-Cardiff Blues thread - when a Welsh region does well (even in loss) it attracts a lot less discussion than when a Welsh region does badly.

Sat Oct 21, 2017 10:15 pm
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

Or that it was on BT which is yet another subscription service.

Sat Oct 21, 2017 10:17 pm
Profile E-mail

AverageBBCjournalist wrote:

So was Scarlets-Bath, yet the thread goes onto eight pages largely slagging off the former (not entirely without reason, in fairness).

Sat Oct 21, 2017 10:19 pm
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

najbritcol wrote:

So was Scarlets-Bath, yet the thread goes onto eight pages largely slagging off the former (not entirely without reason, in fairness).

It was on sky which going by post per game seems to be the service most posters have

But that is only my opinion

Sat Oct 21, 2017 10:23 pm
Profile E-mail

najbritcol wrote:

It was on sky which going by post per game seems to be the service most posters have

But that is only my opinion

My mistake, but still the point is that neither match was free-to-air.

Sat Oct 21, 2017 10:27 pm
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

They're all free if you install Mobdro.....

'It's now very common to hear people say, "I'm rather offended by that", as if that gives them certain rights. It's no more than a whine. It has no meaning, it has no purpose, it has no reason to be respected as a phrase. "I'm offended by that." Well, so *fupping* what?' —Stephen Fry

"You like PhillBB demand facts for debate........My premise needs no facts to debate it" - Rosario on "how to look like an idiot"

http://www.flickr.com/photos/whitcomberd/

Sat Oct 21, 2017 10:46 pm
Profile WWW
World XV Player

Got to admit that Ospreys were far better than I gave them credit.
There was no disgrace in going down by only two points to the Champions of Europe on their home pitch.
The only question I have was where did this form suddenly come from?
Two bonus points from an away win against the European Champions is a very good result.

Sat Oct 21, 2017 11:28 pm
Profile E-mail

BigRed wrote:
Got to admit that Ospreys were far better than I gave them credit.
There was no disgrace in going down by only two points to the Champions of Europe on their home pitch.
The only question I have was where did this form suddenly come from?
Two bonus points from an away win against the European Champions is a very good result.

Away loss you mean? Anyway, despite losing all their matches bar their unconvincing win over Zebre, they have slowly but surely been getting better. Against Scarlets and Clermont there were many promising signs.

Sat Oct 21, 2017 11:33 pm
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

More time for Tandy this.

Not many trans will run series that close at their place.

Last two weeks they've looked tactically great, just lacking in ability and intelligence on the pitch.

Doesn't make up for the last 6 weeks, and the last three of last season though, where they've been shit all over.

Need to win 4 from 4 to go through, it's a slight possibility given the last two weeks, game against saints is crucial, Tandys stock would rise exponentially if they did

I wonder if we'll see this form in the pro 14 when it returns

Sun Oct 22, 2017 12:59 am
Profile E-mail WWW

CymraegJanner wrote:
Not many trans will run series that close at their place.

Sorry? :scratch:

Sun Oct 22, 2017 10:21 am
Profile E-mail
Regional Junior Player

Surprised no one has commented on the refereeing last night.
I was watching the game in a Cardiff pub and even the neutrals were appalled at the ref and his lack of use of TMO.
1 Penalty try awarded when Ospreys 13 was likely/possible to make a covering tackle. There is no possible way a try was certain.
2 Try before half time - a massive long forward pass in the Sarries build up at the halfway line - and
3 Obstruction on James hook for Sarries try in the second half. The offender could be seen laughing about it on close up.

None of these were sent upstairs and none seem to have been questioned. Not an Osprey's fan but they were not given a fair crack last night.

Sun Oct 22, 2017 10:27 am
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

I listened to the game on the radio. Ospreys back in the room then. Good news. :occasion5: :clap:

Sun Oct 22, 2017 10:40 am

According to the Ospreys website, they are the first-ever visiting team to score four tries in a European match at Allianz Park.
http://www.ospreysrugby.com/News/Article/50306

Sun Oct 22, 2017 11:24 am
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

najbritcol wrote:
I didn't watch the match as I went out to the theatre. However, the lack of comments on here is yet further evidence of what I said on the Toulouse-Cardiff Blues thread - when a Welsh region does well (even in loss) it attracts a lot less discussion than when a Welsh region does badly.

I still read the threads and nothing has changed, its still the ref's fault, its still the WRU's fault and sack the coach. Your batshit crazy theories are plain dumb.

Sun Oct 22, 2017 11:25 am
World XV Player

Is it the aura of Saracens that defeats teams before they take the park? Seems like the Ospreys paid no attention to this. I didnt see the game so cant comment. It's October, with AI's around the corner, squad depreciated again. Ospreys have a mountain to climb and to be honest if anyone can do it then I think they can still take something from this season.

I'm sure last night will mean a hell of a lot to these guys. Saracens at home, thought it was going to be a 50 pointer.

Sun Oct 22, 2017 11:48 am
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 63 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next